Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: One image sums up Sunday's game

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,557
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 513 Times in 331 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    10
    ZoneBux
    26,340.59
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    26,340.59
    Donate

    One image sums up Sunday's game

    Brought to you by Joe Goodberry you can follow him on twitter, does a good job and talks Bills even though he's a Bengals fan.

    r600x600.jpg

    3rd and 1, Texans have 7 men in the box against 5 blockers for the Bills. You can't run against those numbers but Fitz never checks out, or can't check out, who knows what the coaches allow him to do at the line, so the Bills get stuffed.

    We didn't run in short yardage situations the rest of the day, Texans dared us to pass. Look how close the safeties are to the line of scrimmage, they are within 7 yards of the line of scrimmage, zero respect for the deepball/Fitz/receivers.

    Sums up Gailey and this offense.

  2. Post thanked by:

    coastal (11-05-2012),IlluminatusUIUC (11-06-2012),Ingtar33 (11-07-2012),jimmifli (11-07-2012),Lone Stranger (11-07-2012),Oldbillsfan (11-07-2012),Pride (11-07-2012)

  3. #2
    Lets GO BUFFALO!! SquishDaFish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    16,962
    Thanks
    2,141
    Thanked 599 Times in 353 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    67
    ZoneBux
    49,143.25
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    49,143.25
    Donate

    Re: One image sums up Sunday's game

    The gameplanning SUCKS! EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE knows what routes our Wrs will run. SHORT Slants and curls. Thats it. At least throw deep a couple times a game and then you will see them back up and OPEN UP THE RUN GAME!! **** Im tired of this ****ing team and hiring PATHETIC coaches!!

  4. Post thanked by:

    The last buffalo fan (11-07-2012)

  5. #3
    It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    41,310
    Thanks
    3,837
    Thanked 3,486 Times in 2,002 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    126
    ZoneBux
    164,014.20
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    164,014.20
    Donate

    Re: One image sums up Sunday's game

    If you can't make a play over the top against that set, you need to hang it up.

    Long you live and high you fly And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry And all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be.

  6. Post thanked by:

    The last buffalo fan (11-07-2012)

  7. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,557
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 513 Times in 331 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    10
    ZoneBux
    26,340.59
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    26,340.59
    Donate

    Re: One image sums up Sunday's game

    Gailey's trying to dictate coverage with 4 WRs and Wade is basically telling him to get ****ed. Prove you can pass!

    I really recommend going through Joe Goodberry's twitter, or checking out via.me and scrolling through the pics & captions

    Start here.

    http://via.me/-6oi6hli#!/-6ohcg0g

  8. Post thanked by:

    coastal (11-05-2012),jimmifli (11-07-2012)

  9. #5
    It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    41,310
    Thanks
    3,837
    Thanked 3,486 Times in 2,002 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    126
    ZoneBux
    164,014.20
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    164,014.20
    Donate

    Re: One image sums up Sunday's game

    I love the 52 defense Wade uses in Texas. Wish we had a DC that wasn't using schemes two decades old.

  10. Post thanked by:

    djjimkelly (11-07-2012)

  11. #6
    TIM COUCH IS MY HERO! bills_7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,006
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    13
    ZoneBux
    3,098.66
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    3,098.66
    Donate

    Re: One image sums up Sunday's game

    Very frustrating to see images like this and knowing we cant adjust wither its the coaching or Fitz, Great players always adjust, even us eveyday ppl will adjust when we r playing madden 13!!! lol just so so sad that we have to all go thru this

  12. #7
    The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    5,576
    Thanks
    677
    Thanked 721 Times in 443 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    22
    ZoneBux
    4,527.98
    Bank
    306,330.07
    Total ZoneBux
    310,858.05
    Donate

    Re: One image sums up Sunday's game

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I love the 52 defense Wade uses in Texas. Wish we had a DC that wasn't using schemes two decades old.
    He was our head coach and we ran him out of town for winning. Just a quick reminder. If you knew that, then it's really sad.

  13. #8
    Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The American Riviera, CA
    Posts
    5,010
    Thanks
    2,040
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,807 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    12
    ZoneBux
    161,768.78
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    161,768.78
    Donate

    Re: One image sums up Sunday's game

    Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    Brought to you by Joe Goodberry you can follow him on twitter, does a good job and talks Bills even though he's a Bengals fan.

    r600x600.jpg

    3rd and 1, Texans have 7 men in the box against 5 blockers for the Bills. You can't run against those numbers but Fitz never checks out, or can't check out, who knows what the coaches allow him to do at the line, so the Bills get stuffed.

    We didn't run in short yardage situations the rest of the day, Texans dared us to pass. Look how close the safeties are to the line of scrimmage, they are within 7 yards of the line of scrimmage, zero respect for the deepball/Fitz/receivers.

    Sums up Gailey and this offense.
    Before I opened this thread, I predicted it was going to be a picture of Schaub standing all alone while 9 Bills defenders chase Foster and the play action.
    Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

  14. Post thanked by:

    gebobs (11-08-2012)

  15. #9
    Registered User MST3KBillsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,991
    Thanks
    6,533
    Thanked 1,719 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    21
    ZoneBux
    114,809.47
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    114,809.47
    Donate

    Re: One image sums up Sunday's game

    Quote Originally Posted by ServoBillieves View Post
    He was our head coach and we ran him out of town for winning. Just a quick reminder. If you knew that, then it's really sad.
    the Offseason we had between 2000 and 2001 was the single worst one in Franchise History.

  16. #10
    Registered User Mski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Williamsville Ny
    Posts
    6,773
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 168 Times in 118 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    28
    ZoneBux
    17,446.07
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    17,446.07
    Donate

    Re: One image sums up Sunday's game

    Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    Texans dared us to pass. Look how close the safeties are to the line of scrimmage, they are within 7 yards of the line of scrimmage, zero respect for the deepball/Fitz/receivers.

    Sums up Gailey and this offense.
    thats because they know our QB cabnt throw the ball that far
    RIP Tommy D!
    12/25/1978-9/9/2008


    If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

  17. #11
    Pinkerton's son NaturalBornSpiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Albany
    Posts
    5,416
    Thanks
    393
    Thanked 523 Times in 275 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    21
    ZoneBux
    18,905.15
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    18,905.15
    Donate

    Re: One image sums up Sunday's game

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    If you can't make a play over the top against that set, you need to hang it up.
    To hell with over the top, run a quick out or slant, depending on what the D gives you, and you'll prolly get 10-15 easy yards. Apparently that is too crazy to grasp for the supposed offensive genius Gailey and the actual genius Fitz.

    I was terrified that on this play when they set up that we'd run it, and thats exactly what they did. If Fitz can't see that and check out, idk what to say.
    Last edited by NaturalBornSpiller; 11-07-2012 at 12:50 PM.

  18. #12
    Registered User kishoph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    buffalo,n.y.
    Posts
    2,101
    Thanks
    1,251
    Thanked 881 Times in 518 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    16
    ZoneBux
    24,057.70
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    24,057.70
    Donate

    Re: One image sums up Sunday's game

    What makes it worse is they didn't even bother to bring in a extra CB against a 4 receiver set and they basically played that way the whole game, never having any fear or respect of the passing game.

  19. #13
    It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    41,310
    Thanks
    3,837
    Thanked 3,486 Times in 2,002 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    126
    ZoneBux
    164,014.20
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    164,014.20
    Donate

    Re: One image sums up Sunday's game

    Quote Originally Posted by ServoBillieves View Post
    He was our head coach and we ran him out of town for winning. Just a quick reminder. If you knew that, then it's really sad.
    Not sure what your point is, especially the last comment, but I'm more than well aware that Phillips was a DC and then HC here.

    My point is Wade is an honest-to-the-football-gods defensive coordinator, and the 52 he runs in Houston sure as hell isn't the same defense he was running 15 years ago. Also, he didn't get run out of town for winning.

  20. #14
    It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    41,310
    Thanks
    3,837
    Thanked 3,486 Times in 2,002 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    126
    ZoneBux
    164,014.20
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    164,014.20
    Donate

    Re: One image sums up Sunday's game

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkdogg32 View Post
    To hell with over the top, run a quick out or slant, depending on what the D gives you, and you'll prolly get 10-15 easy yards. Apparently that is too crazy to grasp for the supposed offensive genius Gailey and the actual genius Fitz.

    I was terrified that on this play when they set up that we'd run it, and thats exactly what they did. If Fitz can't see that and check out, idk what to say.
    The quick out is there for the slot receivers, the slant isn't for anybody. That defense is just begging the outside receivers to stutter past the corners down the sideline. Any receiver in the league should be able to beat that coverage downfield, and any QB should be able to make the throw.

  21. Post thanked by:

    Lone Stranger (11-07-2012),NaturalBornSpiller (11-08-2012)

  22. #15
    Dances With Buffaloes Ingtar33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    9,810
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked 386 Times in 159 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    37
    ZoneBux
    55,273.63
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    55,273.63
    Donate

    Re: One image sums up Sunday's game

    Bill Belichick ran a version of that against the rams in 2001... in the superbowl.

    As to that picture. Just throw a freaking screen to the inside WR. if he can't fall forward for 2 yards you need to get him off the football field. I mean that's a straight man defense the texans are running with zero safety overtop.

    And yes... without motion or seeing the game or what will happen with the play I can tell the defensive set just looking at a picture. I only feel the need to say that because around these forums this year some strange thinking has settled in that "you can't tell what defense the defense is in" when talking about schemes and player failings about this bills abortion of a defense. To which i reply, if a QB in the NFL can't generally tell what defense the defense is in prior to the snap he has no business being under center. So that thought process is bunk.

    The Texans have 7 men at the line, crowding it, in a clear blitz (5 man rush in this case, which qualifies as a blitz), it's straight man on the WR, no safety over-top, one of the LB is in man on the RB, and will follow him into the hole, covering the inside/outside of the run depending on which side the RB goes to (either to close of a cutback or force one depending), the other LB is likely in a read defense, and will either be playing a middle zone or run defense... the 5 men on the line will all pass-rush, likely collapsing inside, probably zero stunts, and no real up-field edge rush, other then to hold the edge against an outside run or bootleg. probably they'll mostly stand up to clog the passing lane on a possible quick slant, rather then rush the passer... the inside 3 will push inside.

    That's a pretty easy defense to read, (and anyone who's seen the game feel free to correct me on how it played out past this point) and as a QB, your obvious move would be to audible to a screen pass on the inside WR (probably a spot audible, were everyone else runs the play you called, except the WR and QB), or even audible to a quick out with the target being the slot WR... (that would require the outside WR to run a slant or post, to clear the area, the Safety is too far off the ball to make a play on even a bad pass... 2 yards should be easy to pick up against that defense.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 11-07-2012 at 11:09 PM.
    Predicted Bills Record 5-11
    Actual Bills Record 6-10
    Prognostication Record 7-9


    You know what really sucks? We're now approaching a level of sustained craptitude not seen in the NFL since the pre-Plumber Cardinals or pre-Sanders Lions. Yeah... being a Bills fan really sucks right now.

  23. Post thanked by:

    gebobs (11-08-2012),IlluminatusUIUC (11-08-2012),Patti120 (11-08-2012),psubills62 (11-09-2012)

  24. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    4,610
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 236 Times in 149 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    22
    ZoneBux
    11,255.80
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    11,255.80
    Donate

    Re: One image sums up Sunday's game

    Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    Bill Belichick ran a version of that against the rams in 2001... in the superbowl.

    As to that picture. Just throw a freaking screen to the inside WR. if he can't fall forward for 2 yards you need to get him off the football field. I mean that's a straight man defense the texans are running with zero safety overtop.

    And yes... without motion or seeing the game or what will happen with the play I can tell the defensive set just looking at a picture. I only feel the need to say that because around these forums this year some strange thinking has settled in that "you can't tell what defense the defense is in" when talking about schemes and player failings about this bills abortion of a defense. To which i reply, if a QB in the NFL can't generally tell what defense the defense is in prior to the snap he has no business being under center. So that thought process is bunk.

    The Texans have 7 men at the line, crowding it, in a clear blitz (5 man rush in this case, which qualifies as a blitz), it's straight man on the WR, no safety over-top, one of the LB is in man on the RB, and will follow him into the hole, covering the inside/outside of the run depending on which side the RB goes to (either to close of a cutback or force one depending), the other LB is likely in a read defense, and will either be playing a middle zone or run defense... the 5 men on the line will all pass-rush, likely collapsing inside, probably zero stunts, and no real up-field edge rush, other then to hold the edge against an outside run or bootleg. probably they'll mostly stand up to clog the passing lane on a possible quick slant, rather then rush the passer... the inside 3 will push inside.

    That's a pretty easy defense to read, (and anyone who's seen the game feel free to correct me on how it played out past this point) and as a QB, your obvious move would be to audible to a screen pass on the inside WR (probably a spot audible, were everyone else runs the play you called, except the WR and QB), or even audible to a quick out with the target being the slot WR... (that would require the outside WR to run a slant or post, to clear the area, the Safety is too far off the ball to make a play on even a bad pass... 2 yards should be easy to pick up against that defense.
    What he said. Says it all and an honor to read.
    I'm an Ultra Marone Fan

  25. #17
    Registered User kishoph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    buffalo,n.y.
    Posts
    2,101
    Thanks
    1,251
    Thanked 881 Times in 518 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    16
    ZoneBux
    24,057.70
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    24,057.70
    Donate

    Re: One image sums up Sunday's game

    There were certainly other options, but in defense of that play (I just watched it), Urbik totally missed his block, which is the reason the play was blown up.

  26. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    345
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    6
    ZoneBux
    682.73
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    682.73
    Donate

    Re: One image sums up Sunday's game

    My favorite play was when they had Fred split out wide, the Texans put a DL on him and Fitz never even looked that way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •