Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An open question

Thanks
    Thanked 4,328 Times in 2,068 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

An open question

Alright, for the first time in my life i've missed a bills game, didn't record it and have no plan to hunt it down to see it. I also am not slightly annoyed at seeing the final score, as my only desire was for the bills to not get embarrassed 50-3... and it seems we sorta kept the final score competitive.

So i guess i'm looking for feedback on how the team looked today. mostly out of morbid curiosity. I can see the box score just fine, but i'd rather get something more out of it then what the box score can tell me.

As a sidenote: is it time to kill the Kelly avatar? I think the look on his face sums this mess up nicely... but i am open to changing it.

btw: I had a great day today not watching any NFL games, I probably will be doing this more often. It will likely keep my doctor happy (about my blood-pressure)
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 11-04-2012 at 05:39 PM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

2. Post thanked by:

Cali512 (11-05-2012),jlgarsh (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: An open question

They were competitive today and in the game pretty much all day.

We ran 3 times total in the second half.

The play calling split was 27 throws 13 runs while the game was still a one score contest.

The offense was pathetic and couldn't make plays when it needed to. Mainly because Chan Gailey is an offensive momentum killer.

Defensively they played well enough to win.

4. Post thanked by:

jlgarsh (11-05-2012),SquishDaFish (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,859 Times in 4,002 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

For the 3rd consecutive game, a Bills' QB committed a TO with 3 minutes left to go in the game. The past 2 weeks, the Bills were trying to hold onto a lead. This time, they were trying to make a last minute comeback. None of the TO's were very smart. Today's was Fitz stretching for an extra yard with someone on his back, leading to a dumb fumble.

He's making Tony Romo look clutch.

The defense wasn't as bad as it had been. MW showed up for a few plays, and Dareus pushed the pocket back on a play or two. Moore remains the best pass rusher.

The investment in high draft choice DB's is really paying off. Aaron Williams looked like he was chained to Andre Johnson, unfortunately, the chain was 10 yards long. After Williams got hurt, another former 1st round pick was brought in to replace him. You can never have enough of these guys.

Dan Fouts actually congratulated Gillmore for being 2 steps behind Andre Johnson on a long pass to the endzone. Fortunately, the pass was off.

Spiller and Jackson carried the ball a combined 12 times. One of Spillers' 6 carries was on 3rd and inches. Enough said.

They were lucky the score was as close as it was.

6. Post thanked by:

BillsFever21 (11-04-2012),gebobs (11-05-2012),jimmifli (11-04-2012),jlgarsh (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

CJ Spiller is one of the most talented players in the league and only gets the ball 10 times a game in this offense. Most of our good offensive drives came as a result of him and he still isn't a bigger part of this team's game plan... I just don't understand it.
    Last edited by Crisis; 11-04-2012 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Quote Originally Posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

8. Post thanked by:

Jeff1220 (11-05-2012),jlgarsh (11-05-2012),kishoph (11-05-2012),Skooby (11-04-2012),SquishDaFish (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,683 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
    CJ Spiller is one of the most talented players in the league and only gets the ball 10 times a game in this offense. Most of our good offensive drives came as a result of him and he still isn't a bigger part of this team's game plan... I just don't understand it.
    It's mind boggling, I guess that Fitz can pass for the same average so why bother going further right?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,328 Times in 2,068 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

so more of the same... texans kept us in it by not bothering to show up and taking it easy... while the bills continued to prove they're just a 2nd rate ACC team.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 11-04-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    so more of the same... texans kept us in it by not bothering to show up and taking it easy... while the bills continued to prove they're just a 2nd rate ACC team.
    You insult the ACC's second rate teams.

Registered User Scumbag College's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 698 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills didn't do anything to lose the game, but didn't do a whole lot to win it either.

Bad play calling on offense abandoning the run in the second half and the lack of finding any way to stop Houston's TEs and WR Johnson were glaring oversights by the coaching staff today.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

13. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 24,404 Times in 14,132 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Duke is offended.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,337 Times in 7,240 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I know the Bills were "in it" for most of the game but there was never any doubt they would lose in my mind.

16. Post thanked by:

BillsFever21 (11-04-2012),Crisis (11-04-2012),Lone Stranger (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    I know the Bills were "in it" for most of the game but there was never any doubt they would lose in my mind.
    Yep, you just wait for the inevitable collapse once the 2nd half rolls around, and they never surprise.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post

He is playing well this season, but one of the most talented in the league??
    [

The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 607 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Texans showed up today. They played well today. I'm as mad as the other fans but to say an NFL team didn't show up today because they were playing the Bills is asinine. JJ Watt and a very good defensive line was held in check by an incredibly underrated offensive line.

This is a loss, this is an awful loss, but they are the best team in the AFC, and we held them. But what's the point of making the playoffs when a team like this is going to inevitably destroy us? Chan Gailey continues to believe that the Wildcat, the spread offense, the pistol offense, and empty backfields will somehow be the answer when his GM drafted a RB in the first round and won't use him. Let's run bubble screens for 2 yards. Let's throw a 3 yard slant on 3rd and 9.

**** the Bills, but don't say the opponent didn't show up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dannyek71 View Post
    Yes. He is one of the most talented to answer your question.
    Bye Bye Brady...

20. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,481 Times in 1,479 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Classic Gailey and Fitz. We're down by 2 scores, no timeouts, get the ball with 5 mins in the fourth, and casually attempt, with no urgency, no no huddle, in fact they huddled, and showed no fundamental knowledge of the game that even a child would recognize, and killed their own clock before they failed. So you saved yourself from wanting to stab the SOB with a dull spoon. Also, watching the game on CBS, where the camera man is so ****ing lazy he can't zoom in and follow the play, the players looked like ants.
    Great game.
    Last edited by Turf; 11-04-2012 at 10:18 PM.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

22. Post thanked by:

ServoBillieves (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by dannyek71 View Post
    He and Darren Sproles/Reggie Bush aren't really all that different IMO.

I wouldn't make the leap that CJ is one of the most talented guys in the league. He's a good player but not great.

If anyone considers Spiller great or one of the most talented in the league then they have to put Sproles and Bush right there with him.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,481 Times in 1,479 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
    He and Darren Sproles/Reggie Bush aren't really all that different IMO.

I wouldn't make the leap that CJ is one of the most talented guys in the league. He's a good player but not great.

If anyone considers Spiller great or one of the most talented in the league then they have to put Sproles and Bush right there with him.
    We have a head coach that doesn't have a clue. Any other competent coach would have this guy on the cover of Madden next year.

25. Post thanked by:

Crisis (11-04-2012),SquishDaFish (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

My assessment is that the Bills played a pretty good game against a superior opponent, and a good deal of their superiority comes at the QB position. It's not that I think Fitzpatrick was terrible today. For him, I think he played a pretty good game. I just think the Texans are confident in Schaub being able to do a lot more things than Fitzpatrick. Fitz actually completed a few more passes of more than 10 yards than usual, but there were still more wide receiver screens than I like. At some point in the game defenses are going to start expecting them, and Houston sniffed out several for no gain or a loss.

In a few other random thoughts, JJ Watts is a beast, and Andre Johnson had a field day, mostly against Aaron Williams. I hope Aaron Williams wasn't hurt too badly when Andre Johnson fell on his leg, but frankly, I don't think Williams is that much better than any of the guys Buffalo might use to replace him. Stephon Gilmore has a lot more talent and I could see him being able to take the opponent's top receiver and keeping him well contained next year. He did a good job on Andre Johnson at least some of the time that he was matched up on him, including some beautiful tight coverage on a fourth down touchdown pass attempt that failed, giving Buffalo possession. Buffalo's defensive line had decent pressure some of the time, but I'd have to say Houston won the battle of the trenches on both offense and defense.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The guy is almost 2 YPC above the next RB in the league for RBs over 50 carries... It's not a stretch at all to say he's one of the most talented backs in the league. He was a top 10 pick for a reason and his production so far justifies that.

28. Post thanked by:

SquishDaFish (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Aaron Williams sucks giant dick. Mark that down on your things to avoid watching

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I too missed the game but from what I see of the highlights it was our corners getting beat and the linebackers missing tackles. So more of the same that I didn't watch. I can go to work today and just concentrate on my job and not have to stand around discussing pathetic football, cause at this point in the season I can't add anything new to the conversation.
    Don't Mistake Lack Of Talent For Genius