Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 100

Thread: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

  1. #21
    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    11,209
    Thanks
    6,558
    Thanked 6,423 Times in 3,911 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    39

    Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    He may be one step above where he should be. He may be making some game day mistakes, but the simple fact is the guy is working his ass off. We took a Superbowl contender into the 4th quarter on the road with a decent shot at winning the game.

    Chan Gailey isn't a bum... in fact, give him a Tom Brady and people would be calling him an offensive genius.

    Sure... he's not the best on the planet but his greatest weaknesses are out of his control...

    ...namely not having a QB and working in a ****ed up organization.

    Keep coaching Chan... and keep coaching hard!

    You have my respect.
    Eff all that ****...2-12 in the division. Gailey sucks. Period.
    Carpenter's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

  2. Post thanked by:

    Marcala12 (11-05-2012),Novacane (11-06-2012)

  3. #22
    This is great, and all I've done is enter my name! THRILLHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    1,559
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 391 Times in 201 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    13

    Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

    Offensive genius coach's team scores no touchdowns. I find that offensive.
    True fans want wins, not draft picks.

  4. Post thanked by:

    MitchMurrayDowntown (11-05-2012)

  5. #23
    Registered Sex Offender Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the fifth ring of hell
    Posts
    23,797
    Thanks
    1,352
    Thanked 4,959 Times in 2,949 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    61

    Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Fewell... Super Bowl winner.
    Gilbride... Super Bowl winner.
    Gregg Williams... Super Bowl winner.
    Willis McGahee
    Marshawn Lynch
    Donte Whitner
    Jabari Greer... Super Bowl winner.
    Wade Phillips
    Dick Lebaeu... Super Bowl winner.
    Jim Leonhard
    Antoine Winfield
    Justin Bannan
    Pat Williams
    Ruben Brown

    i pretty much own u.

    u don't even comprehend my argument.
    LMAO you name coaches who have moved on to organizations who have immensely more talent than here. Lebeau was fine here, in his one season, and successful before and after. Why not mention Sam Wyche and Mike Mularkey while you're at it. Wade isn't even a HC anymore and in fact was fired by another team in between then and now.

    McGahee was better here than he has been since. Lynch is the same. Whitner is the same. You mention Greer? Because he was such an integral part of N.O.'s offensive success. Leonhard is a nobody. Winfield was successful here. Bannan is a nobody. Williams was successful here and Ruben Brown was also better here than elsewhere.

    You own jack.

    Your argument is crap and frankly, stupid.

  6. #24
    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    11,209
    Thanks
    6,558
    Thanked 6,423 Times in 3,911 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    39

    Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Fewell... Super Bowl winner.
    Gilbride... Super Bowl winner.
    Gregg Williams... Super Bowl winner.
    Willis McGahee
    Marshawn Lynch
    Donte Whitner
    Jabari Greer... Super Bowl winner.
    Wade Phillips
    Dick Lebaeu... Super Bowl winner.
    Jim Leonhard
    Antoine Winfield
    Justin Bannan
    Pat Williams
    Ruben Brown
    Cherry picking. You could do the same or better with any team's castoffs.

  7. #25
    Registered Sex Offender Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the fifth ring of hell
    Posts
    23,797
    Thanks
    1,352
    Thanked 4,959 Times in 2,949 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    61

    Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

    Quote Originally Posted by djjimkelly View Post
    i feel like that alot in life sadly and you are right in this case
    You still think that JP Losman was awesome so your opinion is equally as meaningless.

  8. #26
    Registered Sex Offender Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the fifth ring of hell
    Posts
    23,797
    Thanks
    1,352
    Thanked 4,959 Times in 2,949 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    61

    Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

    Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    Cherry picking. You could do the same or better with any team's castoffs.
    He missed Jason Peters. I mean that guy is doing so awesome this year!

    Plus most of those guys have been replaced by players as good or better...outside of Winfield.

    Obviously Fewell and Lebeau are better than the DC we have now though.

  9. #27
    Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    specifically located in the Milky Way
    Posts
    23,640
    Thanks
    2,396
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    78

    Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

    Quote Originally Posted by bf1 View Post
    I liked Chan, but not anymore. I never liked Jauron, but at least the team played hard for him. I don't think they do for Chan. Motivating the players is a head coaching skill. Plus to limit Spiller when the guy is on the verge of a breakout season is unforgivable.
    agree 100%. used to support Chan, but for those reasons alone, I don't anymore. and that's not even mentioning his record since he's been here.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.


  10. #28
    Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    specifically located in the Milky Way
    Posts
    23,640
    Thanks
    2,396
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    78

    Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    We took a Superbowl contender into the 4th quarter on the road with a decent shot at winning the game.
    that sounds like we're an expansion team. like we're still knew to the league. big deal. we should have beaten them.

  11. #29
    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    11,209
    Thanks
    6,558
    Thanked 6,423 Times in 3,911 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    39

    Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

    Anyone that thought Gailey was going to be anything more than another chump either didn't know who he was or was deluded.

  12. Post thanked by:

    Historian (11-06-2012),Marcala12 (11-05-2012)

  13. #30
    Registered Sex Offender Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the fifth ring of hell
    Posts
    23,797
    Thanks
    1,352
    Thanked 4,959 Times in 2,949 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    61

    Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

    Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    Anyone that thought Gailey was going to be anything more than another chump either didn't know who he was or was deluded.
    Sadly some people are still deluded. Chan is the worst HC we've had since Wade, including Gregg.

  14. Post thanked by:

    Novacane (11-06-2012)

  15. #31
    Registered User djjimkelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    UNIT 5 Block F Cell 10
    Posts
    5,981
    Thanks
    2,169
    Thanked 868 Times in 550 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    28

    Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

    Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
    You still think that JP Losman was awesome so your opinion is equally as meaningless.
    holy **** you are pathetic

  16. #32
    Registered Sex Offender Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the fifth ring of hell
    Posts
    23,797
    Thanks
    1,352
    Thanked 4,959 Times in 2,949 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    61

    Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

    Quote Originally Posted by djjimkelly View Post
    holy **** you are pathetic
    Thank you.

    Seriously what is pathetic is your inability to actually assess what you are seeing.

    Your views on what you've seen in the past makes your evaluation on what you see now meaningless.

    Hence what I said.
    Last edited by Mr. Pink; 11-05-2012 at 11:15 PM.

  17. #33
    Registered User Mouldsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,819
    Thanks
    2,984
    Thanked 1,523 Times in 927 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    11

    Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

    Did someone just make fun of Jason Peters? Dude was probably the best OT in the game last year

  18. Post thanked by:

    coastal (11-06-2012),EDS (11-06-2012)

  19. #34
    Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago, Killinois
    Posts
    8,966
    Thanks
    3,129
    Thanked 6,494 Times in 3,490 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    25

    Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    He may be one step above where he should be. He may be making some game day mistakes, but the simple fact is the guy is working his ass off. We took a Superbowl contender into the 4th quarter on the road with a decent shot at winning the game.

    Chan Gailey isn't a bum... in fact, give him a Tom Brady and people would be calling him an offensive genius.

    Sure... he's not the best on the planet but his greatest weaknesses are out of his control...

    ...namely not having a QB and working in a ****ed up organization.

    Keep coaching Chan... and keep coaching hard!

    You have my respect.
    This post was clearly written in November 2010 after the Baltimore game. Because there's no way you can be claiming this now.

    He hasn't been stuck with Fitz, he's deliberately chosen Fitz to lead his offense. There's no way that we give Ryan that extension or draft only 1 7th round QB in three years unless Chan is telling Nix that Fitz is the guy.


    Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

  20. Post thanked by:

    jdaltroy5 (11-06-2012),Marcala12 (11-06-2012)

  21. #35
    Skoobasaurus-Rex MitchMurrayDowntown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    14,994
    Thanks
    7,580
    Thanked 3,206 Times in 2,260 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    37

    Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

    Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHO View Post
    Offensive genius coach's team scores no touchdowns. I find that offensive.
    You wonder why we're at the top of the AFC prediction game, these guys are trying to salt our loser staff. I have some news for the deep-thinkers here, Ralph will never let this team shine above himself again. He'll hire the cheapest group of coaching losers that have some kind of story from decades ago & sell it to a captive audience.

    What's been the average age of our coaches / people in charge over the past 6 years ?? Now compare that to the age of the winning Superbowl coaches from the past 6 years. Maybe now the over-the-hill statement holds water, especially for the good ole' boys club.

  22. #36
    Registered User paladin warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,291
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 445 Times in 260 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    81

    Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

    Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    Eff all that ****...2-12 in the division. Gailey sucks. Period.
    Bills will lose more division play vs pats this sunday and then Play thurday night vs Dolphin and in the last day game play vs Jets. Chan Gailey will be 2-15 divsion. This year will be 0-6 Division, Chan G will be Bye bye and terminated

  23. #37
    Registered User kishoph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    buffalo,n.y.
    Posts
    2,619
    Thanks
    1,974
    Thanked 1,364 Times in 762 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    20

    Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

    I came into the season as a supporter of Gailey, these past few weeks have changed that, at best right now he seems to be a glorified offensive coordinator. Taking no control over the defense and letting Wannstedt continue to have the all say while the defense was in shambles is not a head coaching move.

    Then there is this illusion that Chan has that Fitz is capable of running this offense and never holding him accountable for any of his poor play this season, to the point where he'll throw another part of the offense under the bus to protect his beard buddy (ban beards on the team).

    Finally there is the refusal to give CJ Spiller more carriers, arguably Spiller might be the most talented back in the league right now. He is the first RB since the 60's to have an average carry of over 6 yards (7.2) with more than 70 carries. Just to show how big that is, Willis McGahee who is averaging over 4 yds. a carry has only 58 more rushing yds. than Spiller, but with 68 more carries. In a interview on WGR yesterday Gailey said that the reason that they didn't run more against the Texans was because of the defense they were playing (they were keeping 7 and 8 men in the box) and if they ran more they would continue to get runs for 1 yard or minus 1 yard, I don't know what game he was watching, but out of the 13 designed running plays only three went for a yard or less. One was a Wildcat run by B. Smith for no gain, one was a 1 yard gain by Jackson and the third was a no gain by Spiller into a stacked line on third and short, which was stupid because that should of been a Jackson carry. Which also brings up how stupid it is to rotate the backs by series instead of by situation.

    I'm not crazy about firing Gailey, we've had 5 different coaches in 10 years, but something needs to change. Hopefully when we get a new QB things will be better, that's if we don't draft an O-Lineman.


    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fantas...--fantasy.html

  24. Post thanked by:

    gebobs (11-06-2012)

  25. #38
    Registered User DraftBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    83,403
    Thanks
    3,140
    Thanked 12,363 Times in 6,987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    214

    Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

    Chan is the same coach he's always been, he wasn't a good hire when we made it and a number of people pointed out why. Those problems have continued to surface week after week for years now. Favortism among players, poor play calling, inability to get playmakers involved, lack of schematic changes, bad hires, etc., etc.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

  26. Post thanked by:

    BertSquirtgum (11-06-2012),Historian (11-06-2012),Novacane (11-06-2012)

  27. #39
    Registered User DraftBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    83,403
    Thanks
    3,140
    Thanked 12,363 Times in 6,987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    214

    Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    We took a Superbowl contender into the 4th quarter on the road with a decent shot at winning the game.
    When the hell did this become the standard by which we are measuring our own success?

  28. Post thanked by:

    BertSquirtgum (11-06-2012),Bills Juggernaut (11-06-2012),gebobs (11-06-2012),Novacane (11-06-2012)

  29. #40
    It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    59,797
    Thanks
    14,479
    Thanked 15,592 Times in 8,755 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    170

    Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    He may be one step above where he should be. He may be making some game day mistakes, but the simple fact is the guy is working his ass off. We took a Superbowl contender into the 4th quarter on the road with a decent shot at winning the game.

    Chan Gailey isn't a bum... in fact, give him a Tom Brady and people would be calling him an offensive genius.

    Sure... he's not the best on the planet but his greatest weaknesses are out of his control...

    ...namely not having a QB and working in a ****ed up organization.

    Keep coaching Chan... and keep coaching hard!

    You have my respect.
    I'd have more respect if the Bills were a Super Bowl (hell, even just a playoff) contender in year three of this regime.
    There's battle lines being drawn...Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
    We better stop...Hey, what's that sound? Everybody look - what's going down?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •