• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
    You still think that JP Losman was awesome so your opinion is equally as meaningless.
    holy **** you are pathetic

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
      holy **** you are pathetic
      Thank you.

Seriously what is pathetic is your inability to actually assess what you are seeing.

Your views on what you've seen in the past makes your evaluation on what you see now meaningless.

Hence what I said.
      Last edited by Mr. Pink; 11-05-2012, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• Mouldsie
        • Aug 2012

Did someone just make fun of Jason Peters? Dude was probably the best OT in the game last year

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by coastal View Post
          He may be one step above where he should be. He may be making some game day mistakes, but the simple fact is the guy is working his ass off. We took a Superbowl contender into the 4th quarter on the road with a decent shot at winning the game.

Chan Gailey isn't a bum... in fact, give him a Tom Brady and people would be calling him an offensive genius.

Sure... he's not the best on the planet but his greatest weaknesses are out of his control...

...namely not having a QB and working in a ****ed up organization.

Keep coaching Chan... and keep coaching hard!

You have my respect.
          This post was clearly written in November 2010 after the Baltimore game. Because there's no way you can be claiming this now.

He hasn't been stuck with Fitz, he's deliberately chosen Fitz to lead his offense. There's no way that we give Ryan that extension or draft only 1 7th round QB in three years unless Chan is telling Nix that Fitz is the guy.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by THRILLHO View Post
            Offensive genius coach's team scores no touchdowns. I find that offensive.
            You wonder why we're at the top of the AFC prediction game, these guys are trying to salt our loser staff. I have some news for the deep-thinkers here, Ralph will never let this team shine above himself again. He'll hire the cheapest group of coaching losers that have some kind of story from decades ago & sell it to a captive audience.

What's been the average age of our coaches / people in charge over the past 6 years ?? Now compare that to the age of the winning Superbowl coaches from the past 6 years. Maybe now the over-the-hill statement holds water, especially for the good ole' boys club.

Comment

• paladin warrior
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
              Eff all that ****...2-12 in the division. Gailey sucks. Period.
              Bills will lose more division play vs pats this sunday and then Play thurday night vs Dolphin and in the last day game play vs Jets. Chan Gailey will be 2-15 divsion. This year will be 0-6 Division, Chan G will be Bye bye and terminated

Comment

• kishoph
                • Jun 2003

I came into the season as a supporter of Gailey, these past few weeks have changed that, at best right now he seems to be a glorified offensive coordinator. Taking no control over the defense and letting Wannstedt continue to have the all say while the defense was in shambles is not a head coaching move.

Then there is this illusion that Chan has that Fitz is capable of running this offense and never holding him accountable for any of his poor play this season, to the point where he'll throw another part of the offense under the bus to protect his beard buddy (ban beards on the team).

Finally there is the refusal to give CJ Spiller more carriers, arguably Spiller might be the most talented back in the league right now. He is the first RB since the 60's to have an average carry of over 6 yards (7.2) with more than 70 carries. Just to show how big that is, Willis McGahee who is averaging over 4 yds. a carry has only 58 more rushing yds. than Spiller, but with 68 more carries. In a interview on WGR yesterday Gailey said that the reason that they didn't run more against the Texans was because of the defense they were playing (they were keeping 7 and 8 men in the box) and if they ran more they would continue to get runs for 1 yard or minus 1 yard, I don't know what game he was watching, but out of the 13 designed running plays only three went for a yard or less. One was a Wildcat run by B. Smith for no gain, one was a 1 yard gain by Jackson and the third was a no gain by Spiller into a stacked line on third and short, which was stupid because that should of been a Jackson carry. Which also brings up how stupid it is to rotate the backs by series instead of by situation.

I'm not crazy about firing Gailey, we've had 5 different coaches in 10 years, but something needs to change. Hopefully when we get a new QB things will be better, that's if we don't draft an O-Lineman.

With just about nine weeks of NFL action in the books, it's clear just two men in the league can stop Buffalo dynamo C.J. Spiller. Fred Jackson and Chan Gailey, come on down. I don't have any personal stake in Spiller this year, a major regret. I ranked him after Jackson in the summer. I [...]

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Chan is the same coach he's always been, he wasn't a good hire when we made it and a number of people pointed out why. Those problems have continued to surface week after week for years now. Favortism among players, poor play calling, inability to get playmakers involved, lack of schematic changes, bad hires, etc., etc.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

We took a Superbowl contender into the 4th quarter on the road with a decent shot at winning the game.
                    When the hell did this become the standard by which we are measuring our own success?
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

He may be one step above where he should be. He may be making some game day mistakes, but the simple fact is the guy is working his ass off. We took a Superbowl contender into the 4th quarter on the road with a decent shot at winning the game.

Chan Gailey isn't a bum... in fact, give him a Tom Brady and people would be calling him an offensive genius.

Sure... he's not the best on the planet but his greatest weaknesses are out of his control...

...namely not having a QB and working in a ****ed up organization.

Keep coaching Chan... and keep coaching hard!

You have my respect.
                      I'd have more respect if the Bills were a Super Bowl (hell, even just a playoff) contender in year three of this regime.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

chans only mistake in my eyes has been hiring wansteadt
                        His stubborn loyalty to the extremely limited Fitz isn't a plus.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

My point is that our problems are a lot more than Chan and with a real QB, I think it would be fair to say everyone's opinion of him might be quite different

bills fans will be screaming for a blood letting by the end of the year. And Ralph will offer up Chan... probably Buddy too in an attempt to appease the blood thirsty crowd.

None of it will be fair to Chan or the efforts he has put into coaching this team in what amounts to an entirely dysfunctional organization.
                          I agree with you. I think we all are guilty at times of blaming the whole thing on one person, position, etc... But, it's a team sport... maybe even an organization sport. Chan is one part of the entire whole. He is not perfect and has made mistakes. However, I personally feel he has done a better job than many of his predecessors. I knwo some of you totally disagree and frankly I won't argue it much. It's not worth hashing through over and over.

My point is that Chan is only one part and if we had a legit franchise QB our fortunes could be much different. Personally, I'd like to see us wait one more year to decide Chan's final fate. I want to see us add a few more pieces to the defense and a legit future option at QB. I realize our new QB won't likely play next year so I don't consider that as something that will likely make a huge difference next year. But, adding a legit ILB and a solid OLB maybe S could make a big impact on the defense and win us a few more games... Maybe even enough for a playoff run.

...And if Chan can get us to the playoffs with a decent defense, and decent offensive production with an average to sub-par QB (Fitz) he has my vote to stay. In the end I think it's still to early to decide on Chan since the defense still needs a few legit pieces.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                            • Sep 2008

chans only mistake in my eyes has been hiring wansteadt
                            Funny you should post that considering how many fans here couldn't wait to see him take over the defense when George Edwards was running it. Wannstedt isn't the problem. The talent sucks, that falls on the head coach and upper management. JMO

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

Good coordinator...lousey HC.

Comment

• gebobs
                                One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                                Good coordinator...lousey HC.
                                If this offense is what we can expect from coordinator Chan, he's awful at that too. One of the best 1-2 punches at running back, one of the worst quarterbacks, and what does genius boy want to do EVERY ********* GAME? Throw the ball with an empty backfield. It's beyond moronic. I think he's lost his mind.
                                Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍