X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

Chan thought he could win with Fitz. After looking at Fitz's nos. last year , Chan most likely thought that all he had to do was bring down Fitz's TO's , run the ball , having a great D and all will be dandy.

Little did he know that the D would suck and that our offense would have to depend on Fitz throwing the ball again when the team is behind because the D sucks.

Chan is an idiot if he hasn't realized yet that you need to a qb who can hit deep balls when teams stack the short to medium game. Teams already know that you DARE Fitz's to beat them with the deep ball.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

what is the argument in this thread again? everyone is making good points, but i sense a bit of "i'm right, you are wrong" tone. i think everyone is nailing it.

plain and simple:

1. players are underperforming
      2. coaching isn't fixing it or helping correct it.
      3. some positions aren't up to snuff for hte scheme they are runnig. it could be marginally better if they changed to the skill set of the tema.
      4, it also could be worse.

all that leads up to no playoffs and the standard of just IR everyone after week8 and getting no names to fill in the spots, has grown tired. you can't step in dog **** and replace the laces. usually you need new shoes. the bills need new shoes and that means starting with russ and everyone on down needs to go.

Comment

• djjimkelly
        • Apr 2003

My favorite stat ever that I was able to find was how the Bills are the only team that doesn't have a 1st and 2nd round pick devoted to the TE/WR/QB position. That's a joke. We have seen what Gailey can do with marginal talent. It isn't great, but it isn't bad either. Unfortunately, it just isn't good enough. I guess what I'm trying to say is Gailey has proven he can do more with less, but his more isn't good enough at the NFL level. Maybe, if we gave him someone not from Harvard or a bunch of undrafted Rudy-like WRs, the offense would be better. So, when fans are angry that Chan is still here after week 17, the Bills will declare they are looking for a highly touted college QB, which will make all the draft prognosticators in Buffalo have a hard-on and forget Gailey just lost more games than Jauron.

gailey actually gets it he just needs more talent

i think 2013 we get a 1st round qb i count only 4 teams in nfl dont have qb in place like us

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

Last week after the game Chan said the Texans didn't run the defense they expected them to run so the offense didn't know what to do. That is all I needed to hear to put the nail in the coffin. That he's even on the sidelines this week is a travesty.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
            Last week after the game Chan said the Texans didn't run the defense they expected them to run so the offense didn't know what to do. That is all I needed to hear to put the nail in the coffin. That he's even on the sidelines this week is a travesty.
            Can you imagine how rude they were to change their defense and try to confuse the QB? Thank god we are too civilized to try that.

Savages.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Chan should be a golf coach or something...

Comment

• jimmifli
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                He sure didn't. Anyone with more than half a brain knew Edwards was a chump.
                Nix tells him to make do with what he's got. Those are his guys.
                Chan knows he's ****, but if he puts Trent on the bench he'll be on the team for a few seasons.
                So he starts him to prove a point. Benches him after EVERYBODY knows he's **** and tells Nix the bum will never see the field again.

There's no way a GM is cutting his starting QB 2 weeks into the season if the coach had wanted him on the team in the preseason.

Comment

• gebobs
                  One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                  Nix tells him to make do with what he's got. Those are his guys.
                  Chan knows he's ****, but if he puts Trent on the bench he'll be on the team for a few seasons.
                  So he starts him to prove a point. Benches him after EVERYBODY knows he's **** and tells Nix the bum will never see the field again.
                  I see. Everything is evidence that Chan's a genius. Even when he lays an egg. Gotcha.

You people don't understand. Gailey is a moron. He was an utter failure at GaTech. He is an utter failure with the Bills. He sucks.

Just keep reminding yourself. 2-12. 2-12. 2-12.

Son to be 2-16. 2-16. 2-16.

There's no way a GM is cutting his starting QB 2 weeks into the season if the coach had wanted him on the team in the preseason.
                  He was only the starter because Chan made him the starter. He was benched for the last 7 games of 2009. As of the end of the season, Fitz was the starter.
                  Last edited by gebobs; 11-07-2012, 11:10 PM.
                  Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
                    All kinds of success? Who has had all kinds of success elsewhere that didn't have success here?

Don't even mention Donte Whitner, he's the same guy in SF as he was here...he's just hidden better among more talented players.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it's immaterial to point out that he's been a downgrade since the last regime, which he most certainly has, because it doesn't fit your argument.
                    Marc Ross, Kevin Gilbride and Perry Fewell are all doing pretty good job with the Giants.

Comment

• coastal
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Hey Gil... How'd Buddy's rebuilt D do today?

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍