• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdaltroy5
    • Aug 2012

Re: I have a lot of respect for Chan.

Originally posted by coastal View Post
    My biggest criticism of Chan is attempting to run this offense with Fitz at the helm.

Although no matter what we run, without someone to challenge the outside, it's basically a non-starter anyways.
    You admit that he neglected the most important position in the game, yet still think he's a good coach?

That doesn't really make sense.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

You know what the most disturbing part about this is?

We had pretty much the exact same conversation 8 or 9 years ago regarding Gregg Williams and Kevin Gilbride. Williams had the D and S/T playing great but the O was in shambles and he didn't do anything about it.

Ralph and Brandon have learned nothing. That's why the past keeps repeating itself.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

ive worked as a manager in an organization where the owners were totally dysfunctional.
        McDonalds or Burger King?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

We had pretty much the exact same conversation 8 or 9 years ago regarding Gregg Williams and Kevin Gilbride. Williams had the D and S/T playing great but the O was in shambles and he didn't do anything about it.

Ralph and Brandon have learned nothing. That's why the past keeps repeating itself.
          Groundhogs Day.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
            • Jul 2002

My point is that our problems are a lot more than Chan and with a real QB, I think it would be fair to say everyone's opinion of him might be quite different

bills fans will be screaming for a blood letting by the end of the year. And Ralph will offer up Chan... probably Buddy too in an attempt to appease the blood thirsty crowd.

None of it will be fair to Chan or the efforts he has put into coaching this team in what amounts to an entirely dysfunctional organization.
            Guess what: If you named 90% of us Bills head coach, we'd be working our asses off too, trying to get our beloved team to succeed. However, we would be even less qualified than our unqualified head coach. Respect him for cashing millions of dollars and winning less than 1/3 of his games? No thanks. I can respect Chan Gailey the man, he seems to be a good guy who bit off a little more than he could chew, but I'm not going to respect Chan Gailey the head coach.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

Gilbride has 2 Super Bowl rings and nobody calls him kill drive in NY.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

He may be one step above where he should be. He may be making some game day mistakes, but the simple fact is the guy is working his ass off. We took a Superbowl contender into the 4th quarter on the road with a decent shot at winning the game.

Chan Gailey isn't a bum... in fact, give him a Tom Brady and people would be calling him an offensive genius.

Sure... he's not the best on the planet but his greatest weaknesses are out of his control...

...namely not having a QB and working in a ****ed up organization.

Keep coaching Chan... and keep coaching hard!

You have my respect.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Chan doesn't have an offense that can impose its will. Chan himself said it, the texans stacked the line with big guys and he couldn't run. So what should you do? Make the qb burn the D for doing so.

Problem is, his anointed QB can't make them pay when they stacked the line.

I think Chan knows offense. Problem is, if he insist on sticking with a qb that can't make certain throws that he needs to make, he's no different form Dick Jauron insisting on drafting Maybin and sticking with Trent Edwards.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                  • Aug 2012

g1352214571859150316.jpg

Comment

• coastal
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                    McDonalds or Burger King?
                    Another one of my personal trolls... and no, I work in healthcare.

Comment

• jimmifli
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                      I said it before and I'll say it again, Chan doesn't have an offense that can impose its will. Chan himself said it, the texans stacked the line with big guys and he couldn't run. So what should you do? Make the qb burn the D for doing so.

Problem is, his anointed QB can't make them pay when they stacked the line.

I think Chan knows offense. Problem is, if he insist on sticking with a qb that can't make certain throws that he needs to make, he's no different form Dick Jauron insisting on drafting Maybin and sticking with Trent Edwards.
                      He gets the QBs that are on the roster. I don't have much faith that Jackson or that other roster spot would be any better.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                        He gets the QBs that are on the roster. I don't have much faith that Jackson or that other roster spot would be any better.
                        So find a qb who can and stop insisting on a qb who can't.

Why did we keep both qb's then? Why are both qb's taking roster spots if they can't even score fg's for us?
                        Last edited by justasportsfan; 11-06-2012, 11:00 AM.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                          • Sep 2012

He doesn't "get" them handed to him - he's the HC for crying out loud. He's had 3 offseasons to go to his GM and say "I can't win with this bum, let's draft [Locker/Dalton/Mallet/etc] or sign someone."

He made the call to annoint Fitz. There is no way on earth tha extension gets done without his ok, and there is no way the lack of real competition for Fitz happens without his ok.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                            • Aug 2012

Yes, he does Jimmi, but he's had 3 offseasons to replace Fitz and he hasn't even seriously tried to upgrade him.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                              Making Spirits Bright
                              • Mar 2006

Another one of my personal trolls... and no, I work in healthcare.
                              That explains a lot.

Comment

• Historian
                                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                                • Dec 2002

Gailey initially was very candid when he addressed the media. I respected that, especially after hearing Jauron answer every question with..."Uhhh, I love this game, and I love these guys."

But since the team has continued to falter, he's starting to work on his cliches.

The problems of this team run very deep:

Marketing guys with too much input.
                                Accountants with too much input.
                                Poor scouting department.
                                Owner with one foot on the bananna peel.

Gailey is no rocket scientist to be sure, but the whole mess is not his fault.

At this point, I honestly doubt that Cowher or Shannahan could have done much better.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍