Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Case for Obama: Why He Is a Great President. Yes, Great.

Pucker up, Buttercup
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,524 Times in 1,025 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Re: The Case for Obama: Why He Is a Great President. Yes, Great.

I love you guys!!! (gebobs and notacon) :)

2. Post thanked by:

gebobs (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,860 Times in 1,588 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    National debt rose 90% under Bush. Curiously, Republicans were fine with that. It has risen 41% under Obama, three quarters of it in Obama's first 2 years and the lion's share was used to dig us out of the crater left after Bush.

$3.20. Is this an Obama failure too? Let me guess. You've forgotten that the average price of gas tipped over $4 under Bush. And then it came crashing down with the rest of the economy. Let me also guess that you fail to understand that current gas prices are a good sign that the economy is recovering.

Let me also guess that you have an inflated impression of how much affect a president can have on gas prices. So let's compare mid-terms. In 2005, the average price of a gallon of gas was $3.10. Apply the consumer price increase factor and that's $3.74 in today's dollars. Current average price is $3.49.

What else ya got?
    The answer is NOTHING. Right wing trolls like this are a dime a dozen. I have BEGGED for a reasonably substantive conservative poster ANYWHERE to give a reasonable argument to back up their stupid rhetoric.

none to be found anywhere!!

PLEASE, will SOMEONE explain to me WHY a high federal debt is bad for the economy in today's situation.

WHY?!?!?

I'l give you a hint. It's NOT bad. Period!!! I have yet had anyone who can explain why it is bad. Why? Because there is NO reasoned explanation. NONE!!!

4. Post thanked by:

denverboz (11-06-2012)

Pucker up, Buttercup
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,524 Times in 1,025 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,384 Times in 2,138 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    Of course our nat'l debt is a bitch. It sucks. Obama didn't cut it down like he promised he would. It got worse. If he couldn't cut it, then he shouldn't have said it. What other promises will he break in the next 4 years?
    He didn't promise to reduce the national debt. Unless you have a cite.

Regardless, sit back and watch which promises he makes and which one's he doesn't. I'll take solace that I don't have to do the same for Mittens.
    Gailey's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    How is the country not "better" since Obama took over???
    Cuz there's a schwartze in the White House.

8. Post thanked by:

denverboz (11-06-2012)

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,526 Times in 878 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

ok, so after Obama wins tonight, will you say that from here on out, whatever happens to our country is on Obama? No more Bush blaming
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

HAHAHAHAAHAHAH! HAHAHAHAHA!

Oh wait, you're serious?
    "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

rodger dorn of predictions Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,239 Times in 888 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

The answer is NOTHING. Right wing trolls like this are a dime a dozen. I have BEGGED for a reasonably substantive conservative poster ANYWHERE to give a reasonable argument to back up their stupid rhetoric.

none to be found anywhere!!

PLEASE, will SOMEONE explain to me WHY a high federal debt is bad for the economy in today's situation.

WHY?!?!?

I'l give you a hint. It's NOT bad. Period!!! I have yet had anyone who can explain why it is bad. Why? Because there is NO reasoned explanation. NONE!!!
    Why is it bad that every person in the U.S. owes about 200K? Well apparently is "good" because we haven't had to pay it yet. Here is why it is bad:

1) Prospect of future inflation. (Fed throws money at banks. They invest in stocks and commodities. Prices of everything from energy to food skyrockets)
    2) You can't keep adding to the debt indefinitely. We are adding at an INCREASING rate. Our government and economy have grown to "depend" on this. Yet, it is mathematically UNSUSTAINABLE. When it hits the wall, the collapse will be sudden and unstoppable.
    3) Mortgaging our children's future to pay for our current excesses.
    4) U.S. following the path of unsustainable debt a la the European nations (currently VERY close to implosion)
    5) Relying on foreign nations to fund our debts gives them a certain leverage over our policies. Suddenly economic acts become "acts of war."

Etc.

I get the impression that you think debt is this unlimited piggybank. It isn't. And it's going to cause VERY bad things in the near future. There's a reason they call it a "fiscal cliff." You roll along with your PLAN just fine. Until you arent.

Patti

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    ok, so after Obama wins tonight, will you say that from here on out, whatever happens to our country is on Obama? No more Bush blaming
    When your wife bitch slaps you and puts you in the hospital, is it suddenly your fault when you're released and in a wheelchair?

Bush, along with Congress, nearly cratered this country. democrats in Congress are culpable too but the lion's share of the blame rightly belongs to Bush and the Republicans.

If we pat you on the head and say all is forgiven, will the Congressional Republican caucus stop stonewalling everything?

13. Post thanked by:

denverboz (11-06-2012),notacon (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post
    You can't keep adding to the debt indefinitely. We are adding at an INCREASING rate.
    Wrong. The deficit is declining (i.e. the rate the debt is going up is not increasing). The deficit has been below Bush's last deficit every year and has declined each year under Obama except one.

U.S. following the path of unsustainable debt a la the European nations (currently VERY close to implosion)
    Romney wants to follow the austerity path of Germany and Britain. Have you seen how they are doing?
    Last edited by gebobs; 11-06-2012 at 02:26 PM.

15. Post thanked by:

denverboz (11-06-2012),notacon (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post
    Why is it bad that every person in the U.S. owes about 200K?
    That is false. Did you get your information from Drudge story this morning...which was a "report" from that insidiously dishonest and partisan source, CNS "News"??? What they tried to do is spread all the federal debt divided ONLY by those "under 18". Which, of course, is wildly misleading.

But, Drudge's headline worked. They prey on the less intellectually curious and hope that their headline sinks in. You were taken hook , line and sinker.

The actual figure of debt spread across "every person in the U.S." is closer to $53,000. So what?

If you can't present facts, what's the use?

1) Prospect of future inflation. (Fed throws money at banks. They invest in stocks and commodities. Prices of everything from energy to food skyrockets)
    We have heard of this impending doom of "hyper inflation" for years.

In todays economy, worrying about inflation is nonsensical. If high federal debt was an inflation cause in today's economy, it would have happened already. It hasn't. Inflation is at historic lows....hovering around 1% to 2%.

If low federal debt is a cause for low inflation, what the hell happened in the 70's, when federal debt was very, very small but, inflation was 10 TIMES worse than it is now?

The truth is that federal debt is only one of many, many causes for inflation. When unemployment is high, and GDP growth is low, increasing federal debt is the ONLY way you bring the country out of the recession.

Swing and a miss...strike one.

2) You can't keep adding to the debt indefinitely. We are adding at an INCREASING rate. Our government and economy have grown to "depend" on this. Yet, it is mathematically UNSUSTAINABLE. When it hits the wall, the collapse will be sudden and unstoppable.
    I never said that adding to debt "indefinitely" is sustainable. This is irrelevant to my question. The "wall" is far away when a country is trying to recover from a deep recession and a banking crisis. The time to reduce debt is when growth is high and unemployment is low. We are at the opposite of that now. Reducing debt now is bad for the economy. Not good.

Swing and a miss..strike two.

3) Mortgaging our children's future to pay for our current excesses.
    Irrelevant to the question of how high debt is bad for the economy. In FACT, it is because of Republican policies since 1980 that have cause this high debt. Especially since 2001 and Bush's and the Republican Congress decided to lower taxes when we were on the track to PAY DOWN ALL OF THE DEBT...The GOP decided to INCREASE SPENDING by tremendous amounts....especially on defense. It was the GOP decision to wage unnecessary war, and ADD IT TO THE FEDERAL CREDIT CARD. It was the GOP that decided to add new drug coverage for seniors and ADD IT TO THE FEDERAL CREDIT CARD.

You should have asked that quetion when the GOP was in 100% power. Did you?? I doubt it.

Don't give me this moral bull**** when it is the party YOU support that is guilty of doing what you criticize. That is called HYPOCRICY of the worst form.

Swing and a miss...strike three.

4) U.S. following the path of unsustainable debt a la the European nations (currently VERY close to implosion)
    100% unmitigated nonsense. You don't know very much about what is going on in Europe, do you. Europe's problems are NOT from their debt level. No matter how you want to frame it, you are still not getting close to addressing the issue. How is high debt HURTING AMERICA'S ECONOMY!!

Europe is NOT America. America is NOT Europe. In FACT, the US economy is much stronger than any European country....especially those that have tried the austerity route of trying to reduce debt during a recovery from a deep recession and banking crisis. Every single country that has tried austerity is doing worse.

Swing and another miss...strike four.

5) Relying on foreign nations to fund our debts gives them a certain leverage over our policies. Suddenly economic acts become "acts of war."
    Oh my God. Do you have ANY idea of how stupid you sound??? First, the greater majority of our debt is AMERICAN debt. China, whom Romney likes to lie about holding so much of our debt only has 8% of the total federal debt.

In any event, this does NOT respond, in any way, why federal debt is bad for the economy.

Swing and ANOTHER miss...strike FIVE.

I get the impression that you think debt is this unlimited piggybank. It isn't. And it's going to cause VERY bad things in the near future. There's a reason they call it a "fiscal cliff." You roll along with your PLAN just fine. Until you arent.
    Your impression is based on silliness, and profound ignorance.

As long s this country has the ability to pay the interest on the debt, and we do...easily...and as long as the demand for federal debt is HIGH, which it is...s evidenced by historically LOW rates on Treasury bonds...the debt is NOT a drag on the economy.

Period!!!!

The BIGGEST threat to the economy concerning the debt are those ignoramuses that think now is the time to reduce it. It's not.

Additionally, the ONLY reason we have a "fiscal cliff" on the horizon is the HOSTAGE taking the Republicans in Congress foisted on the American people with their dangerous game of chicken concerning the debt limit.

THAT is 100 times more threatening to the economy that the federal debt level.

That's ANOTHER swing and a miss...strike SIX!!!

You are out!!!

Thanks for trying. I asked for a reasoned substantive argument, and all I get is tired false talking points.

17. Post thanked by:

denverboz (11-06-2012),gebobs (11-06-2012),mysticsoto (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

The actual figure of debt spread across "every person in the U.S." is closer to $53,000. So what?
    14 trillion/311 million...I get $45k. The kicker is...guess who holds most of that debt. That's right. We do (as you point out later).

We can start worrying when investors don't want to invest in the US. Buying our debt means they look favorably on our future.

We have heard of this impending doom of "hyper inflation" for years.
    Speaking of which, where is Pete?

19. Post thanked by:

denverboz (11-06-2012),jimmifli (11-16-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by denverboz View Post
    I love you guys!!! (gebobs and notacon) :)
    Love ya back!

21. Post thanked by:

denverboz (11-06-2012)

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,256 Times in 2,379 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

well, this thread tickled my fancy. and it didnt disappoint. well done, gebobers.

23. Post thanked by:

denverboz (11-06-2012)

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,526 Times in 878 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    Wrong. The deficit is declining (i.e. the rate the debt is going up is not increasing). The deficit has been below Bush's last deficit every year and has declined each year under Obama except one.
    keep drinking that kool-aid

http://www.usdebtclock.org

Registered Sex Offender Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

I can't wait for Jimmy Carter's third term to start if this guy wins tonight...

Cannot wait!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    keep drinking that kool-aid

http://www.usdebtclock.org
    Wow. Are you really that fact challenged?

Do you even know the difference between the "federal deficit" and the "federal debt"???

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Well, let's see. We have greater income inequality with a lower Median Income than 4 years ago. An ongoing foreclosure crisis, and home equity in the toilet. The labor share of the GDP at its lowest point in history. A re-empowered financial oligarchy, with banks growing larger than ever, and no criminal prosecutions against those who rigged the system and collapsed the economy, no significant regulatory crackdown on robosigning and renegade foreclosures. A Health Care System that still puts corporate profit before people's lives. No strong action on Global Warming. A slew of broken campaign promises - no effort to renegotiate NAFTA, no raise of the National Minimum Wage, no ban on the replacement of striking workers, Guantanamo still open, retroactive immunity for telecoms and legitimization of warrantless wiretaps, an extension - not rollback - of Bush-era Civil Liberty incursions. An unprecedented war on whistleblowers, the morally atrocious drone bombing of Pakistan and Yemen, and Executive Assassination Lists. But hey, he saved Detroit.

Great President my ass. There's a reason he's in a dogfight with a humorless muppet like Romney.

28. Post thanked by:

Lucidvizion (11-16-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

noto, Obama himself probably doesn't consider his first 4 years as "great" and i don't think any of his serious supporters go around throwing that term out. they say he "did the best he could under the circumstances."

dude when you say he's been GREAT and when you say 16 trillion in debt is meaningless...you're so out there that it's really not even worth getting into it with you. You're not an Obama supporter, you're an Obama fan...and this aint a game.
    Somebody over at another sports forum is insane. He's a fat-ass who has nothing better to do than run a site like he's some type of powerful person when everyone knows that he's a worthless person. Banning people with no explanation when they simply ask a pertinant question in a chatroom? He removes 1000's of threads that have real meaning to people without so much as an explanation. He barely has a pot to piss in, so his only shot of exerting power in his whole life is to act like an internet Hitler. The funny thing is EVERYONE talks so much s*** about the guy behind his back in Pm's etc. because everyone hates him.

PM ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS IN other sports sites - tell them BillsZone is where it's at. BillsZone has a chance to be everything that the other site should have been, but couldn't be because that other guy is so insane.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,525 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate