Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 215

Thread: Election Thread

  1. #141
    Registered User DraftBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    70,638
    Thanks
    1,099
    Thanked 4,514 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    183
    ZoneBux
    271,322.36
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    271,322.36
    Donate

    Re: Election Thread

    Did anybody else see Palin on Fox News? She looks bad health wise. Face sunken in, neck is extremely thin. She looks either very sick or like a smack addict.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

  2. #142
    Registered User BillsFever21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a state located in the USA
    Posts
    9,078
    Thanks
    2,285
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 826 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    30
    ZoneBux
    3,339.95
    Bank
    572,236.19
    Total ZoneBux
    575,576.14
    Donate

    Re: Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    The idea of Romney as president is the only reason I voted for Obama.
    If the real Mitt Romney was the guy from the 1st debate on I wouldn't mind him in there. I liked a lot of his moderate stances. The problem is you don't know which one you're going to get because he says something different everyday, he doesn't know anything about foreign policy and he would probably bow down to the hard right. If he didn't plan on it he wouldn't have picked Paul Ryan as his VP. He would've picked somebody more moderate.

  3. Post thanked by:

    MST3KBillsfan (11-06-2012)

  4. #143
    Dances With Buffaloes Ingtar33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    10,025
    Thanks
    201
    Thanked 545 Times in 245 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    39
    ZoneBux
    58,017.45
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    58,017.45
    Donate

    Re: Election Thread

    the path for the republican party to return to national viability is to focus on fiscal sanity (that does not mean tax cuts), international maturity, and an end to the cold war defense machine, a refocus on national infrastructure, including a re-examining of poverty and the social services branches of governement, and an end to the military industrial complex.

    In short a semi divorce from cultural conservative social issues will be needed, and a change of focus from the culture wars of the 60s. They will need to accept the social security net is here to stay, and that it's sick, twisted and corrupt. It helps few and costs billions. Its just waiting for someone with vision to tackle... and even making a move on it will guarantee democratic party revulsion.

    This is a platform that would win easily nationally, and would flip the board on the democratic party, and break up their current factional base... and end this "party of whites vs party of everyone-else" nonsense.


    Too many people feel disenfranchised by both parties and just vote for who scares them less. Right now, it's republicans who scare voters more, and it will remain so as long as it's the rush limbaughs driving their agenda.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 11-06-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    Predicted Bills Record 2-5
    Actual Bills Record 4-3
    Prognostication Record 5-2


    gotta win 5 more in a row to have a legit shot at the playoffs

  5. Post thanked by:

    BillsFever21 (11-06-2012),ckg927 (11-07-2012),cookie G (11-06-2012),DraftBoy (11-06-2012),MST3KBillsfan (11-06-2012)

  6. #144
    BoB Sabermetrician BLeonard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Posts
    4,389
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    21
    ZoneBux
    254.63
    Bank
    1,484,431.01
    Total ZoneBux
    1,484,685.64
    Donate

    Re: Election Thread

    Wonder if Romney will have to go on an apology tour to all of his donors...

    -Bill

  7. #145
    Registered User DraftBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    70,638
    Thanks
    1,099
    Thanked 4,514 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    183
    ZoneBux
    271,322.36
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    271,322.36
    Donate

    Re: Election Thread

    Huge victories could be coming in Gay Marriage;
    Maryland and Maine supporting legalization

    Minnesota opposing changing the constitution to deny it

    Washington results to come

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    the path for the republican party to return to national viability is to focus on fiscal sanity (that does not mean tax cuts), international maturity, and an end to the cold war defense machine, a refocus on national infrastructure, including a re-examining of poverty and the social services branches of governement, and an end to the military industrial complex.

    In short a semi divorce from cultural conservative social issues will be needed, and a change of focus from the culture wars of the 60s. They will need to accept the social security net is here to stay, and that it's sick, twisted and corrupt. It helps few and costs billions. Its just waiting for someone with vision to tackle... and even making a move on it will guarantee democratic party revulsion.

    This is a platform that would win easily nationally, and would flip the board on the democratic party, and break up their current factional base... and end this "party of whites vs party of everyone-else" nonsense.


    Too many people feel disenfranchised by both parties and just vote for who scares them less. Right now, it's republicans who scare voters more, and it will remain so as long as it's the rush limbaughs driving their agenda.

  8. #146
    Registered User MST3KBillsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,631
    Thanks
    7,395
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,403 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23
    ZoneBux
    102,231.63
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    102,231.63
    Donate

    Re: Election Thread

    Wait what? No Womney Womp?

    I hope those people at the Range don't do anything to harm themselves.

  9. #147
    Registered User DraftBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    70,638
    Thanks
    1,099
    Thanked 4,514 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    183
    ZoneBux
    271,322.36
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    271,322.36
    Donate

    Re: Election Thread

    At this point I hope Nate Silver takes a picture of his bare ass tomorrow and posts it on his blog and asks all his detractors how his ass tastes.

  10. Post thanked by:

    ckg927 (11-07-2012),IlluminatusUIUC (11-06-2012)

  11. #148
    BoB Sabermetrician BLeonard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Posts
    4,389
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    21
    ZoneBux
    254.63
    Bank
    1,484,431.01
    Total ZoneBux
    1,484,685.64
    Donate

    Re: Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Wait what? No Womney Womp?

    I hope those people at the Range don't do anything to harm themselves.
    I've been chatting in the shoutbox over there throughout the night... Nobody else has typed in there for nearly half an hour...

    -Bill

  12. Post thanked by:

    MST3KBillsfan (11-06-2012)

  13. #149
    Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The American Riviera, CA
    Posts
    5,409
    Thanks
    2,208
    Thanked 3,524 Times in 1,967 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    14
    ZoneBux
    167,592.20
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    167,592.20
    Donate

    Re: Election Thread

    Fox News is basically calling the election. I switch over and they are moaning about 2 people "illegally" voting "illegally" in Ohio. Did I mean that they voted illegally? Because they did. At least 6 times. Over two votes.
    "I love both Dan and Wendy. I love those guys. They work so hard. The center-quarterback relationship is a pretty special one. I've got my hands on their butts probably more than their wives, so it's a pretty unique trust and relationship you have."
    -
    Tom Brady

    Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

  14. Post thanked by:

    MST3KBillsfan (11-06-2012)

  15. #150
    BoB Sabermetrician BLeonard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Posts
    4,389
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    21
    ZoneBux
    254.63
    Bank
    1,484,431.01
    Total ZoneBux
    1,484,685.64
    Donate

    Re: Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    Fox News is basically calling the election. I switch over and they are moaning about 2 people "illegally" voting "illegally" in Ohio. Did I mean that they voted illegally? Because they did. At least 6 times. Over two votes.
    I might DVR Fox News tomorrow if this thing ends tonight... Be worth it for the laughs.

    -Bill

  16. #151
    Registered User BillsFever21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a state located in the USA
    Posts
    9,078
    Thanks
    2,285
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 826 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    30
    ZoneBux
    3,339.95
    Bank
    572,236.19
    Total ZoneBux
    575,576.14
    Donate

    Re: Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    Fox News is basically calling the election. I switch over and they are moaning about 2 people "illegally" voting "illegally" in Ohio. Did I mean that they voted illegally? Because they did. At least 6 times. Over two votes.
    I wish I was home to watch them guys as they call the election and listen to all of their conspiracy theories.

  17. #152
    BoB Sabermetrician BLeonard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Posts
    4,389
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    21
    ZoneBux
    254.63
    Bank
    1,484,431.01
    Total ZoneBux
    1,484,685.64
    Donate

    Re: Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BillsFever21 View Post
    I wish I was home to watch them guys as they call the election and listen to all of their conspiracy theories.
    Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to hear it for the next 4 years on there.

    -Bill

  18. Post thanked by:

    BillsFever21 (11-06-2012)

  19. #153
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    1,641
    Thanks
    318
    Thanked 880 Times in 461 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    16
    ZoneBux
    40,081.91
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    40,081.91
    Donate

    Re: Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BLeonard View Post
    I might DVR Fox News tomorrow if this thing ends tonight... Be worth it for the laughs.

    -Bill
    I hit the DVR from 6PM to 2AM. Sometime later this week I'm going to watch this & enjoy watching them chow down on multiple servings of crow. I'm glad I was sadistic enough to record this.

  20. #154
    Registered User BillsFever21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a state located in the USA
    Posts
    9,078
    Thanks
    2,285
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 826 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    30
    ZoneBux
    3,339.95
    Bank
    572,236.19
    Total ZoneBux
    575,576.14
    Donate

    Re: Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    I hit the DVR from 6PM to 2AM. Sometime later this week I'm going to watch this & enjoy watching them chow down on multiple servings of crow. I'm glad I was sadistic enough to record this.
    Damn I wish I would've thought of this. Would've been 8 hours worth of entertainment over this weekend.

  21. #155
    Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The American Riviera, CA
    Posts
    5,409
    Thanks
    2,208
    Thanked 3,524 Times in 1,967 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    14
    ZoneBux
    167,592.20
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    167,592.20
    Donate

    Re: Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    I hit the DVR from 6PM to 2AM. Sometime later this week I'm going to watch this & enjoy watching them chow down on multiple servings of crow. I'm glad I was sadistic enough to record this.
    If Obama goes on to win this thing, it's gonna look like Hitler's freakout scene from Downfall.

  22. #156
    Registered User BillsFever21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a state located in the USA
    Posts
    9,078
    Thanks
    2,285
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 826 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    30
    ZoneBux
    3,339.95
    Bank
    572,236.19
    Total ZoneBux
    575,576.14
    Donate

    Re: Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BLeonard View Post
    Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to hear it for the next 4 years on there.

    -Bill
    Unfortunately you're right.

  23. #157
    Registered User MST3KBillsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,631
    Thanks
    7,395
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,403 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23
    ZoneBux
    102,231.63
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    102,231.63
    Donate

    Re: Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BLeonard View Post
    I've been chatting in the shoutbox over there throughout the night... Nobody else has typed in there for nearly half an hour...

    -Bill
    Life is good

  24. #158
    Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    specifically located in the Milky Way
    Posts
    22,114
    Thanks
    1,354
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 758 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    72
    ZoneBux
    76,122.67
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    76,122.67
    Donate

    Re: Election Thread

    4 more years of socialist programs! can't wait!!
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.


  25. #159
    BoB Sabermetrician BLeonard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Posts
    4,389
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    21
    ZoneBux
    254.63
    Bank
    1,484,431.01
    Total ZoneBux
    1,484,685.64
    Donate

    Re: Election Thread

    As we speak, MSNBC is calling Minnesota for Obama.

    Not a surprise, but at this stage Obama probably only needs one swing state and to hold serve on his expected states.

    -Bill

  26. #160
    Registered User BillsFever21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a state located in the USA
    Posts
    9,078
    Thanks
    2,285
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 826 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    30
    ZoneBux
    3,339.95
    Bank
    572,236.19
    Total ZoneBux
    575,576.14
    Donate

    Re: Election Thread

    NBC projects Minnesota to Obama.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •