• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Re: Hotest Coaching Canidate

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    You didn't answer my question. Sean Payton didn't choose the interim coaches. That's the basis of your entire argument, but feel free to call me out, as it's easier than proving your point.
    Your assuming he didn't I am asking why are you making that assumption? Its not just once, but over and over again. Even with the Redskins thing you accused the thread of being spam than in shock that there was supporting evidence...

Anyways, it was very well documented during the offseason that Payton chose the interm coach. At one point he even contacted his good friend Bill Parcels only to latter withdraw his request. In any case, there were multiple articles written about this online. Lastly, this is not even my observation, there were a few articles written over the summer which went into grave detail.
    Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
      They are not legit observations, they are nothing more than misguided, misspelled conspiracy theories.
      I don't even know how to respond to that. You are not offering anything intelligible, but merely a straw-man argument.

When it comes to legit observations, you have not had a genuine legit observation in over a decade. You are the definition of a blind homer looking to support a failed system in faith. If faith, hope, and blind homerism were enough every team would win the SB...
      Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
        You didn't answer my question. Sean Payton didn't choose the interim coaches. That's the basis of your entire argument, but feel free to call me out, as it's easier than proving your point.
        So here are a few Articles:

"Sean Payton is smarter than I thought, and I thought he was plenty smart. Before his suspension he helped the Saints pick his coaching replacement for the 2012 season, and he screwed up the process so much that the Saints went into the dumper. This isn't hindsight, either. I saw it happening in April, and wrote about it then.But Payton is smarter even than that. He has manipulated events so thoroughly that a return to the Saints as the conquering hero, which looked to be his end game back in April, has become an afterthought. It could still happen, sure -- but that has become the least of his options.
        Unless Roger Goodell pulls another Roger Goodell and smites Sean Payton for the hell of it, Payton is about to become the most coveted, most expensive free agent coach in NFL history."

"All I know is Sean Payton handpicked some of the most obviously non-threatening guys he could. And I know why: Because Sean Payton is all about Sean Payton. Even as he has overseen three years of outrageous behavior that gutted the Saints -- cost them their head coach for 16 games, another coach for six games, their general manager for eight games, plus draft picks and fines -- Sean Payton made the call to replace Sean Payton with men who would do the job fairly well.But not too well."

You have to Give it to HIM!!!! In a suspension year, Sean Payton has managed to SUBSTANTIALLY INCREASE his value!!!

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell did the right thing. He needed to send a message throughout the league that he was serious about protecting the safety of his players, and the harsh ...
        Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
          • Jan 2009

"Sean Payton is smarter than I thought, and I thought he was plenty smart. Before his suspension he helped the Saints pick his coaching replacement for the 2012 season, and he screwed up the process so much that the Saints went into the dumper. This isn't hindsight, either. I saw it happening in April, and wrote about it then.

But Payton is smarter even than that. He has manipulated events so thoroughly that a return to the Saints as the conquering hero, which looked to be his end game back in April, has become an afterthought. It could still happen, sure -- but that has become the least of his options.

Unless Roger Goodell pulls another Roger Goodell and smites Sean Payton for the hell of it, Payton is about to become the most coveted, most expensive free agent coach in NFL history."

"All I know is Sean Payton handpicked some of the most obviously non-threatening guys he could. And I know why: Because Sean Payton is all about Sean Payton. Even as he has overseen three years of outrageous behavior that gutted the Saints -- cost them their head coach for 16 games, another coach for six games, their general manager for eight games, plus draft picks and fines -- Sean Payton made the call to replace Sean Payton with men who would do the job fairly well.
          But not too well."

You have to Give it to HIM!!!! In a suspension year, Sean Payton has managed to SUBSTANTIALLY INCREASE his value!!!

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/18584844/what-payton-wants-is-obvious-but-why-would-saints-want-it-too

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...not-be-allowed
          Please Make Sense

Comment

• lmcshadow
            • Nov 2007

My Gosh just pay Payton the money!!!
            The enemy deserves no mercy....mercy is for the weak.

Comment

Working...
            X