I like David Shaw HC of Stanford, he was the o-coord under Harbaugh (he has been with Harbaugh since Harbaugh took the University of San Diego job) and then after Harbaugh left he became the HC. Harbaugh has had a lot of success obviously in the NFL so far. Shaw has been an assistant on a few NFL teams, Eagles, Raiders, Ravens so he actually knows something about the NFL and isn't just a college coach with no NFL experience. (By the way he coached for the Raiders during the only years they were good, 1998-2001)

The guy is ranked 51st on college coaches salaries making 1.75 mil. It means we could actually afford him and give him enough that he would actually think about coming to Buffalo, also Stanford is a education first school and won't try and match a big deal unlike Oregon who is a football school and has Nike in their pocket to get whatever they want.

I like Shaw a lot, I also like the Harbaugh model which he used to turn Stanford around and 49ers, basically build a big strong tough team that will run the ball and have a solid defense, basically out physical you. This is the same model Brian Kelly copied to build Notre Dame into what they are this year, Kelly actually literally told the President of ND when he came in that in 3 years we will be more like Stanford and what do you know 3 years later ND is 9-0 with one of the most physical defenses and a very physical offensive line.

Since there are kelly threads, figured Shaw should have his own since he is a guy we might actually be able to get vs Kelly which is just a dream.