Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now that Obama wins a 2nd term do you the Republicans will work with him

Registered User BuffaloWingEater's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Re: Now that Obama wins a 2nd term do you the Republicans will work with him

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    The Republicans aren't going to like working with Obama, but it might be the wise choice. They need to moderate their positions to appeal to voters in 2016.
    absolutely. many, like myself voted for the lesser of two evils in obama. why, because i cannot stomach the tea party and the hard lining, obstructionist, republicans.

2. Post thanked by:

gebobs (11-07-2012)

Registered User YankeeInRaleigh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

I almost HOPE the cons continue this stonewalling bull***** of theirs, watch them all get swept right the hell out in 2014 when the voting populace is sick of their crap.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,847 Times in 1,825 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeInRaleigh View Post
    I almost HOPE the cons continue this stonewalling bull***** of theirs, watch them all get swept right the hell out in 2014 when the voting populace is sick of their crap.
    I'd like to start with Paul Broun. It's a travesty that this moron ran unopposed.
    Gailey's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,362 Times in 1,298 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

The Republicans got their asses handed to them. Obama's up by almost 3,000,000 votes. He will win Florida which will give him a landslide victory in Electoral College of 232 - 203. Just as a comparison Bush won re-election in 2004 by 2,000,000 popular votes and the EC by 286-252.

Democrats have now won the popular vote for president 5 out of the past 6 elections.

Republicans blew the chance to take over the Senate TWO times now, by nominating far right wingers. Just 18 months ago, you would have been crazy to predict that the Dems would pick up 2 seats...now, they have done just that.

They picked up about 6 seats in the House, despite gerrymandering by the Republicans that makes democracy a joke.

The fastest growing demographics...women, especially single women, Hispanics and other minorities went OVERWHELMINGLY to Obama. All the GOP has left is angry white aging men.

The writing is on the wall for further changes to the American electorate that makes it harder and harder for todays GOP to even survive.

Polls taken by actual voters paint a stark picture for the GOP.

Urban voters O-62% R-36%
    Suburban O-48% R-50%
    18-29 O-60% R-37%
    Single women O-685 R-30%
    Hispanics O-69% R-29%
    Asian O-74% R-25%

'Taxes should be raised on rich or everyone' - 60%
    'Taxes should not be raised on anyone' - 35%

'The deficit is most important issue' - 10%

'Obamacare should be repealed' - 25%

Will the GOP learn from this and start co-operating with President Obama? I doubt it.

They will provide the usual excuses for their drubbing...fake media bias...Romney was too moderate...Sandy helped Obama...non-existant voter "fraud"...Romney moved to the middle...they need a "real" conservative to run.

It may take one more embarrassing defeat to get the moderates in the party to take a stand. Maybe Rick Santorum will win the nomination in 2016, and get crushed by Hillary.

We'll know very soon if there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Obama has the upper hand with all the Bush tax cuts set to expire, and cuts in defense spending that Republicans just cannot tolerate are automatically going to go into effect in less than three months.

In 2010, Mitch McConnell, the most powerful elected Republican in the country said that his party's #1 priority was to deny President Obama a second term. Not jobs...not the economy....not protecting the country. Defeating Obama over doing what is right for the country.

It was a fatal admission that I think was the tipping point in the election.

Let's hope that he changes his tune, and starts doing what the people of this country expect out of their elected officials. Doing what's best for the country and it's citizens instead of what's best for his political party.

6. Post thanked by:

BillsFever21 (11-08-2012),ckg927 (11-07-2012),Historian (11-07-2012),mysticsoto (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Fifty percent (50%) of Likely U.S. Voters favor repeal of President Obama’s national health care law, while 44% are opposed to repeal, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.
    A week ago, 54% favored repeal, and most voters have favored repeal of the law in regular surveys since its passage in March 2010. But this is the closest the enthusiasm level on the two sides has ever been: 39% now Strongly Favor repeal, while nearly as many (37%) Strongly Oppose it. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics

But then again... 49% of voters think the war on terror is being won so... My numbers are as full of ****e like yours, Notty.

- - - Updated - - -

Fifty percent (50%) of Likely U.S. Voters favor repeal of President Obama’s national health care law, while 44% are opposed to repeal, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.
    A week ago, 54% favored repeal, and most voters have favored repeal of the law in regular surveys since its passage in March 2010. But this is the closest the enthusiasm level on the two sides has ever been: 39% now Strongly Favor repeal, while nearly as many (37%) Strongly Oppose it. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

But then again... 49% of voters think the war on terror is being won so... My numbers are as full of ****e like yours, Notty.

8. Post thanked by:

Gilly (11-18-2012)

Registered User YankeeInRaleigh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Yeah, but when you actually explain to people what is IN the A.C.A, then all of a sudden it's something like 70% in favor of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,323 Times in 887 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Rasmussen is a joke, by far one of the, if not the, most partisan polls out there. It has very little, if any, credibility. Start paying attention.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,362 Times in 1,298 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Rasmussen is for dummies.

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 Times in 963 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post

Sukie, Rasmussen also had Romney polling as our president. How did that work out?

Most other polls I've seen have repeal of Obamacare at 25%. Regardless, Obama is president and guess what that means? Obamacare is here to stay!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 826 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    so you're already conceding that Obamas next 4 years will be a failure. but already making it out to be the Republicans fault. hiiiilarious.
    Not at all. It was a factual question since McConnell said from day one he wasn't going to work with the President and their goal was to try and make him a one term President. All that work they put in at doing nothing failed for them.

I expect the economy to keep gaining jobs like it has for over 30 straight months now and the 5 million net jobs created during that span. Not the 800k jobs a month that Bush was losing and the negative job creation he had during his term.

Clinton had to clean up the mess of Bush Sr and it's Obama's job to clean up the mess of Bush Jr. There seems to be a certain theme here but of course the right doesn't like to admit to facts.
    Last edited by BillsFever21; 11-07-2012 at 03:59 PM.

14. Post thanked by:

YankeeInRaleigh (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

On both sides of the aisle the notion of working together usually means the other guys need to compromise. They may get some minor stuff done, but Republicans are going to reason (correctly) that the voters who put them in office (or returned them to congress) want them to remain consistent to the political position they espoused during the campaign. Democrats too, of course.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

A wise man doesn't waste effort telling the world he's wise. If it's true, it will be self-evident.

16. Post thanked by:

YardRat (11-07-2012)

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 Times in 963 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    On both sides of the aisle the notion of working together usually means the other guys need to compromise. They may get some minor stuff done, but Republicans are going to reason (correctly) that the voters who put them in office (or returned them to congress) want them to remain consistent to the political position they espoused during the campaign. Democrats too, of course.
    That may be true to some extent, but the fact that Congress' approval rating is sitting around 15% now and hovered and was as low as 9% for the last 2 yrs or so is an indication that people are NOT happy with what they are currently doing!!!

Hey man, wanna breed? Spartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,549 Times in 2,229 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

The American right, like wild animals, cannot be rehabilitated, they can only be controlled.

Given the chance, they would rip out the throats of Obama and anyone to the left of Genghis Khan.

Expecting them to be bi-partisan is suicidally foolish.

Keep a boot on their throats and civilization will prosper.

Let them run free and they'll eat us all.
    boisterous hubris, arrogance, self deception, conspiracy, mud slinging mixed with a heavy dose of self righteousness.

19. Post thanked by:

denverboz (11-08-2012),gebobs (11-08-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,923 Times in 2,323 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Marcala12 View Post
    do you think Obama will try and work with the Republicans?
    This false equivalency **** has to end.

Obama reached across the aisle non stop and Republicans wouldn't even come to the table. See the budget, see the debt limit, see tax reform, see the unprecedented rise in filibusters.

Republicans wanted to tick out the clock for two years, make sure Obama couldn't accomplish anything (at the cost of normal Americans) and then claim victory on Tuesday.

Whoops.

Blew up in their faces, didn't it?

Obama watered down his healthcare reform to make you lunatics happy. He backed off immigration to make you lunatics happy. He didn't touch gun control despite record mass shootings to make you lunatics happy.

Now you want to pretend he didn't invite you guys to the table?

Come back to reality if you want to have an adult conversation.

If not, have fun becoming yet another fringe lunatic who becomes increasingly irrelevant in American politics.

21. Post thanked by:

BillsFever21 (11-08-2012),denverboz (11-08-2012),ICRockets (11-08-2012),JATMtheJATM (11-18-2012),jimmifli (11-08-2012),mysticsoto (11-08-2012),Spartacus (11-08-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    The American right, like wild animals, cannot be rehabilitated, they can only be controlled.

Given the chance, they would rip out the throats of Obama and anyone to the left of Genghis Khan.

Your metaphors for the Republican Party are becoming truer and truer as the years go by.

The left wants to rehabilitate the right, the right wants to kill the left.
    Last edited by JoeMama; 11-08-2012 at 10:54 AM.

23. Post thanked by:

denverboz (11-08-2012),gebobs (11-08-2012)

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,847 Times in 1,825 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post

I was at restaurant here in Athens GA on election night. The owners are casual friends of mine. The wife is liberal and the husband is a frothing conservative. We get into politics every once in a while and the arguments are fun. I cite facts and he cites gut feelings. It's quite one-sided.

Anyhoo...we were sitting at the bar watching the returns and when Obama came on he said "I wish someone would just shoot that mothereffer right now so this country could get back on track." I shook my head and laughed it off, but I know he's dead serious about it. He would buy the house a round if Obama was assassinated.

25. Post thanked by:

Spartacus (11-08-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    I was at restaurant here in Athens GA on election night. The owners are casual friends of mine. The wife is liberal and the husband is a frothing conservative. We get into politics every once in a while and the arguments are fun. I cite facts and he cites gut feelings. It's quite one-sided.

Anyhoo...we were sitting at the bar watching the returns and when Obama came on he said "I wish someone would just shoot that mothereffer right now so this country could get back on track." I shook my head and laughed it off, but I know he's dead serious about it. He would buy the house a round if Obama was assassinated.
    LOLZ!!!

The right wants to kill the left...

27. Post thanked by:

gebobs (11-08-2012)

Hey man, wanna breed? Spartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,549 Times in 2,229 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    Your metaphors for the Republican Party are becoming truer and truer as the years go by.

The left wants to rehabilitate the right, the right wants to kill the left.
    They were always true.

It just takes a while to break through the conditioning.

This is why I continue to take all sorts of idiotic **** from you guys yet still feel great affection for you.

It's not all your fault, like the kids who's parents send them to Jesus Camp.

You've all been abused in the service of a manipulative and self-serving ideology.

29. Post thanked by:

denverboz (11-08-2012),ICRockets (11-08-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,323 Times in 887 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 1,554 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate