Thread: The Republicans thought they could win the election with the guy who lost...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 826 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

The Republicans thought they could win the election with the guy who lost...

They thought they could win with the guy that lost to McCain who got smoked the first time around. Good thinking guys.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Re: The Republicans thought they could win the election with the guy who lost...

63% of my county voted for Romney. Where I work is a very Republican workforce and the industry are big Republican donors. I don't have many people to relate with around my area. LOL.

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 777 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Re: The Republicans thought they could win the election with the guy who lost...

easy there, your savior may not have won the popular vote, so it's not like he ran away with it...vs the guy that lost to the guy that Obama smoked 4 yrs ago.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

yea the pop vote is coming down to the wire, so if you're trying to make Romney out to be such a poor choice that's really not saying a whole lot about Obama is it? McCain was a strong candidate; he's one of the most qulified leaders in the country and many dems will agree with that. He got smoked by Obama because Obama captured an amazing momentum with a great message of hope and change during some tough times. With Oamas choppy 4 year record I think McCain could have beat him this time around with a good campaign, had he not run last time. And this is far from an extreme position being that Obama won't carry the pop vote, or it'll at least be a dead heat either way.
    Somebody over at another sports forum is insane. He's a fat-ass who has nothing better to do than run a site like he's some type of powerful person when everyone knows that he's a worthless person. Banning people with no explanation when they simply ask a pertinant question in a chatroom? He removes 1000's of threads that have real meaning to people without so much as an explanation. He barely has a pot to piss in, so his only shot of exerting power in his whole life is to act like an internet Hitler. The funny thing is EVERYONE talks so much s*** about the guy behind his back in Pm's etc. because everyone hates him.

PM ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS IN other sports sites - tell them BillsZone is where it's at. BillsZone has a chance to be everything that the other site should have been, but couldn't be because that other guy is so insane.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Romney was the absolute last person the Republicans should have chose if they really wanted the Presidency.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

I don't know if they ever really believed they could win with Romney, but what options did they have? Obama wouldn't have even had to campaign if Santorum, Gingrich, or Perry were the nominees.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

I think Rubio has a good chance to be the president at some point in the next 16 years.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,599 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Republicans continue to put up bad candidates. They have no one to blame but themselves. Poor planning.

9. Post thanked by:

DraftBoy (11-07-2012),Historian (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    easy there, your savior may not have won the popular vote, so it's not like he ran away with it...vs the guy that lost to the guy that Obama smoked 4 yrs ago.
    Ah jumping the gun a little too quick. I remember your post from the election thread rambling on about Romney winning the popular vote. Obviously didn't wait until all the votes were counted. Obama only won by almost 3 million votes. I guess just like the Republicans when it comes to shooting first and aiming later.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Marcala12 View Post
    yea the pop vote is coming down to the wire, so if you're trying to make Romney out to be such a poor choice that's really not saying a whole lot about Obama is it? McCain was a strong candidate; he's one of the most qulified leaders in the country and many dems will agree with that. He got smoked by Obama because Obama captured an amazing momentum with a great message of hope and change during some tough times. With Oamas choppy 4 year record I think McCain could have beat him this time around with a good campaign, had he not run last time. And this is far from an extreme position being that Obama won't carry the pop vote, or it'll at least be a dead heat either way.
    Well last I checked almost 3 million people wanted Obama over Romney along with 9 out of the 10 swing states. All of the campaign battles and Super PAC money spent courtesy of the billionaires funding his campaign and he only won a single state out of the battlegrounds.

Face it he was smoked. Obama only lost about 2 less states then he won 4 years ago. The Republicans were saying this is a referendum on the President for this election. Well 3 million more people and many more states asked for Obama over Romney. The guy who either stands for nothing or everything depending on what was popular at the time.