Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 84

Thread: How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

  1. #1
    Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    specifically located in the Milky Way
    Posts
    22,115
    Thanks
    1,355
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 759 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    72
    ZoneBux
    76,148.81
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    76,148.81
    Donate

    How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

    $20 Trillion or is that too liberal?

    I want to see people's projections so in 4 years we can look back and see who's drinking the most kool-aid here.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.


  2. #2
    Go Sabres!! Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    975
    Thanks
    408
    Thanked 219 Times in 154 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    4
    ZoneBux
    12,476.11
    Bank
    74,310.11
    Total ZoneBux
    86,786.22
    Donate

    Re: How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

    20-25 minimum... It will be interesting to see if china keeps fronting us the cash..

    The second they don't our economy rivals Greece....
    If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.
    President Obama July/ 2009,

    ...

  3. #3
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    74,165
    Thanks
    3,488
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 3,226 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    209
    ZoneBux
    171,579.23
    Bank
    589,246.59
    Total ZoneBux
    760,825.82
    Donate

    Re: How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

    Lmao- and what do you think it would have been with Romney in there? Remember, Bush outspent his tax-and-spend liberal predecessor. Republicans say one thing when they're running and do something else entirely once they are elected.

    And I'm not defending Obama for racking up the national debt. I'm simply pointing out that we were screwed either way and some of you are allowing your hatred for Obama to cloud your assessment of reality.

  4. Post thanked by:

    BillsFever21 (11-07-2012),BoyILuvLoznStupidly (11-14-2012),Ed (11-07-2012),Historian (11-07-2012),JATMtheJATM (11-07-2012),jdaltroy5 (11-13-2012)

  5. #4
    Registered User sukie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,500
    Thanks
    741
    Thanked 932 Times in 622 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    10
    ZoneBux
    54,414.04
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    54,414.04
    Donate

    Re: How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

    It will have to be high to pay for the ACA... What will the CBO estimates be for that in 2013,14,15,16 ? Needless to say I believe the CBO will be upping the cost estimates annually... without apology

  6. #5
    Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    specifically located in the Milky Way
    Posts
    22,115
    Thanks
    1,355
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 759 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    72
    ZoneBux
    76,148.81
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    76,148.81
    Donate

    Re: How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Lmao- and what do you think it would have been with Romney in there? Remember, Bush outspent his tax-and-spend liberal predecessor. Republicans say one thing when they're running and do something else entirely once they are elected.

    And I'm not defending Obama for racking up the national debt. I'm simply pointing out that we were screwed either way and some of you are allowing your hatred for Obama to cloud your assessment of reality.
    I don't hate Obama, just don't think he's done anything to deserve a 2nd term other than get Osama. If we're screwed either way, then let's not even discuss anything political anymore.

  7. Post thanked by:

    dannyek71 (11-07-2012)

  8. #6
    Registered User Marcala12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    161
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 75 Times in 46 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    0
    ZoneBux
    4,041.05
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    4,041.05
    Donate

    Re: How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

    bush = proven to add to the debt and deficit at a totally destructive rate
    obama = proven to add to the debt and deficit at a totally destructive rate
    Romney = may or may not have added to the debt or deficit.

    Obama is a proven failure in this category just as bush was; kind of silly to assume that Romney would have done the same as Bush years and years later. Romney hand picked Ryan because Ryan had real cutting plans to work with. I can't say for sure if Romney would have made the deep cuts that really need to be made, just as you can't say for sure that he wouldn't have. We know that Bush and Obama did the opposite and we know that any president who can't get the s**t in check under their watch will go down as a massive failure.
    Somebody over at another sports forum is insane. He's a fat-ass who has nothing better to do than run a site like he's some type of powerful person when everyone knows that he's a worthless person. Banning people with no explanation when they simply ask a pertinant question in a chatroom? He removes 1000's of threads that have real meaning to people without so much as an explanation. He barely has a pot to piss in, so his only shot of exerting power in his whole life is to act like an internet Hitler. The funny thing is EVERYONE talks so much s*** about the guy behind his back in Pm's etc. because everyone hates him.

    PM ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS IN other sports sites - tell them BillsZone is where it's at. BillsZone has a chance to be everything that the other site should have been, but couldn't be because that other guy is so insane.

  9. #7
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    74,165
    Thanks
    3,488
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 3,226 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    209
    ZoneBux
    171,579.23
    Bank
    589,246.59
    Total ZoneBux
    760,825.82
    Donate

    Re: How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    I don't hate Obama, just don't think he's done anything to deserve a 2nd term other than get Osama. If we're screwed either way, then let's not even discuss anything political anymore.
    I never said anything about not discussing it.

    I just want the discussion to be honest regarding the nature of the supposed "choice" we had.

  10. #8
    Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    rochester, ny
    Posts
    28,152
    Thanks
    3,885
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,023 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    76
    ZoneBux
    92,130.01
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    92,130.01
    Donate

    Re: How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

    Alot of people around here need to read this carefully and take their partisan glasses off while doing so:

    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...=1#post3705764

  11. Post thanked by:

    ThunderGun (11-07-2012)

  12. #9
    Registered User sukie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,500
    Thanks
    741
    Thanked 932 Times in 622 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    10
    ZoneBux
    54,414.04
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    54,414.04
    Donate

    Re: How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

    So he added 2 trillion? Cool.

  13. #10
    CIA-MIC profiteer extraordinaire Muktar al-Portlandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: al-Sharti
    Posts
    1,738
    Thanks
    674
    Thanked 482 Times in 326 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    5
    ZoneBux
    40,377.42
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    40,377.42
    Donate

    Re: How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

    I was expecting Obama to reduce debt during the Bush ****storm. Weren't you?

  14. #11
    Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    rochester, ny
    Posts
    28,152
    Thanks
    3,885
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,023 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    76
    ZoneBux
    92,130.01
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    92,130.01
    Donate

    Re: How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    So he added 2 trillion? Cool.
    ...while averting a depression!

  15. #12
    Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Tonawanda
    Posts
    40,754
    Thanks
    418
    Thanked 982 Times in 609 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    130
    ZoneBux
    38,328.68
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    38,328.68
    Donate

    Re: How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

    There is no way the Republican held House will allow it to go much higher!

  16. #13
    Registered User DraftBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    70,642
    Thanks
    1,100
    Thanked 4,514 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    183
    ZoneBux
    271,441.58
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    271,441.58
    Donate

    Re: How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

    I think its an interesting question, if we can all put away the partisan jerking off. Does anybody think the debt will fall over the next four years?
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

  17. Post thanked by:

    YardRat (11-07-2012)

  18. #14
    Go Sabres!! Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    975
    Thanks
    408
    Thanked 219 Times in 154 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    4
    ZoneBux
    12,476.11
    Bank
    74,310.11
    Total ZoneBux
    86,786.22
    Donate

    Re: How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

    Spend one million dollars per day since the birth of Christ and you would not have spent a trillion yet...

    Just some perspective on what obummer needs to beg china to loan us this year...


    Dow down 300+ so far today. So that's looking promising.....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I think its an interesting question, if we can all put away the partisan jerking off. Does anybody think the debt will fall over the next four years?
    Not a snowball's chance...

  19. #15
    Registered User DraftBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    70,642
    Thanks
    1,100
    Thanked 4,514 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    183
    ZoneBux
    271,441.58
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    271,441.58
    Donate

    Re: How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Spend one million dollars per day since the birth of Christ and you would not have spent a trillion yet...

    Just some perspective on what obummer needs to beg china to loan us this year...


    Dow down 300+ so far today. So that's looking promising.....
    That is quite possibly the dumbest analogy Ive seen in a while.

    Dow was going to fall no matter who won last night.

  20. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,600
    Thanks
    2,086
    Thanked 2,656 Times in 1,465 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    12
    ZoneBux
    111,327.02
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    111,327.02
    Donate

    Re: How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    $20 Trillion or is that too liberal?

    I want to see people's projections so in 4 years we can look back and see who's drinking the most kool-aid here.
    Do you have any idea why the debt is at the level it is and increasing??? Do you???

  21. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,600
    Thanks
    2,086
    Thanked 2,656 Times in 1,465 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    12
    ZoneBux
    111,327.02
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    111,327.02
    Donate

    Re: How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcala12 View Post
    bush = proven to add to the debt and deficit at a totally destructive rate
    obama = proven to add to the debt and deficit at a totally destructive rate
    Romney = may or may not have added to the debt or deficit.

    Obama is a proven failure in this category just as bush was; kind of silly to assume that Romney would have done the same as Bush years and years later. Romney hand picked Ryan because Ryan had real cutting plans to work with. I can't say for sure if Romney would have made the deep cuts that really need to be made, just as you can't say for sure that he wouldn't have. We know that Bush and Obama did the opposite and we know that any president who can't get the s**t in check under their watch will go down as a massive failure.
    100% false. Obama did not "add to the deficit".

    Period.

    This is one of the major reasons these problems are so hard to resolve We have a large part of the population that does not even know the truth about what's happening, or what the result would have been under proposed solutions.

    The idea that Romney "may or may not have added to the debt or deficit" is so blind to reality that it is really pretty sad.

  22. Post thanked by:

    jimmifli (11-08-2012),mysticsoto (11-07-2012),ThunderGun (11-07-2012)

  23. #18
    Registered User sukie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,500
    Thanks
    741
    Thanked 932 Times in 622 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    10
    ZoneBux
    54,414.04
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    54,414.04
    Donate

    Re: How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto View Post
    ...while averting a depression!
    It has become a common refrain at the White House and among administration supporters that President Obama's aggressive efforts to stimulate growth prevented an economic catastrophe.
    "We had to hit the ground running and do everything we could to prevent a second Great Depression," Obama told supporters last week.
    Politically, the claim makes sense. Casting the challenge Obama faced as immense can help explain the economy's lackluster performance in the two years since the recession officially ended.
    But is it an accurate portrayal of what really happened?
    IBD reviewed records of economic forecasts made just before Obama signed the stimulus bill into law, as well as economic data and monthly stimulus spending data from around that time, and reviews of the stimulus bill itself.
    The conclusion is that in claiming to have staved off a Depression, the White House and its supporters seem to be engaging in a bit of historical revisionism.
    Economists weren't predicting a Depression.
    White House economists forecast in January 2009 that, even without a stimulus, unemployment would top out at just 8.8% — well below the 10.8% peak during the 1981-82 recession, and nowhere near Depression-era unemployment levels.
    The same month, the Congressional Budget Office predicted that, absent any stimulus, the recession would end in "the second half of 2009." The recession officially ended in June 2009, suggesting that the stimulus did not have anything to do with it.


    Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/062011-575...#ixzz2BYkw4tR1

  24. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,600
    Thanks
    2,086
    Thanked 2,656 Times in 1,465 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    12
    ZoneBux
    111,327.02
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    111,327.02
    Donate

    Re: How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

    In any event...I have been asking for literally, years.

    Why is a big federal debt harmful to today's economy?

    Why are big deficits harmful to to today's economy?

    A hint....they are not. I have not had one person who is able to present a reasonable argument otherwise. I invite anyone to try.

    But, don't come here with platitudes or GOP bull****. Not going to fly.

  25. Post thanked by:

    jimmifli (11-08-2012)

  26. #20
    Registered User DraftBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    70,642
    Thanks
    1,100
    Thanked 4,514 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    183
    ZoneBux
    271,441.58
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    271,441.58
    Donate

    Re: How much will the National Debt be in 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    In any event...I have been asking for literally, years.

    Why is a big federal debt harmful to today's economy?

    Why are big deficits harmful to to today's economy?

    A hint....they are not. I have not had one person who is able to present a reasonable argument otherwise. I invite anyone to try.

    But, don't come here with platitudes or GOP bull****. Not going to fly.
    Just to be clear you mean today's as in right now on 11/7, not today as in modern America correct?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •