Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    1,726
    Thanks
    329
    Thanked 956 Times in 499 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    16
    ZoneBux
    42,034.01
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    42,034.01
    Donate

    Re: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

    I thought of something else: 2 years ago a conservative friend was bragging that Obama would be a 1 term president. When he said that I started thinking how bad the economy was in Reagan's 1st 2 years and it got better before Reagan ran in 1984. So I figured it has to be getting better by the 2012 election. Then I looked at the probable field of Republican opponents against an incumbent & concluded Obama would be tough to beat. So I called him on it and we made a bet that kept growing. It got up to $100. I'm getting my money tomorrow.

  2. Post thanked by:

    Historian (11-08-2012),mysticsoto (11-07-2012),sukie (11-07-2012)

  3. #22
    Registered User sukie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,552
    Thanks
    752
    Thanked 944 Times in 631 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    10
    ZoneBux
    55,594.53
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    55,594.53
    Donate

    Re: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

    Cool. I didn't like Romney when he was running against McCain and I didn't vote for him in this rounds primaries...

    I would have voted for Obama but I gots me no freebies

  4. #23
    Registered User Ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    4,790
    Thanks
    149
    Thanked 777 Times in 431 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23
    ZoneBux
    32,334.49
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    32,334.49
    Donate

    Re: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

    My salary has increased by about 30% over the last 4 years. I bought my first house and got an $8,000 first time buyer tax credit which was pretty sweet. The value of my home has also increased by almost 20% since I bought it. Overall my life has been pretty great the past four years so I don't have anything to complain about.

    Oh, and that whole capturing/killing Bin Laden thing made me pretty happy too.

  5. #24
    Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    rochester, ny
    Posts
    28,306
    Thanks
    4,043
    Thanked 1,516 Times in 1,074 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    76
    ZoneBux
    95,814.47
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    95,814.47
    Donate

    Re: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

    Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    I am not blaming Obama for unemployment skyrocketing but the wheels of this burst which led to the unemployment issue predated GW
    Yes, but was GW in a coma? Everybody and their mama could see it coming except him...his stupid "we're just around the corner" type remarks was all he did.

    The job losses that I'm referring to go deeper than just showing up when unemployment collapsed. They started much earlier when jobs were beginning to be outsourced at an alarming rate. That started in the early 2000s and grew quickly such that by 2006 I recognized what was coming - and I'm no economic genius. Naturally, many economists were warning about what was coming also. Bush did absolutely nothing and it all spiraled downward as he left.

    And maybe you are intelligent enough to recognize and not blame Obama on unemployment, but can you say the same about your typical Conservative brethren?

  6. Post thanked by:

    BillsFever21 (11-07-2012)

  7. #25
    Acid Douching Asswipe OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    74,348
    Thanks
    3,585
    Thanked 6,717 Times in 3,319 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    209
    ZoneBux
    174,760.84
    Bank
    697,847.35
    Total ZoneBux
    872,608.19
    Donate

    Re: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

    Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    I thought of something else: 2 years ago a conservative friend was bragging that Obama would be a 1 term president. When he said that I started thinking how bad the economy was in Reagan's 1st 2 years and it got better before Reagan ran in 1984. So I figured it has to be getting better by the 2012 election. Then I looked at the probable field of Republican opponents against an incumbent & concluded Obama would be tough to beat. So I called him on it and we made a bet that kept growing. It got up to $100. I'm getting my money tomorrow.
    In '08 I thought whoever won would be a 1 term president because there is no way they would fix the economy in 4 years. I was wrong on the one term thing. It's hard to say if I was wrong on the economy part. It's definitely not fixed, but at the same time it's going in the right direction.

    This time, I didn't vote for either of these guys because I don't think either one will fix the economy. Hopefully I'm wrong on that too.

  8. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,881
    Thanks
    2,301
    Thanked 2,803 Times in 1,553 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    12
    ZoneBux
    117,442.18
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    117,442.18
    Donate

    Re: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

    Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Since Obama was elected, how have things changed for the better or worse?

    I haven't had a raise in over 4 years do to the economy and medicaire reimbursement cuts.

    My portfolio HAS rebounded which is a good thing

    I don't really worry about gas prices and I don't really look except for what i paid in Buffalo this past week. Sucks for you guys.

    I don't know if it is a result of pending ACA rules... my step sons health insurance jumped 21% last year. Same with work insurance but not sure of the % increase.

    Property value went up a bit which is good but that could have been the case anyway. Up was the only direction.
    The trouble with this country is stupid thoughts like this.

    Selfish bullcrap!!!

    I expect my government and the president in particular, to be doing what's best for the whole country. President Obama has. Romney and the spiteful right wing elite that he represents, want the government to enrich them on a personal level. Completely contradictory of the rugged individualism that they whine about.

    This is the elephant in the room. Conservatives are out there with their hand out, begging for the government to "do something for them"

    Astounding admission from sukie. Thanks for clearing up that bit of hypocrisy coming out of the right wing mind.

  9. Post thanked by:

    BillsFever21 (11-07-2012),denverboz (11-07-2012),Historian (11-08-2012),mysticsoto (11-07-2012),YankeeInRaleigh (11-07-2012)

  10. #27
    Registered User YankeeInRaleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,264
    Thanks
    406
    Thanked 685 Times in 424 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    5
    ZoneBux
    20,016.51
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    20,016.51
    Donate

    Re: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    This is the elephant in the room. Conservatives are out there with their hand out, begging for the government to "do something for them"

    Astounding admission from sukie. Thanks for clearing up that bit of hypocrisy coming out of the right wing mind.
    Ha...good point.

  11. #28
    Registered User Mouldsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    1,341
    Thanked 536 Times in 350 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    5
    ZoneBux
    16,629.36
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    16,629.36
    Donate

    Re: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

    Obama took sukie's money and with it he bought me an iphone, free food and gas, cable tv, housing, heat, health insurance, and told me I could quit my job.


    Oh, and I have a gift card that's worth 10 abortions.
    Last edited by Mouldsie; 11-07-2012 at 03:53 PM.

  12. Post thanked by:

    BillsFever21 (11-07-2012),denverboz (11-07-2012)

  13. #29
    Registered User YankeeInRaleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,264
    Thanks
    406
    Thanked 685 Times in 424 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    5
    ZoneBux
    20,016.51
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    20,016.51
    Donate

    Re: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldsie View Post
    Oh, and I have a gift card that's worth 10 abortions.
    Damn, I want one of those. All I got was one of those punch cards, so when i've gotten 9 abortions I get the 10th one free.

    I'm already to 7, time to go knock some bitches up!

  14. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,394
    Thanks
    4,099
    Thanked 1,468 Times in 984 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    9
    ZoneBux
    58,621.80
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    58,621.80
    Donate

    Re: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The trouble with this country is stupid thoughts like this.

    Selfish bullcrap!!!

    I expect my government and the president in particular, to be doing what's best for the whole country. President Obama has. Romney and the spiteful right wing elite that he represents, want the government to enrich them on a personal level. Completely contradictory of the rugged individualism that they whine about.

    This is the elephant in the room. Conservatives are out there with their hand out, begging for the government to "do something for them"

    Astounding admission from sukie. Thanks for clearing up that bit of hypocrisy coming out of the right wing mind.
    Of course!! That's why most/all of the red states get the most money from the federal govt!!!


    here's a weird thought for ya Sukie::

    "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country"

  15. #31
    Registered User sukie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,552
    Thanks
    752
    Thanked 944 Times in 631 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    10
    ZoneBux
    55,594.53
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    55,594.53
    Donate

    Re: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The trouble with this country is stupid thoughts like this.

    Selfish bullcrap!!!

    I expect my government and the president in particular, to be doing what's best for the whole country. President Obama has. Romney and the spiteful right wing elite that he represents, want the government to enrich them on a personal level. Completely contradictory of the rugged individualism that they whine about.

    This is the elephant in the room. Conservatives are out there with their hand out, begging for the government to "do something for them"

    Astounding admission from sukie. Thanks for clearing up that bit of hypocrisy coming out of the right wing mind.
    What did I admit. I stated the state of my micro economy... I also stated that economic woes are/were overblown as evidenced in this thread

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by denverboz View Post
    Of course!! That's why most/all of the red states get the most money from the federal govt!!!


    here's a weird thought for ya Sukie::

    "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country"
    I agree. End the coddling policies that keep peeps from self sufficiency.
    Last edited by sukie; 11-07-2012 at 04:23 PM.

  16. #32
    Registered User sukie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,552
    Thanks
    752
    Thanked 944 Times in 631 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    10
    ZoneBux
    55,594.53
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    55,594.53
    Donate

    Re: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto View Post
    Yes, but was GW in a coma? Everybody and their mama could see it coming except him...his stupid "we're just around the corner" type remarks was all he did.

    The job losses that I'm referring to go deeper than just showing up when unemployment collapsed. They started much earlier when jobs were beginning to be outsourced at an alarming rate. That started in the early 2000s and grew quickly such that by 2006 I recognized what was coming - and I'm no economic genius. Naturally, many economists were warning about what was coming also. Bush did absolutely nothing and it all spiraled downward as he left.

    And maybe you are intelligent enough to recognize and not blame Obama on unemployment, but can you say the same about your typical Conservative brethren?
    unemployment rate fell between 2004 and 2006

  17. #33
    It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    42,958
    Thanks
    4,848
    Thanked 4,642 Times in 2,598 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    129
    ZoneBux
    187,629.90
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    187,629.90
    Donate

    Re: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

    The only thing that I can probably directly attribute to the Obama administration for me personally, good or bad, is the part of ObamaCare that allows dependent children to be covered under the parent's health insurance until they are 26.

    Long you live and high you fly And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry And all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be.

  18. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,878
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 289 Times in 179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    11
    ZoneBux
    19,133.54
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    19,133.54
    Donate

    Re: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

    I'm breaking even. My philosophy is to worry and spend energy on what I can control and not complain too much about anything else.

  19. Post thanked by:

    gebobs (11-08-2012)

  20. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,878
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 289 Times in 179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    11
    ZoneBux
    19,133.54
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    19,133.54
    Donate

    Re: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

    Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country. Politics and political discourse has become so selfish. Both sides.

  21. Post thanked by:

    gebobs (11-08-2012)

  22. #36
    Registered User BillsFever21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a state located in the USA
    Posts
    9,078
    Thanks
    2,285
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 826 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    30
    ZoneBux
    3,475.45
    Bank
    572,236.19
    Total ZoneBux
    575,711.64
    Donate

    Re: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldsie View Post
    Obama took sukie's money and with it he bought me an iphone, free food and gas, cable tv, housing, heat, health insurance, and told me I could quit my job.


    Oh, and I have a gift card that's worth 10 abortions.
    Where can I get one of them gift cards? I worry about knocking up my girlfriend every month. The best day of the month is when her period starts.

  23. #37
    Registered User Mouldsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    1,341
    Thanked 536 Times in 350 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    5
    ZoneBux
    16,629.36
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    16,629.36
    Donate

    Re: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

    You have to have voted for Obama and it helps to not be a white guy but not a requirement since you will be redeeming it on a woman.... Just head to your local planned parenthood office- show them your voter registration with a D on it or have some evidence of past liberal or moocher behavior. They will ask for the name of an employed white guy (republican preferably) whom they can rob to pay for your card.
    Last edited by Mouldsie; 11-08-2012 at 01:03 AM.

  24. Post thanked by:

    gebobs (11-08-2012)

  25. #38
    PC BSing Homo Historian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Upstairs
    Posts
    31,601
    Thanks
    4,884
    Thanked 3,394 Times in 1,844 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    120
    ZoneBux
    845,388.81
    Bank
    799,905.66
    Total ZoneBux
    1,645,294.47
    Donate

    Re: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

    Got promoted with a 10% raise this year.

    Had a 6% bonus at the end of every year since he took office.

  26. #39
    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    6,611
    Thanks
    3,735
    Thanked 3,362 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    26
    ZoneBux
    55,580.55
    Bank
    134,107.64
    Total ZoneBux
    189,688.19
    Donate

    Re: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

    Got a new dog. Thank you, Barack. Our last two went to their maker over the last several months. Obama stopped by and helped bury them in the back yard. He's a swell guy.
    Last edited by gebobs; 11-08-2012 at 07:20 AM.
    Gailey's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

  27. #40
    Registered User DraftBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    70,989
    Thanks
    1,147
    Thanked 4,703 Times in 2,738 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    183
    ZoneBux
    277,992.07
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    277,992.07
    Donate

    Re: New Silly Thread... What has the Obama presidency done for you in 4 years?

    Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    Got a new dog. Thank you, Barack. Our last two went to their maker over the last several months. Obama stopped by and helped bury them in the back yard. He's a swell guy.
    Im sure he brought a condolence beer too. That's the kind of guy he is.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

  28. Post thanked by:

    gebobs (11-08-2012)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •