Thread: Today, I am ASHAMED to call myself an NFL fan.

The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 607 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Today, I am ASHAMED to call myself an NFL fan.

10 penalties for 119 yards.

The Buffalo Bills have severely outplayed the New England Patriots today, are still holding on, and are still close.

I will take this time to say that I'm proud of the Bills who came out to play today. This has been a hard fought game and the offense is running on all cylinders. Fitz looks good, they're running the ball, they're not being fancy, and it's a solid effort on all facets. The defense is even doing well considering the opponent.

I am absolutely appalled by the referees and general flopping going on. 3 PI calls in the end zone, and one on 3rd and long. 2 holding calls, one which was just a great block by Eric Wood, and another that was somewhat questionable but not worth blowing steam over.

Conspiracy theorists would say that the Patriots winning on Veterans day is set up, but I'm not one of those. I am truly, whole heartedly believing that the bias is on in New England right now as it always is. This game has been an embarrassment to the league, it's officials, and the general integrity of the rules so far. I am miffed, the rest of the AFC fans who are fans of hopeful playoff teams that are hoping for an upset today are miffed, and even the Jets and Dolphins fans are pissed. PATRIOTS FANS ARE ADMITTING IT'S TERRIBLE.

I am ashamed to call myself an NFL fan if the referees are afraid to call a fair game in a teams home stadium, or if there's some stupid hidden agenda out there.

... Ugh... I hope it gets even throughout the rest of the game, but I'm happy with what the Bills have put on the field today.
    Bye Bye Brady...

2. Post thanked by:

kishoph (11-11-2012),Lone Stranger (11-11-2012),Michael82 (11-11-2012),Mski (11-12-2012),Northern Stampede (11-11-2012),Patti120 (11-12-2012),trapezeus (11-12-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Today, I am ASHAMED to call myself an NFL fan.

I am in complete agreement with you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yet, we keep feeding their coffers
    [

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

**** the refs

6. Post thanked by:

Michael82 (11-11-2012)

No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds. zone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

When your outplayed it is one thing, when the refs hand a game over to the cheatriots* on Veterans day it's an embarrassment to the fans of the NFL. This isn't the WWF.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,683 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I called this earlier & was called out on it in the GDT, how are out of bounds passes PI?

9. Post thanked by:

jlgarsh (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And even with all of this, this game will be thrown out as "just another Patriots win"

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ServoBillieves View Post
    10 penalties for 119 yards.

The Buffalo Bills have severely outplayed the New England Patriots today, are still holding on, and are still close.

I will take this time to say that I'm proud of the Bills who came out to play today. This has been a hard fought game and the offense is running on all cylinders. Fitz looks good, they're running the ball, they're not being fancy, and it's a solid effort on all facets. The defense is even doing well considering the opponent.

I am absolutely appalled by the referees and general flopping going on. 3 PI calls in the end zone, and one on 3rd and long. 2 holding calls, one which was just a great block by Eric Wood, and another that was somewhat questionable but not worth blowing steam over.
    Sometimes refs get it wrong. Sometimes they have bad games, and other times they are just bad refs.

Conspiracy theorists would say that the Patriots winning on Veterans day is set up, but I'm not one of those. I am truly, whole heartedly believing that the bias is on in New England right now as it always is.
    You just contradicted yourself. First you say your not a conspiracy theorist then you say the NFL has a bias towards NE which would be a conspiracy.

This game has been an embarrassment to the league, it's officials, and the general integrity of the rules so far. I am miffed, the rest of the AFC fans who are fans of hopeful playoff teams that are hoping for an upset today are miffed, and even the Jets and Dolphins fans are pissed. PATRIOTS FANS ARE ADMITTING IT'S TERRIBLE.
    Did you just start watching football? It happens every Sunday. Do you remember the Seattle's win over GB?

I am ashamed to call myself an NFL fan if the referees are afraid to call a fair game in a teams home stadium, or if there's some stupid hidden agenda out there.
    Congrats, you are a conspiracy theorist

... Ugh... I hope it gets even throughout the rest of the game, but I'm happy with what the Bills have put on the field today.
    Please Make Sense

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Mike. You are a detriment to the entirety of the Bills fan base. Your posts are asinine, you poison this board with your idiocy, and it has just gotten sad. I thoroughly believe that you and 5 other banned or just plain stupid posters are one in the same. What you just posted wasted a lot of bandwidth and was a complete joke.

I don't know if your intention is to be a troll, or if you truly believe in what you say. If you are a troll, you waste most Bills fans time and we don't care, but if you are serious with what you post, in the words of Billy Madison, "Everyone in this room (board) is now dumber for having listened to it... ... May God have mercy on your soul."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Mike. You are a detriment to the entirety of the Bills fan base. Your posts are asinine, you poison this board with your idiocy, and it has just gotten sad. I thoroughly believe that you and 5 other banned or just plain stupid posters are one in the same. What you just posted wasted a lot of bandwidth and was a complete joke.

I don't know if your intention is to be a troll, or if you truly believe in what you say. If you are a troll, you waste most Bills fans time and we don't care, but if you are serious with what you post, in the words of Billy Madison, "Everyone in this room (board) is now dumber for having listened to it... ... May God have mercy on your soul."

This thread is asinine...& a complete waist of bandwidth

You lack logic. You provide no argument. All you are is a name caller!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Mike, if I wanted the opinion of a moron I'd throw inanimate objects at an etch-a-sketch, and it would give better insight than you. I'm also glad I taught you some big boy words.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Mike, if I wanted the opinion of a moron I'd throw inanimate objects at an etch-a-sketch, and it would give better insight than you. I'm also glad I taught you some big boy words.
    there you go again...
    you can't make an argument worth ****. All you can do, all your capable of intellectually is an Ad Hominem. Your like the Sean Hannity of the Bills....all spin, all bs, no real argument.

Put down the CPU and go back to cleaning the smegma off of McDonalds toilets before you get fired.

16. Post thanked by:

SABURZFAN (11-12-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    there you go again...
    you can't make an argument worth ****. All you can do, all your capable of intellectually is an Ad Hominem. Your like the Sean Hannity of the Bills....all spin, all bs, no real argument.

Put down the CPU and go back to cleaning the smegma off of McDonalds toilets before you get fired.
    Can you please close your mouth while breathing? It's upsetting to those who feel sorry for your mental condition. I don't really know what you want me to say... Did you see the "Pass interference" against George Wilson on a ball thrown 10 yards from him? Did you see the "Pass interference" when Stephon Gilmore was within 5 yards and playing good defense (and before you lap up your drool and try to say "drrphgbit" just shut up) that is still an incorrect call. It should have been defensive holding, not pass interference. 3rd and long, pass interference. Stephon Gilmore facemask (legitamite call) followed by Stephon slapping hands with Lloyd in the endzone and an automatic first and goal.

How about Fitzy's 68% completion for 337 yards? His 2 TD's? Would the same statistics be better if it were Tarvaris Jackson? "Drr he threw an interception with time running out". Just figured I would get that stupidity out of the way.

What about CJ's 7.8 YPC? Stevie's 86? Jones' 74? Fred's 80 yards and 2 TD's?

So please tell me how incompetent this offense is. PLEASE. A Bryan Scott interception and a Fred Jackson fumble turned the tide of this game had it not come down to the referees being completely inept. "They make mistakes!" Really? That many mistakes? Honestly I hate trying to argue with the square peg smashing the round hole.

The defense is an issue. The defense needs to be updated and Wann-worthless needs to be fired ASAP. This team will not make the playoffs yet again, but even someone as inept as you has to admit to some degree that there was something insanely fishy about how lopsided the game's calls were today, how the Patriots were given 3 "free-rolls" at separate touchdowns, and how even if in the latter of the game you couldn't help but think "what if the game went correctly and we weren't playing catch-up because of said asinine calls?"

There's your argument.

18. Post thanked by:

Syderick (11-12-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Can you please close your mouth while breathing? It's upsetting to those who feel sorry for your mental condition. I don't really know what you want me to say...
    Using ******ing in a derogatory matter really is quite offensive. It's a form of discrimination akin to racism. You know I haven't forgotten.

Did you see the "Pass interference" against George Wilson on a ball thrown 10 yards from him? Did you see the "Pass interference" when Stephon Gilmore was within 5 yards and playing good defense (and before you lap up your drool and try to say "drrphgbit" just shut up) that is still an incorrect call. It should have been defensive holding, not pass interference. 3rd and long, pass interference. Stephon Gilmore facemask (legitamite call) followed by Stephon slapping hands with Lloyd in the endzone and an automatic first and goal.

How about Fitzy's 68% completion for 337 yards? His 2 TD's? Would the same statistics be better if it were Tarvaris Jackson? "Drr he threw an interception with time running out". Just figured I would get that stupidity out of the way.

What about CJ's 7.8 YPC? Stevie's 86? Jones' 74? Fred's 80 yards and 2 TD's?

I don't know what your point is.

So please tell me how incompetent this offense is. PLEASE. A Bryan Scott interception and a Fred Jackson fumble turned the tide of this game had it not come down to the referees being completely inept. "They make mistakes!" Really? That many mistakes? Honestly I hate trying to argue with the square peg smashing the round hole.

Again. Yes refs make mistakes. It's actually quite common. If you have been watching football this year, at least 3 games have been decided by poor refereeing however this does not mean that the Refs, the NFL, & Certain Teams are in a conspiracy.

What it means is that, like all other areas of life, people make big mistakes & have bad days.

The defense is an issue. The defense needs to be updated and Wann-worthless needs to be fired ASAP. This team will not make the playoffs yet again, but even someone as inept as you has to admit to some degree that there was something insanely fishy about how lopsided the game's calls were today, how the Patriots were given 3 "free-rolls" at separate touchdowns, and how even if in the latter of the game you couldn't help but think "what if the game went correctly and we weren't playing catch-up because of said asinine calls?"

I get **** all the time on this site for bring open to the idea that players, teams, FO, etc.. Are willing to bend the line and engage in activities that are dishonest, cheating, tanking, etc....

What you suggesting is even more extreme that teams throwing a season away for a chance at Luck. Your implying that the NFL is like pro wrestling. On the same token you can't ever image a team throwing in the white towel on a lost season?

Back to the point, refs are people too and that being said their integrity can be compromised. A few years ago there was a scandal in the NBA where refs were manipulating games for their own benefit (gambling). If this happened in the NFL, it wouldn't surprise me but thinking that the NFL has turned into the WWE would.

There's your argument.
    Much better.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Somebody from the NFL head quarters must have called down to the refs at half time. Telling them that they were making it way too obvious. The horribly one sided calls were curtailed quite a bit in the second half.

21. Post thanked by:

jlgarsh (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

there were two PI's that were horrendus calls.. the 1st was the third down play when they called PI on the guy defending Gronk, when he was 15 yards away from the intended reciever, and the second was the last PI in the endzone when the ball nearly landed in the crowd.
    RIP Tommy D!
    12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

nfl got what it wanted. the pats win. i just don't get why all the nfl owners let this happen. i guess getting money out of boston is important.

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    there you go again...

Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.