• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paladin warrior
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: mel kiper

2013 NFL Draft (1.0)
    Draft is based on my big board, and current league standings.
    I was dying to write a mock draft sooner or later - and figure this a good opportunity to do so.
    1. Kansas City Chiefs - Matt Barkley (QB) - USC
    The Chiefs are a complete mess. Matt Cassel is not a franchise QB. They need to clean house and start over. The first step is finding a franchise QB. IDC that previous USC QB's have not "succeeded" in the NFL. Barkley is the real deal. I have closely watched every game of his career and this kid has it all. He is extremely accurate, intelligent, has a strong enough arm to make all the NFL throws, and is a natural leader.
    2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Geno Smith (QB) - West Virginia
    Smith has struggled since his monster performance with 7TD passes. He has played poorly against defenses outside his conference. But there is no denying his elite skill and potential. Even if he has to sit on the bench for a year, the Jaguars can continue to play Gabbert and see if there is anything
    there. Smith is a better option as a franchise QB, and if Gabbert plays decent, they can always trade him for a draft pick.
    3. Cleveland Browns - Jarvis Jones (OLB) - Georgia:
    The Browns are headed in the right direction. I like Weeden. I like the improvements on defense, but they still need to improve the pass rush and OLB position. Can have a similar role to what Von Miller has in Denver.
    4. Carolina Panthers - Star Lotulelei (DT) - Utah
    Might be the best player in the nation. Massive, disruptive, play making force. The Panthers cannot stop the run for the life of them.
    5. St. Louis Rams - Luke Joeckel (OT) - Texas AM
    Bradford has improved his play this season, and started to live up to his high draft pick. However his blindside protection continues to be weak.
    6. Tennessee Titans: Manti Te'o (LB) - ND
    The Titans have found a future franchise QB in Locker. Now they need a leader for their defense. The defense is a mess against the run and pass. They need a passionate leader who can help on both fronts. Te'o is the real deal. I love this guy. His passion, work ethic, and play reminds me of Ray Lewis.
    7. Philadelphia Eagles - Chance Warmack (OG) - Alabama
    I don't need to explain this pick...
    8. Dallas Cowboys - Taylor Lewman (OT) - Michigan
    Offensive line play has been horrendous for the Cowboys. They cannot protect Romo nor can they open up holes in the running game. Improvements need to come as soon as possible.
    9. Cincinnati Bengals - Domontre Moore (DE) - Texas AM
    Moore is a speedster. He is a lighter defensive end with speed but will be great on the blindside of a 4-3 defense. I have to note - I absolutely LOVE how the Bengals have built their franchise the past few years. It is admirable.
    10. St. Louis Rams - Robert Woods (WR) - USC
    Many people are giving the Rams other WRs. People are going to argue with me about this pick. However Robert Woods brings absolutely everything to the table. There is really nothing he cannot do. And what I like MOST about him is his route running. He is the best route running in college football, and reminds me of Reggie Wayne. Robert Woods and Bradford can make sweet music together in the years to come.
    11. Buffalo Bills - Tyler Wilson (QB) - Arkansas
    It is about time the Buffalo Bills address their massive need at franchise QB. Wilson is the real deal. I'm a big fan. He has played well this season. He has a rifle for an arm. He has the size and leadership. He has all the things we want in a franchise QB. I really hope and pray the Bills take a QB this draft. Other options are: Tyler Bray - Tennessee and Aaron Murray - Georgia.
    Comment away

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Kipers Big Board is very solid but as we all know, QB's are always drafted higher than their ratings.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
        Kipers Big Board is very solid but as we all know, QB's are always drafted higher than their ratings.
        Maybe not this year.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DesertFox24
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by LindellSucks View Post
          Teddy Bridgewater will come out. He's awesome.

I love Bridgewater but he is only a true Soph.

Comment

• Night Train
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
            Maybe not this year.
            Very True but my jaw dropped a couple years back when Locker and Ponder were selected so early. It happens all the time.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
              • Sep 2012

Very True but my jaw dropped a couple years back when Locker and Ponder were selected so early. It happens all the time.
              Ryan Tannehill, a converted wideout with only 20 starts at QB, was drafted in the Top 10. First round QBs are cheap now because of the new CBA, so teams are taking them higher than ever. There's no way RGIII goes for 4 draft picks if Washington then also has to give him $45 million guaranteed.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

So sick of this song and dance every year this time.

We are told there are no good QBs available and that this year is the weakest QB class.

Then later on a bunch of guys come out of no where and are drafted and many succeed.

We were told early on that Newton and RGIII were not legit options for whatever reason and look they are awesome.

JUST GET THE ****ING QB ALREADY BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

And as I said back then, they were not smart decisions. Still time for both to prove me wrong, but these kinds of picks are why you don't reach for QB's.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

DB What is wrong with Tyler Wilson? To me in the few games I have seen him play he seems to be a better prospect than Locker or Ponder.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
                      DB What is wrong with Tyler Wilson? To me in the few games I have seen him play he seems to be a better prospect than Locker or Ponder.
                      Physically? Not much, he's smaller than listed and probably around 6'1. My biggest question is what kind of a leader is he? To me he's got a bit of Rivers/Cutler to him where he will throw teammates under the bus. He did earlier this year when he called his teammates quitters. He's one of the best pure passers in the class though.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                        Physically? Not much, he's smaller than listed and probably around 6'1. My biggest question is what kind of a leader is he? To me he's got a bit of Rivers/Cutler to him where he will throw teammates under the bus. He did earlier this year when he called his teammates quitters. He's one of the best pure passers in the class though.
                        So character issues are the only downfall? I want a QB with attitude that will hold people accountable. Sick of Mr. nice guy.

Bring Wilson in!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
                          So character issues are the only downfall? I want a QB with attitude that will hold people accountable. Sick of Mr. nice guy.

Bring Wilson in!!!
                          Well he needs to get his medical checked out, he's gotten the tar beaten out of him last year. He has some work to do with reading defenses, but yes his character is the biggest hurdle as of now.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• streetkings01
                            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                            He has a ton of starting experience in a pro style offense and generally makes smart decisions with the football. Sanchez had neither of those things. He's not going to cannon the ball downfield like Cutler or Vick, but he can hit most routes. We have one wideout who could charitably be described as a deep threat anyway.

I would too, but despite Kiper's bluster I don't see Smith falling to us.
                            How many teams in the NFL now a days actually run a pro style offense?
                            You can call me streetkings

Comment

• mjt328
                              • May 2011

Once these guys get off the football field and start doing drills, their ratings will shoot them back up Kiper's board.

There isn't anybody near the caliber of Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III in this class - but the Bills HAVE to take a chance on somebody.
                              Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson... I don't care... draft a QB in round one.
                              Heck, draft one late in the draft too.
                              2013 "My Should Have" Draft
                              Posted During the 2013 Draft
                              1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
                              2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                              2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
                              3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
                              4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
                              5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
                              6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
                              7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
                              1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
                              2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                              2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
                              3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
                              4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
                              5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
                              6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
                              7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Comment

• Night Train
                                • Jul 2005

If Gailey is here, he'll keep him inactive and play Fitz with a broken arm.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍