Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

  1. #1
    Registered User DesertFox24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,521
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 356 Times in 214 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    13
    ZoneBux
    41,068.83
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    41,068.83
    Donate

    Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

    I have been watching Wilson for awhile and everyone thought he was a top 5 pick coming into this year but his teams struggles have dropped him. As well as Geno and barkley getting their stats.

    However, after watching Wilson he has great arm strength and plays under duress almost as much as cutler did at Vandy.

    Wilson is also athletic enough to move the chains with his feet, has decent pocket presence, but most importantly can throw the whole field especially the out patterns and on the sidelines. He is also very accurate on throws over the middle and his location is very good. I personally think his footwork needs a lot of work because he does throw off his back foot a lot but his release mechanics are fine and he has a nice release not the quickest but fast enough.

    I would be very happy if we draft Tyler Wilson and let him compete with Fitz for the starting job next summer.

    Personally I would like to see Fitz win the job in 2013 so David Lee can work on fine toning Wilson's mechanics.

  2. #2
    Registered User Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,443
    Thanks
    227
    Thanked 601 Times in 305 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    14
    ZoneBux
    22,461.18
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    22,461.18
    Donate

    Re: Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

    Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    I have been watching Wilson for awhile and everyone thought he was a top 5 pick coming into this year but his teams struggles have dropped him. As well as Geno and barkley getting their stats.

    However, after watching Wilson he has great arm strength and plays under duress almost as much as cutler did at Vandy.

    Wilson is also athletic enough to move the chains with his feet, has decent pocket presence, but most importantly can throw the whole field especially the out patterns and on the sidelines. He is also very accurate on throws over the middle and his location is very good. I personally think his footwork needs a lot of work because he does throw off his back foot a lot but his release mechanics are fine and he has a nice release not the quickest but fast enough.

    I would be very happy if we draft Tyler Wilson and let him compete with Fitz for the starting job next summer.

    Personally I would like to see Fitz win the job in 2013 so David Lee can work on fine toning Wilson's mechanics.
    I'm not impressed with David Lee, I think he ruined Fitz. Fitz has never been considered an accurate passer, but this year he is awful...just awful.

  3. Post thanked by:

    trapezeus (11-09-2012),YardRat (11-09-2012)

  4. #3
    Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    4,752
    Thanks
    202
    Thanked 231 Times in 136 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    18
    ZoneBux
    17,255.36
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    17,255.36
    Donate

    Re: Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

    Guy looks the same as last year.






  5. Post thanked by:

    Lone Stranger (11-09-2012)

  6. #4
    Registered User Mouldsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,341
    Thanks
    1,357
    Thanked 545 Times in 356 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    5
    ZoneBux
    16,872.00
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    16,872.00
    Donate

    Re: Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

    I'm still intrigued by Wilson as well

  7. #5
    Registered User DraftBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    71,410
    Thanks
    1,187
    Thanked 4,916 Times in 2,860 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    184
    ZoneBux
    283,844.31
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    283,844.31
    Donate

    Re: Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

    I like Wilson but he does not fit the height part of what Nix said today he's looking for. Reports are out there saying Wilson is smaller than the listed height by possibly 1-3 inches. Plus his leadership is in question after he blasted teammates for quitting in a game he couldn't play in due to injury.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

  8. #6
    BoB Sabermetrician BLeonard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Posts
    4,403
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 835 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    21
    ZoneBux
    954.57
    Bank
    1,544,704.86
    Total ZoneBux
    1,545,659.43
    Donate

    Re: Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

    Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    I have been watching Wilson for awhile and everyone thought he was a top 5 pick coming into this year but his teams struggles have dropped him. As well as Geno and barkley getting their stats.

    However, after watching Wilson he has great arm strength and plays under duress almost as much as cutler did at Vandy.

    Wilson is also athletic enough to move the chains with his feet, has decent pocket presence, but most importantly can throw the whole field especially the out patterns and on the sidelines. He is also very accurate on throws over the middle and his location is very good. I personally think his footwork needs a lot of work because he does throw off his back foot a lot but his release mechanics are fine and he has a nice release not the quickest but fast enough.

    I would be very happy if we draft Tyler Wilson and let him compete with Fitz for the starting job next summer.

    Personally I would like to see Fitz win the job in 2013 so David Lee can work on fine toning Wilson's mechanics.
    To be honest, I don't watch enough college football to know if a QB (or any player) would be a good fit in the NFL, so I won't argue with that part of your post.

    But, the bolded, I will argue with. If David Lee had any part of "fine toning" Fitz, I don't want him anywhere near a QB that the Bills draft.

    -Bill

  9. Post thanked by:

    The last buffalo fan (11-09-2012),YardRat (11-09-2012)

  10. #7
    Registered User Night Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Last Depot
    Posts
    17,914
    Thanks
    1,938
    Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,358 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    75
    ZoneBux
    93,282.14
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    93,282.14
    Donate

    Re: Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

    Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I like Wilson but he does not fit the height part of what Nix said today he's looking for. Reports are out there saying Wilson is smaller than the listed height by possibly 1-3 inches. Plus his leadership is in question after he blasted teammates for quitting in a game he couldn't play in due to injury.
    I've read he's in the 6-1,6-2 range. At least he knows how to role out and create a clean passing lane. No question about his arm ( unlike Fitz, he has one ).

  11. #8
    Registered User DraftBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    71,410
    Thanks
    1,187
    Thanked 4,916 Times in 2,860 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    184
    ZoneBux
    283,844.31
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    283,844.31
    Donate

    Re: Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    I've read he's in the 6-1,6-2 range. At least he knows how to role out and create a clean passing lane. No question about his arm ( unlike Fitz, he has one ).
    Without a doubt, but as I wrote today Nix very clearly stated he wanted height. Now I say that knowing fully that they had a ton of interest in Russell Wilson despite the height concerns, but he did not have the intangible concerns Wilson does.

  12. #9
    Registered User Night Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Last Depot
    Posts
    17,914
    Thanks
    1,938
    Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,358 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    75
    ZoneBux
    93,282.14
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    93,282.14
    Donate

    Re: Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

    Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Without a doubt, but as I wrote today Nix very clearly stated he wanted height. Now I say that knowing fully that they had a ton of interest in Russell Wilson despite the height concerns, but he did not have the intangible concerns Wilson does.
    Geno Smith is 6-2 3/4, Barkley is reportedly only 6-1 3/4

    Manuel and Bray are huge. Hmmm...

    Then again, will Nix even make it to the draft. Will Whaley be calling the pick ?

  13. #10
    Registered User DraftBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    71,410
    Thanks
    1,187
    Thanked 4,916 Times in 2,860 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    184
    ZoneBux
    283,844.31
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    283,844.31
    Donate

    Re: Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Geno Smith is 6-2 3/4, Barkley is reportedly only 6-1 3/4

    Manuel and Bray are huge. Hmmm...

    Then again, will Nix even make it to the draft. Will Whaley be calling the pick ?
    Great question, my money is on Nix having the draft be his last, but that doesn't mean he's making the call.

  14. Post thanked by:

    YardRat (11-09-2012)

  15. #11
    Registered User Mouldsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,341
    Thanks
    1,357
    Thanked 545 Times in 356 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    5
    ZoneBux
    16,872.00
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    16,872.00
    Donate

    Re: Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

    Rumors were that Whaley liked Tannehill a lot, for what it's worth

  16. #12
    Legendary Zoner trapezeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,840
    Thanks
    2,623
    Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,290 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    53
    ZoneBux
    63,084.54
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    63,084.54
    Donate

    Re: Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

    bray is intriguing. he seemed very accurate to me in the one game i watched this year. i wouldn't be against him as a selection.
    *****************************************
    Russ Brandon: The reason the Bills suck year after year
    ****************************************

  17. #13
    Registered User superbills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    West Seneca
    Posts
    1,170
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 55 Times in 36 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    14
    ZoneBux
    4,831.71
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    4,831.71
    Donate

    Re: Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

    Why do we assume that David Lee isn't doing his job? Maybe it's just that Fitz is just Fitz...what you see is what you get. At this point in his career and with the limited ability he has, maybe there's no snake oil left to be extracted from the bottle.
    "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
    Ronald Reagan
    40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

  18. Post thanked by:

    DynaPaul (11-09-2012)

  19. #14
    Registered User TigerJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bath, NY
    Posts
    17,723
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 534 Times in 308 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    68
    ZoneBux
    36,422.56
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    36,422.56
    Donate

    Re: Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

    If Wilson needs a little time to get his game up to NFL specs, Bray needs more. I think only Geno Smith and Barkley are likely to start next season and have a decent shot at playing well. Whomever Buffalo drafts is probably going to be at least a short term developmental project. I've said elsewhere, I'm most intrigued by EJ Manuel, once Smith and Barkley are off the board. I know there are some other who have some potential too.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

    A wise man doesn't waste effort telling the world he's wise. If it's true, it will be self-evident.

  20. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,717
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 624 Times in 390 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    11
    ZoneBux
    29,365.38
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    29,365.38
    Donate

    Re: Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

    I'd love for us to stay put in the first, grab the best available regardless of position, and then get aggressive and move back into the first to take Wilson. Like Wilson, my concern is hits. He's taken a beating, and I don't want to draft a guy whose brain is already cooked.

  21. #16
    Registered User kishoph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    buffalo,n.y.
    Posts
    2,218
    Thanks
    1,350
    Thanked 968 Times in 569 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    16
    ZoneBux
    26,006.07
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    26,006.07
    Donate

    Re: Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

    I like Wilson and wouldn't mind at all if he was the 1st round choice. The Razorbacks have had a tough season, especially after the Wilson injury (concussion), but I think he's near 100% now and it has shown in his accuracy being much better now, than right after the injury. Today will be a good test for him against #8 S. Carolina and is going to be Nationally broadcasted on CBS at 12:00 EST.

  22. #17
    Registered User MST3KBillsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,828
    Thanks
    7,607
    Thanked 2,056 Times in 1,460 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23
    ZoneBux
    106,113.32
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    106,113.32
    Donate

    Re: Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

    Just get me a QB that isn't Rob Johnson, JP Losman, Trent Edwards, or Ryan Fitzpatrick. Speaking of which, where is Todd Collins? I know he's old but he is the one qb we have had since Kelly that I think we gave up on way too soon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •