Thread: Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

I have been watching Wilson for awhile and everyone thought he was a top 5 pick coming into this year but his teams struggles have dropped him. As well as Geno and barkley getting their stats.

However, after watching Wilson he has great arm strength and plays under duress almost as much as cutler did at Vandy.

Wilson is also athletic enough to move the chains with his feet, has decent pocket presence, but most importantly can throw the whole field especially the out patterns and on the sidelines. He is also very accurate on throws over the middle and his location is very good. I personally think his footwork needs a lot of work because he does throw off his back foot a lot but his release mechanics are fine and he has a nice release not the quickest but fast enough.

I would be very happy if we draft Tyler Wilson and let him compete with Fitz for the starting job next summer.

Personally I would like to see Fitz win the job in 2013 so David Lee can work on fine toning Wilson's mechanics.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Tyler Wilson is Nix's guy

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    I have been watching Wilson for awhile and everyone thought he was a top 5 pick coming into this year but his teams struggles have dropped him. As well as Geno and barkley getting their stats.

However, after watching Wilson he has great arm strength and plays under duress almost as much as cutler did at Vandy.

Wilson is also athletic enough to move the chains with his feet, has decent pocket presence, but most importantly can throw the whole field especially the out patterns and on the sidelines. He is also very accurate on throws over the middle and his location is very good. I personally think his footwork needs a lot of work because he does throw off his back foot a lot but his release mechanics are fine and he has a nice release not the quickest but fast enough.

I would be very happy if we draft Tyler Wilson and let him compete with Fitz for the starting job next summer.

Personally I would like to see Fitz win the job in 2013 so David Lee can work on fine toning Wilson's mechanics.
    I'm not impressed with David Lee, I think he ruined Fitz. Fitz has never been considered an accurate passer, but this year he is awful...just awful.

3. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (11-09-2012),YardRat (11-09-2012)

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Guy looks the same as last year.

5. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm still intrigued by Wilson as well

Thanks
    Thanked 24,427 Times in 14,146 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I like Wilson but he does not fit the height part of what Nix said today he's looking for. Reports are out there saying Wilson is smaller than the listed height by possibly 1-3 inches. Plus his leadership is in question after he blasted teammates for quitting in a game he couldn't play in due to injury.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 944 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post

To be honest, I don't watch enough college football to know if a QB (or any player) would be a good fit in the NFL, so I won't argue with that part of your post.

But, the bolded, I will argue with. If David Lee had any part of "fine toning" Fitz, I don't want him anywhere near a QB that the Bills draft.

-Bill

9. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (11-09-2012),YardRat (11-09-2012)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I like Wilson but he does not fit the height part of what Nix said today he's looking for. Reports are out there saying Wilson is smaller than the listed height by possibly 1-3 inches. Plus his leadership is in question after he blasted teammates for quitting in a game he couldn't play in due to injury.
    I've read he's in the 6-1,6-2 range. At least he knows how to role out and create a clean passing lane. No question about his arm ( unlike Fitz, he has one ).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    I've read he's in the 6-1,6-2 range. At least he knows how to role out and create a clean passing lane. No question about his arm ( unlike Fitz, he has one ).
    Without a doubt, but as I wrote today Nix very clearly stated he wanted height. Now I say that knowing fully that they had a ton of interest in Russell Wilson despite the height concerns, but he did not have the intangible concerns Wilson does.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Without a doubt, but as I wrote today Nix very clearly stated he wanted height. Now I say that knowing fully that they had a ton of interest in Russell Wilson despite the height concerns, but he did not have the intangible concerns Wilson does.
    Geno Smith is 6-2 3/4, Barkley is reportedly only 6-1 3/4

Manuel and Bray are huge. Hmmm...

Then again, will Nix even make it to the draft. Will Whaley be calling the pick ?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Geno Smith is 6-2 3/4, Barkley is reportedly only 6-1 3/4

Manuel and Bray are huge. Hmmm...

Then again, will Nix even make it to the draft. Will Whaley be calling the pick ?
    Great question, my money is on Nix having the draft be his last, but that doesn't mean he's making the call.

14. Post thanked by:

YardRat (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Rumors were that Whaley liked Tannehill a lot, for what it's worth

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

bray is intriguing. he seemed very accurate to me in the one game i watched this year. i wouldn't be against him as a selection.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Why do we assume that David Lee isn't doing his job? Maybe it's just that Fitz is just Fitz...what you see is what you get. At this point in his career and with the limited ability he has, maybe there's no snake oil left to be extracted from the bottle.
    "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
    Ronald Reagan
    40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

18. Post thanked by:

DynaPaul (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If Wilson needs a little time to get his game up to NFL specs, Bray needs more. I think only Geno Smith and Barkley are likely to start next season and have a decent shot at playing well. Whomever Buffalo drafts is probably going to be at least a short term developmental project. I've said elsewhere, I'm most intrigued by EJ Manuel, once Smith and Barkley are off the board. I know there are some other who have some potential too.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'd love for us to stay put in the first, grab the best available regardless of position, and then get aggressive and move back into the first to take Wilson. Like Wilson, my concern is hits. He's taken a beating, and I don't want to draft a guy whose brain is already cooked.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I like Wilson and wouldn't mind at all if he was the 1st round choice. The Razorbacks have had a tough season, especially after the Wilson injury (concussion), but I think he's near 100% now and it has shown in his accuracy being much better now, than right after the injury. Today will be a good test for him against #8 S. Carolina and is going to be Nationally broadcasted on CBS at 12:00 EST.

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just get me a QB that isn't Rob Johnson, JP Losman, Trent Edwards, or Ryan Fitzpatrick. Speaking of which, where is Todd Collins? I know he's old but he is the one qb we have had since Kelly that I think we gave up on way too soon.