Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

  1. #1
    TIM COUCH IS MY HERO! bills_7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,006
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    13
    ZoneBux
    3,098.41
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    3,098.41
    Donate

    Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

    As shocking as this sounds a win Sunday will put us right back in the thick of things, especially with the weaker schedule ahead

    Stranger things have happened and anything can happen in the NFL

    so lets use this thread for positive thoughts and what we might be able to do well Sunday as we know we can play with them (ie our 21-7 lead in buffalo)

    so lets get the positive energy rolling here

    Big key to the game is for the offense to get rolling early and our D to play like they did last week or even improve would be huge

    We need to play better 3rd down football both sides of the ball

    Give Fitz the power to change plays at the line or if he does have the power hopefully they worked on it all week

    Lets get this win and start talking PLAYOFFS!!! again

  2. #2
    Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    40,500
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 2,006 Times in 978 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    194
    ZoneBux
    194,906.77
    Bank
    4,295,902.29
    Total ZoneBux
    4,490,809.06
    Donate

    Re: Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

    The Bills are going to play well and compete. and lose. making it hurt 100x more.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.



  3. #3
    Registered User THATHURMANATOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    SOUTH BUFFALO
    Posts
    68,628
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 634 Times in 307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    247
    ZoneBux
    60,275.82
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    60,275.82
    Donate

    Re: Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

    I have 0 faith in these bums

  4. Post thanked by:

    Crisis (11-09-2012)

  5. #4
    BoB Sabermetrician BLeonard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Posts
    4,174
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,413 Times in 734 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    21
    ZoneBux
    1,112.77
    Bank
    1,147,806.94
    Total ZoneBux
    1,148,919.71
    Donate

    Re: Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

    Positive thoughts, eh?

    OK, I'm positive that the Bills will miss the playoffs for the 13th consecutive season.

    Even if they do manage to beat the Patriots (which I highly doubt) they'll simply piss down their legs in one of the games in the alleged "weak part of the schedule."

    -Bill

  6. Post thanked by:

    OpIv37 (11-09-2012)

  7. #5
    Negavite Sammich OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    73,481
    Thanks
    3,195
    Thanked 5,828 Times in 2,910 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    206
    ZoneBux
    159,972.83
    Bank
    395,769.33
    Total ZoneBux
    555,742.16
    Donate

    Re: Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

    Quote Originally Posted by bills_7 View Post
    As shocking as this sounds a win Sunday will put us right back in the thick of things, especially with the weaker schedule ahead

    Stranger things have happened and anything can happen in the NFL

    so lets use this thread for positive thoughts and what we might be able to do well Sunday as we know we can play with them (ie our 21-7 lead in buffalo)

    so lets get the positive energy rolling here

    Big key to the game is for the offense to get rolling early and our D to play like they did last week or even improve would be huge

    We need to play better 3rd down football both sides of the ball

    Give Fitz the power to change plays at the line or if he does have the power hopefully they worked on it all week

    Lets get this win and start talking PLAYOFFS!!! again
    the season was on the line in the last game against the Patriots and this team collapsed like a shanty town in an earthquake. We were done as soon as they dropped to 0-2 in the division.

  8. #6
    Registered User DraftBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    70,082
    Thanks
    966
    Thanked 4,211 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    182
    ZoneBux
    260,705.77
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    260,705.77
    Donate

    Re: Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

    We play on national TV next week so out of town fans can watch.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

  9. Post thanked by:

    trapezeus (11-09-2012)

  10. #7
    Legendary Zoner trapezeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,012
    Thanks
    1,917
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 938 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51
    ZoneBux
    48,522.49
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    48,522.49
    Donate

    Re: Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

    winnable schedule? Miami twice. once on prime time. they are perhaps the best team in the AFC as they fight every game. NE has the history and seasoning, but miami leap frogged us and the jets. Great.

    Which reminds me we have the jets who beat the living hell out of us in week 1 and rex will be fighting for his job...nothing like one last win

    Indianapolis is a team on the rise with a qb with a lot of accuracy vs a bills defense that hardly covers anyone.

    Seattle has played well thus far.

    The rams might be an easy win. Jacksonville with mularkey. we perform real well against our former coaches. they might just win that.

    I see 1 win left and it won't feel good at all. like the last 13 years.
    *****************************************
    Russ Brandon: The reason the Bills suck year after year
    ****************************************

  11. Post thanked by:

    HAMMER (11-09-2012)

  12. #8
    TIM COUCH IS MY HERO! bills_7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,006
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    13
    ZoneBux
    3,098.41
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    3,098.41
    Donate

    Re: Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

    Really? Nothing positive to say at all eh guys. Ok thats fine im down on this team to but this is one last kick at the can for the season. We support the team till the end in the toronto area just like we do with our leafs who arent any better so its almost game day. Does anyone have anything good to say?
    Last edited by bills_7; 11-09-2012 at 12:56 PM.

  13. #9
    Negavite Sammich OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    73,481
    Thanks
    3,195
    Thanked 5,828 Times in 2,910 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    206
    ZoneBux
    159,972.83
    Bank
    395,769.33
    Total ZoneBux
    555,742.16
    Donate

    Re: Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

    Quote Originally Posted by bills_7 View Post
    Really? Nothing positive to say at all eh guys. Ok thats fine im down on this team to but this is one last kick at the can for the season. We support the team till the end in the toronto area just like we do with our leafs who arent any better so its almost game day. Does anyone have anything good to say?
    Everyone still supports the team.

    There's a difference between wanting them to win and believing they actually will. We'd love to see them come out and crush the Patriots, but after watching all the previous games this season, the overwhelming majority of us just don't see how that's possible.

    This is a team that spent a lot of money on the D in the off-season, and the D has been record-setting bad. We're 3-5, 0-2 in the division, 2-4 in the conference and have suffered 3 blowout losses, including one to the team we have to play again on Sunday.

    Do you really expect people to have positive things to say in that situation? If so, why?

  14. #10
    Registered User justasportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bundoks
    Posts
    49,954
    Thanks
    591
    Thanked 2,259 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    201
    ZoneBux
    90,705.87
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    90,705.87
    Donate

    Re: Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

    Quote Originally Posted by bills_7 View Post
    Really? Nothing positive to say at all eh guys.
    no hurricanes and no snow this Sunday. That's 2. What did I win?

  15. #11
    Registered User SabreEleven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    South Omaha, Nebraska, United States
    Posts
    39,567
    Thanks
    671
    Thanked 414 Times in 283 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Power to Give Rep
    174
    ZoneBux
    141,558.56
    Bank
    68,007.84
    Total ZoneBux
    209,566.40
    Donate

    Re: Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

    I have something positive to say....we made the playoffs...13 years ago...
    Last edited by SabreEleven; 11-09-2012 at 01:12 PM.

  16. #12
    TIM COUCH IS MY HERO! bills_7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,006
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    13
    ZoneBux
    3,098.41
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    3,098.41
    Donate

    Re: Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

    Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Everyone still supports the team.

    There's a difference between wanting them to win and believing they actually will. We'd love to see them come out and crush the Patriots, but after watching all the previous games this season, the overwhelming majority of us just don't see how that's possible.

    This is a team that spent a lot of money on the D in the off-season, and the D has been record-setting bad. We're 3-5, 0-2 in the division, 2-4 in the conference and have suffered 3 blowout losses, including one to the team we have to play again on Sunday.

    Do you really expect people to have positive things to say in that situation? If so, why?
    why? that can be in obv answer or a loaded question.

    positive energy goes a long way

    im off to work hopefully we can stay positive this week and get a win

    enjoy the game sunday everyone

    Go Bills!!!

  17. Post thanked by:

    kishoph (11-10-2012)

  18. #13
    Negavite Sammich OpIv37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    73,481
    Thanks
    3,195
    Thanked 5,828 Times in 2,910 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    206
    ZoneBux
    159,972.83
    Bank
    395,769.33
    Total ZoneBux
    555,742.16
    Donate

    Re: Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

    Quote Originally Posted by bills_7 View Post
    why? that can be in obv answer or a loaded question.

    positive energy goes a long way

    im off to work hopefully we can stay positive this week and get a win

    enjoy the game sunday everyone

    Go Bills!!!
    Positive energy goes a long way for something you're actually doing yourself. What you say on a message board- positive or negative- has absolutely ZERO effect on the game whatsoever.

  19. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,238
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 634 Times in 376 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    4
    ZoneBux
    25,131.01
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    25,131.01
    Donate

    Re: Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

    Quote Originally Posted by bills_7 View Post
    so lets use this thread for positive thoughts and what we might be able to do well Sunday as we know we can play with them (ie our 21-7 lead in buffalo)
    I guess the positive view is they can play with them, since they had leads of 21 points in the 2nd quarter and 14 points in the 3rd quarter the last 2 times they played them.

    Of course, they ended up losing those games by 28 and 24 points. So, you can say the Bills have shown they can play with the Pats... for about a half. Then they get crushed like they are playing Madden for the first time.

  20. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Waterford, New York
    Posts
    5,302
    Thanks
    1,011
    Thanked 494 Times in 321 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    24
    ZoneBux
    16,620.97
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    16,620.97
    Donate

    Re: Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

    I'm positive the season will go down in flames this Sunday. Suck for Luck! Oh wait, it's too late for that...
    Paul


  21. Post thanked by:

    trapezeus (11-09-2012)

  22. #16
    Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ann Arbor
    Posts
    4,701
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 205 Times in 120 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    18
    ZoneBux
    15,559.24
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    15,559.24
    Donate

    Re: Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

    If we won our four div games left, I'd be happy with 7-9. Go Bills!






  23. #17
    Lets GO BUFFALO!! SquishDaFish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    16,962
    Thanks
    2,141
    Thanked 599 Times in 353 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    67
    ZoneBux
    49,127.50
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    49,127.50
    Donate

    Re: Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

    I got something positive. We will run the ball a total of NINE times this week. **** this team

  24. #18
    Legendary Zoner trapezeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,012
    Thanks
    1,917
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 938 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51
    ZoneBux
    48,522.49
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    48,522.49
    Donate

    Re: Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

    the good news is if these oafs can man up and pull off a win, this season is completely salvagable. but it will require a brand of football they haven't done yet. they will need to stop another team and get turnovers on defense. and on offense they will have to dictate the flow of the game by running whenever and however they like.

    a win here completely erases their doubts. a loss here, no matter how close just reinforces that this isn't their year.

  25. #19
    Suck it up Nancy Boys. HAMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    7,473
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 449 Times in 240 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    32
    ZoneBux
    14,138.78
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    14,138.78
    Donate

    Re: Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

    Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    winnable schedule? Miami twice. once on prime time. they are perhaps the best team in the AFC as they fight every game. NE has the history and seasoning, but miami leap frogged us and the jets. Great.

    Which reminds me we have the jets who beat the living hell out of us in week 1 and rex will be fighting for his job...nothing like one last win

    Indianapolis is a team on the rise with a qb with a lot of accuracy vs a bills defense that hardly covers anyone.

    Seattle has played well thus far.

    The rams might be an easy win. Jacksonville with mularkey. we perform real well against our former coaches. they might just win that.

    I see 1 win left and it won't feel good at all. like the last 13 years.
    I love how people call our second half schedule easy, wishful thinking. All but two teams are better than us by a longshot.

  26. #20
    Registered User MST3KBillsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,972
    Thanks
    6,514
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,213 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    21
    ZoneBux
    114,514.68
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    114,514.68
    Donate

    Re: Season on the line sunday, lets get some positive thoughts going

    This season was over after we lost the first game to New England.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •