Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I can't bear any more of Fitzpathetic

Thanks
    Thanked 30,468 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: I can't bear any more of Fitzpathetic

Quote Originally Posted by starrymessenger View Post
    TJ was by himself at the back of the endzone. Many, many touchdowns are scored in exactly that geography. And there is a reason why the pattern calls for a deeper route when the corner is shaqllow - its because you woulod otherwise be running straight into coverage. The Bills org., including JK, are trying to take thye pressure off Fitz.
    As for how you are supposed to run the route Gailey himself said you take it deeper (tho he also said he would have to "review the tape").
    If you run it 'deep' from the red zone, you run out of real estate. Go back and review some TD's from the last year and a half, and count how many TD passes come from that side, from that route, with the receiver cutting across the face of the defender, not behind him.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 30,468 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kishoph View Post
    There were 5 receivers on the last play, Stevie (4TD's), Spiller (5 TD's), Chandler (5 TD's), Jones (4 TD's) and the rookie Graham (1 TD), so Fitz decides pre snap that he's going to Graham (listen to his WGR interview), never considering another option, he looked left only to try and freeze the LB (in the interview), not to see another option. Fitz was throwing to Graham, be damned, another case of him panicking and trying for something that was not there.
    Well, that pretty much cements Fitz expecting TJ to cut his route in front of the defender now, doesn't it?

3. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (11-12-2012)

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Well, that pretty much cements Fitz expecting TJ to cut his route in front of the defender now, doesn't it?
    Not so smart, eh?
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    What kind of quarterback just decides he's going to throw to one guy on a play no matter what without taking any progression? Fitzputrid, that's who. He ****ing sucks.

6. Post thanked by:

kishoph (11-13-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    What kind of quarterback just decides he's going to throw to one guy on a play no matter what without taking any progression? Fitzputrid, that's who. He ****ing sucks.
    The first time I was able to replay it, you could tell that he only looked left to try freeze the LB and wasn't going through a progression, the look was too fast, had he taken a good look he would have seen that both the LB and corner on that side bit to Spiller and Stevie was alone at the 5 yard line, heading to the endzone. This has become common with Fitz, where he's locking onto one receiver. In the Titans game, the int he threw with 3 minutes left, is a perfect example, before the snap the LB left Chandler uncovered, after the snap Chandler runs a seam route with nobody in front of him and a DT chasing, a good 2 yards behind him, Fitz never once looked to that side of the field, locking onto Jones from the snap, the result, another late in the game turn over, this time giving the ball back to the Titans at mid field allowing to get the game winning TD. I don't care if he throws for 500 yards, if he's gonna continue to turn the ball over at the end of games, he's hurting this team. Plus the decision to go to Graham, who had 1 catch in the game and ignore the 4 receivers out there that had 21 catches between them in the game, was just ridiculous. You don't have to be a Harvard graduate to know that you go to your play makers when the game is on the line, not a rookie that is averaging 2 receptions a game.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,683 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    Seriously, how many games has he lost for us? I mean, who here didn't KNOW he was going to throw an INT to lose the game today?

He needs to go. Let TJax finish the season 1-6, then we draft a QB in the first round.

Enough is enough.
    It's "bare", just saying.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    Seriously, how many games has he lost for us? I mean, who here didn't KNOW he was going to throw an INT to lose the game today?

He needs to go. Let TJax finish the season 1-6, then we draft a QB in the first round.

Enough is enough.
    He's still our best chance to win, and seeing as how they aren't going to give up on the season, he will continue to start. He has been playing well lately and no one can deny that. Just keeps having that one bad moment at a critical time that is hurting his performance overall.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    It's "bare", just saying.
    LOL no genius. "Bare" is your ass when you came out of your momma's lady part.

Try to know that you're right before correcting somebody next time.

11. Post thanked by:

gebobs (11-13-2012)

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    He's still our best chance to win.
    Yes, but I don't want to win anymore this season, and limp ourselves into another 7-9 record and picking #10. That way we'll pick no top end QB and then stuck with another 3rd round guy and probably Fitz again next season. It's time to invest heavily on the future, instead of hanging around mediocrity forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

mmiyagi, this is the year that the qb class sucks and the guy at 3 and the guy at 10 are probably the same guy.

add to the fact that there is a dolphins team and jets team losing at the same rate as us, we just might have a chance at a wildcard spot if they could get their crap together now. That's ideal. losing out this season won't make much of a difference, i'm afraid.

14. Post thanked by:

Mr. Miyagi (11-13-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kishoph View Post
    If Graham would of took the underneath route (which he did the play before, on the exact route) the ball would of still been way behind him and 5 feet over his head, the only person that had a shot at that pass was the corner.
    Wow that's a stretch...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    mmiyagi, this is the year that the qb class sucks and the guy at 3 and the guy at 10 are probably the same guy.

add to the fact that there is a dolphins team and jets team losing at the same rate as us, we just might have a chance at a wildcard spot if they could get their crap together now. That's ideal. losing out this season won't make much of a difference, i'm afraid.
    Too early to know how close the top ten picks are. There could be other positions that emerge that we would want to draft in the top 3 like DE a top S or LB or even a WR who compliments Stevie.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He's still our best chance to win, and seeing as how they aren't going to give up on the season, he will continue to start. He has been playing well lately and no one can deny that. Just keeps having that one bad moment at a critical time that is hurting his performance overall.
    If losing games for your teammates at the most critical points is playing well, then I don't want to see him playing bad.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Wow that's a stretch...
    I don't think you actually watch the games.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wow that's a stretch...
    Not a stretch at all,McCourty was at the goal line when Graham would of had to decide which way to take it (short or deep), if he would of cut it up he would of been at the 2 or 3 yard line at the very deepest, when he took it deep the McCourty dropped and had to leap to intercept the ball almost 3 yards deep in the endzone, if Graham would of cut the route short at the 2 or 3, do you really think the ball would of been there, when McCourty who was 3 yards deep in the endzone had leap to bring down the int. that's a difference of almost 6 yards. If your able to watch the replay again, freeze the ball when it gets to the goaline, that ball would of been way over Graham's head even at the goal line, let alone at the 2 or 3. Even if Graham is at fault for choosing the wrong "option" McCourty was in position to where Graham would of had to cut it around the 3 yard line or take it deep. Face it, it was a bad pass.
    Last edited by kishoph; 11-13-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Too early to know how close the top ten picks are. There could be other positions that emerge that we would want to draft in the top 3 like DE a top S or LB or even a WR who compliments Stevie.
    If there's an elite LB on the board, I'm all for it. In that case we better trade the farm back into the first round for a QB.

Our WRs are ok and you can find very good complimentary ones in mid rounds.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wow that's a stretch...
    Posted this in another thread. McCourty with vertical gets higher than Graham can with vertical. If TJ undercuts McCourty he doesn't get the ball.

Stretch? Nah. Reality.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
    Posted this in another thread. McCourty with vertical gets higher than Graham can with vertical. If TJ undercuts McCourty he doesn't get the ball.

Stretch? Nah. Reality.
    Neither does McCourty. I still fault Fitz for targeting the rookie.