We will go into last game of season with a shot at playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: We will go into last game of season with a shot at playoffs!

I will be very surprised if we win 3 more games.

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by coastal View Post
      Miami (2), Indi, Jville, St. Louis...

I see nothing in this schedule that lends me to believe we won't take each of these games.

Lets look at the positives right now...

We just took two AFC Superbowl contenders to the last minute... One of which we were fighting the refs damn near the whole game. None of the above teams represent that level of competition.

5 of the next 7 games are at home.

CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson are the best tandem in the league.

Stevie Johnson is an elite WR.

A healthy Cordy Glenn changes our offense.

We're a relatively healthy football team.

We got down 10-0 to the Pats on the road. We scrapped the whole game only to lose on the last play. This team isn't quitting.

There is every possibility of us getting to the Seatle game with a 7-6 record. Seattle doesn't impress me, so I can see a big win there followed by a another big win on the road against the Fish.

9-6.

Jets at home... Mario with a chance to do some mouth punching of his own.

Bottomline: The Bills haven't given up on this season, and neither have I!
      Keep dreaming. You act like the Colts and Rams are pushovers when the Colts are 6-3 and the Rams have shown that they can actually beat good teams and not just feed on the worse teams in the league.

As far as the Dolphins go it wouldn't matter if they were the worse team in the league with the way we play against divisional opponents. If we're lucky we might split them games. Then to say that Seattle doesn't impress you? A 6-4 team that has knocked off some pretty good teams this year but that should be an easy win to you? Jacksonville is the only gimmie the rest of the way and even that's not a guarantee with this team.

I want whatever you're taking if you REALLY believe that this team is going to run the table and make the playoffs. We've lost 14 out of our last 18 games and you think all of a sudden this team is good enough to real off 7 straight wins to end the season? LOL.

Even the top teams in the league have trouble winning 7 games in a row. Only one team in the Falcons made it that far this year with winning 8 games in a row but this crappy inconsistent team is going to do it? I bet you wouldn't but any money in Vegas on it.

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

We were one play from being one game back in the division. How anyone could have watched yesterday's game and not come away from it hungry for more is beyond me.

It's clear to me they are putting the work in and they are scrapping their asses off. This worm is going to turn for them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16019[/ATTACH]
        And the Chiefs only lost by 3 points to the Ravens and the Steelers. and beat New Orleans. I guess they are primed for a run pretty soon too.

The Patriots also only beat the Jets by a FG in a game that went into OT. The Cardinals also beat the Patriots. I guess the Jets should've been primed for a run after that game too.

This thread is so pathetic. I thought for sure the homers would be gone by now. I guess there are a few of them left out there.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

Just keeping it alive.

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Alright... on the road... to pull within one game of a fellow wild card contender.

Indi has beaten:

- Jville
            - Cleveland
            - Minny
            - Tenn
            - Miami
            - Green Bay

They've lost to:

- Jville
            - Chicago
            - New England
            - Jets

Sorry... this is an entirely beatable team. I expect Fitz to have a big game.

A win here opens out the possibility of what I've put out there, given we have 3 consecutive home games against Jville, St. Louis and Seattle following.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Sammy Avalon
                Refugee
                • Aug 2012

We can only make it if we shake off the Jeckyl and Hyde persona. One week the team shows up the other they completely tank. As long as that continues we're 8-8 at best.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Sammy Avalon View Post
                  We can only make it if we shake off the Jeckyl and Hyde persona. One week the team shows up the other they completely tank. As long as that continues we're 8-8 at best.
                  Our defense needs to get all wet like the NYG do, like simply blitz / crush our opponents.

Comment

• coastal
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                    Our defense needs to get all wet like the NYG do, like simply blitz / crush our opponents.
                    Last week it was Dareus turning it on... Would be nice if Mario went all loco all the sudden.

you know... rips his wrist splint off, throws a couple of books in his library, tells his wife "no".

he could light a huge fire with this defense.

Comment

• coastal
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Worst. Thread. Ever.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

This team is agonizingly pathetic. Kiss the playoffs goodbye.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

New thread title. We will go into final game of season with shot at #1 overall pick.

Comment

• BLeonard
                            BoB Sabermetrician
                            • Jan 2003

Worst. Thread. Ever.
                            Gotta give you props for at least bumping this... I'm not the kind of guy to say "I told you so," but......

-Bill

Comment

• coastal
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BLeonard View Post
                              Gotta give you props for at least bumping this... I'm not the kind of guy to say "I told you so," but......

-Bill
                              "I told ya so's" don't hurt any more or less righ now.

Even with Nix and Gailey getting the axe... Who honestly would come here to get us headed in the right direction?

Comment

• jlgarsh
                                • Jan 2010

Last week it was Dareus turning it on... Would be nice if Mario went all loco all the sudden.

you know... rips his wrist splint off, throws a couple of books in his library, tells his wife "no".

he could light a huge fire with this defense.
                                Mario played pretty damn well today....Our D kept us in the game for the most part. Too bad Fitz is terrible!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍