We will go into last game of season with a shot at playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gibby
    Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    • Jun 2006

Re: We will go into last game of season with a shot at playoffs!

Thank you Pittsburgh and Cincy for making our last four games meaningless

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
      Problem on the QB front is we're simply not bad enough to draft the replacement. So we're gonna go into next year with one of these three guys at starting QB. Fitz, Smith or Vick. Because that's what is gonna be available to us. Or we'll take a 2nd round pick and try to make Bray the franchise guy. I don't think any of that is the answer at QB and I'm sure you don't either. So there we are still stuck with crap behind center, Vick would sell some jerseys at least if that counts.

Then we have our defensive woes where we have at least 4 spots to address. LB, S, CB.

And oh we need some WRs for whatever craptastic QB we have to throw the ball to.

Oh then we have a Guard who we must resign, a RT who's a liability and a C who's made of glass.

It's not all coaching that's the problem, sure it's a big problem, but so is the lack of a top flight QB and playmakers besides CJ and Byrd. Oh yeah, we need to resign or tag him too.

A top flight QB would hide a lot of the flaws without question, we're simply not in a position where any will be available to us however.
      Our RT isn't a liability. Hairston is developing but has had a bad run lately. I'd like to add another prospect to the mix but it's not like he hasn't show he can play.

S is not a major need. Resign Byrd and we are OK. Wilson is not great but he hasn't really shown up as a liability either. If anything I'd rather upgrade Bryan Scott with a LB'er that also can start in the standard 4-3 set.

Another young WR is a need. But, as with any draft there are guys throughout the draft that may help. And David Nelson will be back. I think we missed him this year and he would have really added to our offense.

Wood gets injured I agree and I'd be a fan of adding a vet to back him up.

CB will be interesting. I'd like to see a vet added and McGee sent out to pasture. I wouldn't mind resigning Leodis who has played OK in spot duty but has been good in returns. But after that I'm not sure I want another rookie. Williams at the very least can become a backup FS and will add depth to our Nickel. Brooks looked horrible today but is a rookie and was at least in position many times today. Rogers is also developing and Gilmore is a given. There's too much youth there and I'd rather add a vet.

But the issue here is that canning Gailey has nothing to do with any of the above. If anything canning him may mean all new schemes where many players aren't fits and need to be let go. I'd rather not do that.
      Last edited by X-Era; 12-02-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Gibby
        Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
        • Jun 2006

Its now audition time at OBD, Bench Fitz and play Travaris, lets see what we got

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Well that's that.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
            The Voice of Reason
            • Jul 2007

God I hate the Steelers with an undying passion.

Beat Tennessee and Indy, and we're right. There.

Got better things to do on Sunday's now.
            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Gibby View Post
              Thank you Pittsburgh and Cincy for making our last four games meaningless
              Are we mathematically eliminated or just "for all intents and purposes" eliminated?

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                Are we mathematically eliminated or just "for all intents and purposes" eliminated?
                For all intents and purposes, we were done when we lost to Tenn.

And of course we're not mathematically eliminated yet. We can still get to 9 wins. Cincy and Pitts only have 7. Even the crappy Cleveland Browns aren't mathematically eliminated yet.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

You'll see 5-7 Buffalo in the standings but it's more symbolic then realistic.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                    • Sep 2012

No, if we had beaten Indy we'd actually be in a decent position.

And of course we're not mathematically eliminated yet. We can still get to 9 wins. Cincy and Pitts only have 7. Even the crappy Cleveland Browns aren't mathematically eliminated yet.
                    Ok. So they'd have to lose all their games except for the one they play against each other then. We don't have tiebreakers on either I'm assuming.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                      I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                      • Jul 2005

The season wasnt even halfway done when that games was played. It was when the Bills lost to the Colts

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                        The season wasnt even halfway done when that games was played. It was when the Bills lost to the Colts
                        When you're a mediocre team playing an overall weak schedule, when you lose to teams you should beat...you're done.

This team isn't good enough to throw games away.

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

When you're a mediocre team playing an overall weak schedule, when you lose to teams you should beat...you're done.

This team isn't good enough to throw games away.
                          On this we agree.

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

Steelers and Bengals both lose! We're still in it!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                              So your saying there is a chance?

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                                • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                                Give this crap up please!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡