Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Brandon Spikes = thug

  1. #21
    Registered User MST3KBillsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,986
    Thanks
    7,756
    Thanked 2,111 Times in 1,498 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23
    ZoneBux
    109,173.78
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    109,173.78
    Donate

    Re: Brandon Spikes = thug

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    No Gibby... if the NFL's commitment to deal with this kind of behavior is real, Spikes will be fined and suspended.

    If I were Russ Brandon, I'd be asking the NFL for an investigation into the NE organization as Spikes was allegedly out on the field threatening to injure players.

    this is not Bednarik's NFL... Or is it for certain organizations only.
    If Gregg Williams had his bounty system in New England, the NFL shreds all evidence of it and slaps down four game suspensions on Bellichick and Gregg and takes away a first round draft pick and fines the Pats 50 grand. Its no secret that the Pats are the darling pretty boys of the NFL. **** they got away with cheating for years, and nothing was done. Spikes gets fined fifty grand at most and continues doing this **** because its probably encouraged by folks like Bellijerk.

  2. #22
    Hall of Fame Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,693
    Thanks
    6,371
    Thanked 4,039 Times in 2,273 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    24
    ZoneBux
    78,227.83
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    78,227.83
    Donate

    Re: Brandon Spikes = thug

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    If Gregg Williams had his bounty system in New England, the NFL shreds all evidence of it and slaps down four game suspensions on Bellichick and Gregg and takes away a first round draft pick and fines the Pats 50 grand. Its no secret that the Pats are the darling pretty boys of the NFL. **** they got away with cheating for years, and nothing was done. Spikes gets fined fifty grand at most and continues doing this **** because its probably encouraged by folks like Bellijerk.
    You could be right, but if this happens... the Bills should become publicly vocal in their objections.

  3. #23
    Registered User Mski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Williamsville Ny
    Posts
    6,773
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 168 Times in 118 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    28
    ZoneBux
    17,606.82
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    17,606.82
    Donate

    Re: Brandon Spikes = thug

    its Wednesday, has any fine been levied?
    RIP Tommy D!
    12/25/1978-9/9/2008


    If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,424
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 95 Times in 65 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    6
    ZoneBux
    16,716.30
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    16,716.30
    Donate

    Re: Brandon Spikes = thug

    Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post


    Chuck Bednarik...taunting douche for your viewing pleasure.

    I'd take Spikes on my team every day of the week.

    You argue points when its impossible for you to be right
    Please excuse my dumb and pointless topics and posts, i more than likely will not be sober for any of them

  5. #25
    Registered Sex Offender Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the fifth ring of hell
    Posts
    20,114
    Thanks
    512
    Thanked 2,289 Times in 1,391 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    0
    ZoneBux
    83,081.44
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    83,081.44
    Donate

    Re: Brandon Spikes = thug

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    You argue points when its impossible for you to be right
    Give it a rest.

    Spikes made a big hit and celebrated the hit. Much like Bednarik celebrating after knocking Gifford the F out in the pic I posted in the thread. Much like any other player in the NFL does when they make a big hit, Buffalo Bills players included...Shawn Merriman sacks QBs and does a "lights out" dance and people think it's great...not that he ever gets to do it around here but still. Golden Tate laid out Sean Lee earlier in the year and celebrated the hit.

    Spikes celebrating that he made a big hit on Jackson is no different than what any other player in the NFL does when they make a big hit or play.

  6. #26
    Registered User Mski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Williamsville Ny
    Posts
    6,773
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 168 Times in 118 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    28
    ZoneBux
    17,606.82
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    17,606.82
    Donate

    Re: Brandon Spikes = thug

    Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
    Give it a rest.

    Spikes made a big hit and celebrated the hit. Much like Bednarik celebrating after knocking Gifford the F out in the pic I posted in the thread. Much like any other player in the NFL does when they make a big hit, Buffalo Bills players included...Shawn Merriman sacks QBs and does a "lights out" dance and people think it's great...not that he ever gets to do it around here but still. Golden Tate laid out Sean Lee earlier in the year and celebrated the hit.

    Spikes celebrating that he made a big hit on Jackson is no different than what any other player in the NFL does when they make a big hit or play.
    no spike's demonstration wasnt imediately after the hit... he was already on the sidelines with his helment off, and Jackson was being helped off the field... BIG difference to what you're refering to

  7. #27
    Registered User Crisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,488
    Thanks
    374
    Thanked 1,216 Times in 580 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    42
    ZoneBux
    17,655.21
    Bank
    185,663.34
    Total ZoneBux
    203,318.55
    Donate

    Re: Brandon Spikes = thug

    Spikes fined 25k for the hit on Fitz, Mayo and Dennard got fines for the game as well but haven't seen how much.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Quote Originally Posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,352
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 692 Times in 414 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    5
    ZoneBux
    29,001.31
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    29,001.31
    Donate

    Re: Brandon Spikes = thug

    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
    Spikes fined 25k for the hit on Fitz, Mayo and Dennard got fines for the game as well but haven't seen how much.
    Mayo was fined $10K and Dennard $7,875 (not sure how they came up with that amount), both for late hits out-of-bounds.

  9. #29
    Hall of Fame Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,693
    Thanks
    6,371
    Thanked 4,039 Times in 2,273 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    24
    ZoneBux
    78,227.83
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    78,227.83
    Donate

    Re: Brandon Spikes = thug

    No mention of the taunt of an injured player walking off the field?

    no message sent that playing to hurt someone isn't acceptable to the NFL?

    no seriously upping the ante on a player already fined for this kind of behavior?

    no investigation to find out if the Patriots organization supports this kind of behavior?

    The Saints are akin to Lee Harvey Oswald... A patsie (pun intended.)

  10. #30
    Registered User jimmifli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,270
    Thanks
    4,028
    Thanked 3,075 Times in 1,430 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    16
    ZoneBux
    46,449.92
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    46,449.92
    Donate

    Re: Brandon Spikes = thug

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    No mention of the taunt of an injured player walking off the field?

    no message sent that playing to hurt someone isn't acceptable to the NFL?

    no seriously upping the ante on a player already fined for this kind of behavior?

    no investigation to find out if the Patriots organization supports this kind of behavior?

    The Saints are akin to Lee Harvey Oswald... A patsie (pun intended.)
    Meh. He was celebrating a force fumble and legal hit. It took a long time for the pile to clear before we realized Fred was injured.

    I'm glad he was fined.

  11. #31
    Hall of Fame Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,693
    Thanks
    6,371
    Thanked 4,039 Times in 2,273 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    24
    ZoneBux
    78,227.83
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    78,227.83
    Donate

    Re: Brandon Spikes = thug

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmifli View Post
    Meh. He was celebrating a force fumble and legal hit. It took a long time for the pile to clear before we realized Fred was injured.

    I'm glad he was fined.
    Did you see the quotes from a couple of Bills postgame?

    seems to me they perceive Spikes as vocally being out there threatening to injure people.

    how does that differ from New Orleans?

  12. #32
    Registered User Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,646
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 778 Times in 390 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    15
    ZoneBux
    287.77
    Bank
    26,471.86
    Total ZoneBux
    26,759.63
    Donate

    Re: Brandon Spikes = thug

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmifli View Post
    Meh. He was celebrating a force fumble and legal hit. It took a long time for the pile to clear before we realized Fred was injured.

    I'm glad he was fined.
    Spikes was flexing as Freddie was limping off the field after being unconscious. He was celebrating how he caused a concussion. **** him.

  13. Post thanked by:

    coastal (11-17-2012)

  14. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,832
    Thanks
    439
    Thanked 720 Times in 508 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    27
    ZoneBux
    47,723.11
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    47,723.11
    Donate

    Re: Brandon Spikes = thug

    Too bad no Bills player was man enough to drive Spikes' head into the ground.

  15. #34
    Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,355
    Thanks
    1,148
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 788 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    9
    ZoneBux
    4,442.21
    Bank
    555,450.64
    Total ZoneBux
    559,892.85
    Donate

    Re: Brandon Spikes = thug

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    Too bad no Bills player was man enough to drive Spikes' head into the ground.
    He'd probably be run out of the NFL on a rail, knowing our luck.
    "Let me give you some advice, bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you."

    -Tyrion Lannister to Jon Snow, "Game of Thrones"

  16. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,832
    Thanks
    439
    Thanked 720 Times in 508 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    27
    ZoneBux
    47,723.11
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    47,723.11
    Donate

    Re: Brandon Spikes = thug

    Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    He'd probably be run out of the NFL on a rail, knowing our luck.
    I know. The Bills know they have to face the Pats, the refs, and the NFL if they do anything like the Pats do, which is likely why they didn't retaliate. It's amazing that in EVERY Pats game, at least 2 Bills players, usually ones who are killing them, get injured.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •