Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Perfect Time To Point Out The Problem With Our Football Team

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: A Perfect Time To Point Out The Problem With Our Football Team

I really don't think these people are motivated by money. They spend their whole lives giving everything they have to prepare for Sunday's in the NFL. They want to be successful. The money part comes in when you talk about how much money the game is really bringing in and who gets what. But the motivation to go out there and put yourself on the line to win? Does not come down to dollars and sense. The only case I can think of where it might is in a contract year where a player might take more chances with his body to secure a better future...

The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 607 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    I really don't think these people are motivated by money. They spend their whole lives giving everything they have to prepare for Sunday's in the NFL. They want to be successful. The money part comes in when you talk about how much money the game is really bringing in and who gets what. But the motivation to go out there and put yourself on the line to win? Does not come down to dollars and sense. The only case I can think of where it might is in a contract year where a player might take more chances with his body to secure a better future...
    Dollars and cents*, and Kraft doesn't suit up on Sunday. His team does, and the gentlemen he pays to be zebras do as well. This league is so biased it's pathetic.
    Bye Bye Brady...

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER View Post
    People being paid huge money to play a game should need no motivation beyond their over inflated paycheck.
    Unfortunately, money is a poor motivator. But professionals should be self-motivated. The problem is that a lot of these guys are "professionals" only by virtue of receiving that inflated paycheck. The trick is to find the guys that have the professional attitude. This was how our Super Bowl teams were built. That attitude has been lost.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

the problem is they are individually motivated but not motivated as a team. That is the point I am trying to make. If you are making the jump that they are paid well thereby they should be motivated as a team I just don't buy it. The team needs glue that does not exist because it's a weak culture. And after today I get the feeling that Ralph might not be the problem that Russ Brandon is in Ralphs aging years. The organization is all business and no passion. The players from day one are reminded of the business aspect but what about the teamwork and camaraderie required to win? And that is going to be a meeting of the minds between ownership, management, coaching and players that synthesizes a winning attitude on the field from the opening kickoff to the last game of the season. We don't have it. Things are out of whack at OBD.