X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

The Bills should re-sign McKelvin, and move Aaron Williams to Safety

I know his problems in the past, but overall he's an OK CB who rarely gets beat clean. Plus he's super return man.

McGee is shot, pretty much out of the picture from the Bills viewpoint. From my eyes, Gilmore is getting better each week, and has the look of a shutdown corner (not flashy but solid). Brooks is unknown and will remain unknown for awhile. Rogers proved to be 4th CB material at best so far. And I know they are going to draft one next year.

Aaron Williams may have everything you look for a CB except elite speed, which seems to get into his head too much now. Instead of focusing on jamming the receivers, knocking them off the route (his strength), he's tentative, afraid of being beat, which leads to more trouble. I think he might be, just like some draft guru predicted, best suited for safety. I know the Steelers were looking at him during the draft, and some compared him Ryan Clark. At the safety position, his speed becomes a strength and he can play more aggresive, maximizing his strength.

In that scenario, having McKelvin around becomes important. No doubt he'll being looking for a starting gig and I don't know if the Bills will promise him that. But given his performance and statue right now, I cannot believe he'll be expensive to sign into an extension.
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: The Bills should re-sign McKelvin, and move Aaron Williams to Safety

One issue...Williams and Byrd would play the same spot. Neither is a SS.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
      • Sep 2008

In my opinion the Bills should, but wont set an example to the rest of the young players than anyone is expendable on this team, and cut Aaron Williams. He's a bust, McKelvin is better, and Ron Brooks could use more playing time. Again, this is my opinion.

Comment

• streetkings01
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
        Who says he cant play SS? Can he tackle? If he can tackle he can play SS.
        You can call me streetkings

Comment

• jimmifli
          • Nov 2006

I'm fine with Williams as the backup FS. Seems about right given his performance.

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

All I know is Rogers sucks this year.

About Williams, I tend to see he wasn't nearly as good as people touted him as last year, and not quite as bad as people think he is this year. Meh.

Comment

• djjimkelly
              • Apr 2003

ron brooks is a player IMO

and lets wait and see with williams

i think this scheme is making alot of people look alot worse then they are and williams might not be the starter but he could still be a great 3rd or 4th cb

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by streetkings01 View Post
                Anybody whose seen him play CB or in college.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• cookie G
                  • Mar 2003

If it keeps the Bills from wasting another 1st or 2nd round pick on a DB, I say sign him.

Hell, I'll even throw in $20.

Eh, they'd do it anyways.

Comment

• Fixxxer
                    • Jul 2002

While we are talking CB position, can Rogers move to the outside and play well? He has been struggling badly in the slot this year, maybe he is not fit to play there.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

The Bills should cut McKelvin and Aaron Williams and sign two good CB's.

I know, CB's are expensive and good ones are hard to find, so actually doing that is not likely. Still, neither of these two clowns are good enough.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• tomz
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by streetkings01 View Post
                        Actually, one of the unnoticed (or at least one that has not elicited much comment) elements of our poor defense, IMHO, is the complete lack of run support from our corners. Particularly Williams.

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Tackling was one of Williams strengths coming out...

Comment

• streetkings01
                            • Jul 2006

George Wilson converted from a WR to a SS.............I think Williams can make the move.
                            You can call me streetkings

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

A Bills' game hasn't been broadcast in my area since 2009. Do they ever try a S or CB blitz?
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                              X