• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: The Bills should re-sign McKelvin, and move Aaron Williams to Safety

Somebody's going to pay McKelvin more than the Bills believe he is worth.

Once again, we are going to go into the off-season looking for at least 2 CB's.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• kishoph
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
      All I know is Rogers sucks this year.

About Williams, I tend to see he wasn't nearly as good as people touted him as last year, and not quite as bad as people think he is this year. Meh.
      Williams was a corner in college, but most people though he was best suited to play safety in the NFL, hopefully he'll get a chance in next years camp to prove that.

Comment

• zone
        No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
        • Oct 2003

Williams looked really good last year before the injury, I wonder if the scheme change has been his downfall. If not what the heck happened?

McKelvin has played really well on ST but for some reason he can not use his ball skills to make a play on the ball at CB, its mind blowing because he is usually in good position he just can't make a play on the ball. Come to think of it, none of our corners since a healthy healthy McGee years ago make any plays on the ball, or I guess Greer before he left.
        www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Fixxxer
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
          A Bills' game hasn't been broadcast in my area since 2009. Do they ever try a S or CB blitz?
          Searcy blitzed on a run last week and put a nice hit on the pat RB, but we rarely blitz a DB on pass plays.

Comment

• Bill Cody
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
            I know his problems in the past, but overall he's an OK CB who rarely gets beat clean. Plus he's super return man.

McGee is shot, pretty much out of the picture from the Bills viewpoint. From my eyes, Gilmore is getting better each week, and has the look of a shutdown corner (not flashy but solid). Brooks is unknown and will remain unknown for awhile. Rogers proved to be 4th CB material at best so far. And I know they are going to draft one next year.

Aaron Williams may have everything you look for a CB except elite speed, which seems to get into his head too much now. Instead of focusing on jamming the receivers, knocking them off the route (his strength), he's tentative, afraid of being beat, which leads to more trouble. I think he might be, just like some draft guru predicted, best suited for safety. I know the Steelers were looking at him during the draft, and some compared him Ryan Clark. At the safety position, his speed becomes a strength and he can play more aggresive, maximizing his strength.

In that scenario, having McKelvin around becomes important. No doubt he'll being looking for a starting gig and I don't know if the Bills will promise him that. But given his performance and statue right now, I cannot believe he'll be expensive to sign into an extension.
            My name is Sell Local Ralph and I approve this thread.

Comment

Working...
            X