• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

TJ Graham had never run that option route before this past Sunday

Joe Busacglia quoting Stevie Johnson via Twitter.

Quoting the tweets:
    "Stevie Johnson said that TJ Graham had never run the route he did on the #Bills final play vs. NE in either practice or a game."

"Stevie continued: "But in that situation I guess things was hurried up and we had people in positions where maybe they shouldn't have been."

"More from Stevie "I'm more experienced with that route, Donald is and Scott is more experienced with that route... "

"...So I think in that situation we should of had some more experience there."

I love this coaching staff
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Re: TJ Graham had never run that option route before this past Sunday

Jones went out, unfortunately. Someone had to run that spot.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
      Well there was Stevie and Chandler available...
      COMING SOON...

Comment

• imbondz
        Democrats are people too
        • Jan 2003

Stevie Johnson has talked multiple times already about that play, saying 'New England has go to guys - Gronk, Welker, in those situations, we do too, myself, Freddy, CJ, Chandler...'

He's saying in a nice way the coaching staff are idiots for not having a play run w/ one of them.
        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Fine, but Fitz should've known that and never thrown it to him.

Comment

• lmcshadow
            • Nov 2007

Did Easley play?? he should know all the plays by now right
            The enemy deserves no mercy....mercy is for the weak.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

This is just an epic failure on so many levels. First it's on the coaches to make sure Graham is familiar with the route. Second, if he's not familiar with the route, they have two options: a) put in someone that is familiar or b) call a play that requires him to run a route that he DOES know. Third, Fitz should know better than to look in his direction and just throw the ball away. Pissing away a down is not a great option in that situation, but it would have been better than what ended up happening. At least we would have had time for one more chance. Fitz's advantage is supposed to be his Ivy League smarts- where were they on that play?

And, if we didn't piss away a time out in the 3rd after a first down in true Dick Jauron style, then MAYBE we could have called time out in that situation and fixed this ****ing mess.

The level of incompetence displayed by this team is just appalling. And every time I think it can't get any worse, somehow it does.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kishoph
                • Jun 2003

Jones was in on the last play.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

i'm sure stevie's intention for these comments were in the right place, but he isn't helping. it's like the GOP candidates insistance to talk about rape. you'd have wished they'd just stop.

Stevie is either willingly selling the coaching staff down the river (which i doubt because he seems like he likes them) or the dysfunction is so grandoise in Billsland that they don't even see it. i watched this film on North Koreans and they don't even know how bad they got it. and that's essentially stevie.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

the players get fed up. This happens every season too. They know the coaching staff are losers and they get tired. I had this dream last night: The season is over and Chan is sitting at his desk evaluating statistics. He puts his head up and says (with a huge light bulb over it) "Maybe we should have ran CJ more".

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                      Fine, but Fitz should've known that and never thrown it to him.
                      That's it in a nutshell.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Jul 2007

The Patriots were spoon-fed with a win. It was so sad as well to watch the Steelers get handed their win. I have followed the NFL for my entire life, and this week just made me want to contact Mr. Goodell to see if his writers could set me up with a sitcom. If there is no bias in the game or scripts, then the NFL needs to stop hiring mentally handicapped referees or non-betters.

Take away the 82 yard drive for a touchdown, which OH WAIT had 69 yards worth of penalties, and that sad excuse for a team that the NFL bows to looks bad. Their defense is pathetic, their offense isn't even that good as proved by the myriad of pro-home calls. Say what you want, but this game was sent to Warner Bros. and they loved the script.
                        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
                          The Patriots were spoon-fed with a win. It was so sad as well to watch the Steelers get handed their win. I have followed the NFL for my entire life, and this week just made me want to contact Mr. Goodell to see if his writers could set me up with a sitcom. If there is no bias in the game or scripts, then the NFL needs to stop hiring mentally handicapped referees or non-betters.

Take away the 82 yard drive for a touchdown, which OH WAIT had 69 yards worth of penalties, and that sad excuse for a team that the NFL bows to looks bad. Their defense is pathetic, their offense isn't even that good as proved by the myriad of pro-home calls. Say what you want, but this game was sent to Warner Bros. and they loved the script.
                          Are we really still stuck on this?
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                            • Sep 2009

Here's a the All-22 shot of the last play.

Not the best quality, safety on Steve's side moves away after Fitz releases the ball, so Steve wasn't wide open as some claim, would have been a tight throw.

CJ and TJ were the only two options, and like I said on Sunday, I still don't understand why they put a rookie in that situation. Element of surprise, more like element of stupidity.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                              Are we really still stuck on this?
                              of course. it was so obvious that it wasn't real. and no one is talking about this. it was clear as day. i have patriot friends in the office who are like, "those were ridiculous calls"

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍