• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Squish The Fish

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I'm not surprised, you operate in a view that is only black or white. There is plenty of things to enjoy from a loss and plenty of things to dislike from a win. Like you said though that's life.
    I can see disliking things from a win because it has implications for future games. But the goal is always to win. If we do a million things right but end up losing, well, we still lost and failed to reach the goal.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      I don't understand that mentality. As a fan, you want the team to win by definition. If the team doesn't win, what's to enjoy? The only way it makes sense is if you make the enjoyment about something other than winning, and that doesn't make sense in and of itself. With the way this team plays I usually don't enjoy the games, but oh well, that's life. Just because it's supposed to be entertainment and fun doesn't mean it's going to be enjoyable.
      Enjoy being a fan! Get together with friends a root for the Bills. It's better when they win obviously, but that's not the only reason I like them. This team has the best fans in sports. I would rather enjoy the Bills while they're losing than become a bandwagon fan of another team.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

I can see disliking things from a win because it has implications for future games. But the goal is always to win. If we do a million things right but end up losing, well, we still lost and failed to reach the goal.
        Your premise is flawed.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
          Your premise is flawed.
          No it's not. There is nothing fun or enjoyable about losing.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
          Enjoy being a fan! Get together with friends a root for the Bills. It's better when they win obviously, but that's not the only reason I like them. This team has the best fans in sports. I would rather enjoy the Bills while they're losing than become a bandwagon fan of another team.
          I don't know any other Bills fans in Baltimore except R.Rich, and I'm far too cheap to go to a bar and watch the game when it's on at home for free.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mike13
            • Aug 2005

Its always fun bumping these threads when we beat the Bills.
            Lets hope for a Dolphins win.
            Maybe then I'd bump it every day for a week?

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

No it's not. There is nothing fun or enjoyable about losing.
              That wasn't your premise. And are you really going to argue you can't find things to dislike in a win but you can find nothing like in a loss? That's really weak.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mike13 View Post
              Its always fun bumping these threads when we beat the Bills.
              Lets hope for a Dolphins win.
              Maybe then I'd bump it every day for a week?
              Don't worry Op and I will take care of that for you Im sure.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Jaydog57
                Pretty cool for a Fin Fan.
                • Oct 2002

I think we'll come out with a win, and it won't be a blowout, but I think my team is pissed enough after last week to make it happen. Losing a tough one is close, but losing by a blowout at home can get you motivated.
                "There ought to be a room in every house to swear in. It's dangerous to have to repress an emotion like that." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X