• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Bettman should be fired immediately

Bettman is just a puppet. The Owners have 2 camps going, the rich and the poor. That's the problem.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
      You sure about that? You're talking about many kids who don't even attend college, you really think they can make a career with their basic HS diploma or GED?
      Absolutely, both countries are "free", any one of the players can try to get a job doing whatever they want. Not saying that they can get that job, but they don't have to play in the NHL

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly View Post
        Absolutely, both countries are "free", any one of the players can try to get a job doing whatever they want. Not saying that they can get that job, but they don't have to play in the NHL
        Yes but you're advocating a player simply stop doing what in some cases is the only thing they know. So they go from making millions to making just above minimum wage? Not really sure that's an option for guys who have families, kids, and other bills (house(s), cars, etc.).

So yes they almost do.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ckg927
          Not quite Best in the World....
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
          Bettman is just a puppet. The Owners have 2 camps going, the rich and the poor. That's the problem.
          And, sadly, Buffalo's in the latter. I have to presume that Pegs, deep down, just wants to see hockey-even if he, like every other owner, voted for the lockout.
          "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍