Thread: our defense in context of this game

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

our defense in context of this game

have we really started to gel? or did we just play a miami team that scored only 3 points against the titans who gave up 51 to the bears and 7 points against a bills team that gave up 52 against the patriots. Perhaps their offense is really bad.

hopefully the positive momentum builds for the defenders and they just start putting it together.

i'm really torn. this game, the bills actually were in the right spots and shedded blockers and they made tackles at the point of impact. the weeks theyve been terrible, they just were a sloppy tackling team that couldn't get off the blocks. I'm having a hard time wondering if this is a season changing game we witnessed where they start getting a lot better, or they just beat up on a weak offense. On one hand the dominance of holding a team to 2 first downs and 50 yards in a half is no small feat no matter how bad an offense is. i don't remember the jauron anemic offenses having 50 yards in a half. On the other hand, we soundly spanked the chiefs and browns in similar fashion.

Thoughts?

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,002 Times in 2,184 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: our defense in context of this game

I thought Miami's offense was atrocious. Had more to do with their ineptitude than our D gelling. Tannehill missed some wide open receivers. I was happy with our run D though, didn't give up any big runs.

The fact we only won by 5 pts when only allowing a team to gain 2 first downs in a half, and 50 total yards, while never getting over the 50 yard line, is scary.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

3. Post thanked by:

YardRat (11-16-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,330 Times in 2,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

our defense was helped greatly by Tannihill... and their poor run blocking. The biggest improvement I saw was from Darius, who finally looked like he gave a damn.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

5. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (11-16-2012),trapezeus (11-16-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't doubt that Miami's offense is pretty bad. Even so, at least in some areas, Miami's offense performed worse against the Bills than they have on average so fat this season. They shut down Reggie Bush, and while Bush has not had a very good season, I don't think even the Titans shut him down quite as completely as did the Bills.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

7. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (11-16-2012)

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You know how Gailey always gets his act together to go in and thump Kansas City? That's his revenge game and I think this was Wannestadt's. Had Gailey not gotten cute on third and short in the redzone multipe times, we could have closed this one out by halftime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    I don't doubt that Miami's offense is pretty bad. Even so, at least in some areas, Miami's offense performed worse against the Bills than they have on average so fat this season. They shut down Reggie Bush, and while Bush has not had a very good season, I don't think even the Titans shut him down quite as completely as did the Bills.
    Bush utterly dominated us in our own house last year.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

9. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (11-16-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The dolphins are in a slump offensively so I can't use them as a measuring stick.We were also playing them at the Ralph. Until we consistently play well vs. great offenses, it's still meh. The Pats scored almost on ever series last week and had several drops on their part.

11. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (11-16-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,468 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I won't be getting too excited until they can string some decent performances together.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

13. Post thanked by:

Jeff1220 (11-16-2012),trapezeus (11-20-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Miami's offense might be bad but don't forget the Bills D was ranked dead last going into last nights game. I think the front 4 played a decent game but I was even more impressed by the run coverage of the LBs. Granted the LB pass coverage is still something to be desired.

15. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (11-20-2012)