• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: Time to blow this team up

If we follow Houston's model, we should be in the playoffs by 2018!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

It starts and ends with the Quarterback, period

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
        David Shaw of Stanford looks like he's done even a better job at Stanford than Harbaugh. His D looks good. O playcalling is excellent. Resembles an NFL team. Tough and physical. Smart. Being black may help the players respond to him. Luck loved the guy.
        Father was a long time NFL asst. coach. He's had a couple stnts as an asst. in the NFL, so he knows what is expected. If Nix retires and Whaley takes over, I could see the attraction and it's justified. Far better option than the gadget driven unknown in Chip Kelly. Call Shaw and let him bring his staff.
        He may never leave Stanford. That's his dream job.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• El Guapo
          • May 2007

Originally posted by fmr60 View Post
          If the Bills don't do anything positive in the off-season then there will be a big drop in season ticket sales next year. And I will participate in the drop.
          Me too. Tired of this broken record.
          A Bills fan in Dixie. How did that happen?

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Blown up? Why? So we can get rid of the talent we have and start over again? That makes no sense.

We have a good OL and a DL that is coming to together. We have a #1 WR, a TE and 2 top RBs. We have a #1CB, and a solid FS.

Serious help needed --> LB corps (at least 2 new LBs), SS (we need a SS with more instinct and range), slot CB (we don't have anyone that can cover a slot receiver), #2WR (we need a big WR opposite Stevie), QB (we need a QB with a better arm)

Basically, the things we have been asking for for the last 10 years we finally have, we've been preaching that the team need to be built from the Lines out.

Now we actually have done that and ppl want to blow it up? How about we put more talent behind those lines and continue building instead?

Comment

• djjimkelly
              • Apr 2003

we need a qb period of course we need a few other pieces but this team is ready to compete with a proper qb i have no doubt about that

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
                we need a qb period of course we need a few other pieces but this team is ready to compete with a proper qb i have no doubt about that
                Yeah I think a better QB would hide a lot of our weaknesses. No team has PBers at every position or even good players at every position, but a QB and a MLB/QB/Big hitter on defense would make us very competitive.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                  • Jun 2009

Just once this season I would like to see Spiller with 25 carries and see what happens. Let's run the offensive gameplan around him instead of Fitz.

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

In all seriousness, I think the O line is performing well.

I think the D line has the talent, but has underachieved for several reasons, the least of which is coaching.

I believe if your lines are intact, you aren't too far off. By that I mean, and entire franchise blow up is not in order here. (again)

The Bills problem, is that the most glaring need is at QB, and the difference makers don't just grow on trees.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                      It starts and ends with the Quarterback, period
                      The quarterback didn't give up a S/T touchdown. The quarterback didn't punt inside the 35. The quarterback didn't allow 50% conversion rate on 3rd downs, including a 3rd and 11 and 3rd and 17. The quarterback didn't allow a 6 minute drive. The quarterback didn't limit CJ Spiller to 15 touches.

No doubt the QB sucks and needs to be replaced, but the problems with this team go far beyond QB.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                        • Jun 2024

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        No doubt the QB sucks and needs to be replaced, but the problems with this team go far beyond QB.
                        Far far far beyond.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                          Our OL played like trash today, last week as well, but fans overlook that because Spiller can make people miss and Fitz is just so terrible you overlook how bad Hairston and Urbik have been.
                          You want to see a terrible OL, watch Chicago. Yet with Cutler, the Bears have a chance to go to the Super Bowl even with a terrible OL. A GOOD QB will fix much of the Bills problems IMO.

Comment

• mjt328
                            • May 2011

Our biggest issue is QB.
                            But this coach clearly isn't the answer either, so it's time to replace both.

I'll admit, there are times I've thought Chan was doing a good job on the offensive side of the ball.
                            He clearly does an excellent job at designing plays, disguising run vs. pass and generally keeping the defense off balance.
                            I think he also does a good job at protecting the quarterback, and getting the most out of marginal offensive players.

However, his gameday playcalling is terrible.
                            Instead of relying on his best players (Spiller), he's always looking to exploit matchups. It doesn't matter how well our run game is going, or how poorly Fitz is throwing.
                            A defense doesn't need to stop our running game. All they need to do is stack the box, and Chan will throw 40 times a game. Even if Spiller is averaging 10 yards a carry.

Chan also deserves blame for the failed Fitz experiment.
                            After his first season on the job, he should have DEMANDED that Buddy draft a prospect for him to develop. Instead, he puffed up his chest and concluded that he could win with Fitzpatrick.
                            Meanwhile, the Bills passed on Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick in 2011, and Russell Wilson in 2012.
                            (Don't be surprised if Ryan Mallett and/or Brock Osweiler develop into decent starters when they get a chance as well).

Not to mention that Chan has ZERO control over the defense - and picked a complete moron to run the other side of the ball.
                            2013 "My Should Have" Draft
                            Posted During the 2013 Draft
                            1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
                            2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                            2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
                            3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
                            4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
                            5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
                            6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
                            7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
                            1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
                            2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                            2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
                            3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
                            4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
                            5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
                            6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
                            7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Comment

• gebobs
                              One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              The quarterback didn't give up a S/T touchdown. The quarterback didn't punt inside the 35. The quarterback didn't allow 50% conversion rate on 3rd downs, including a 3rd and 11 and 3rd and 17. The quarterback didn't allow a 6 minute drive. The quarterback didn't limit CJ Spiller to 15 touches.
                              Would you like me to mention all the dumbass things Fitz did do yesterday and over the course of the last full season? Look at Andrew Luck and tell me the Bills wouldn't be vying for the division lead if we had him instead of Tred redux?
                              Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• TigerJ
                                • Jul 2002

I have mixed feelings on Gailey. He does some good things, and I'm not certain that his offenses are that easy for opposing DCs to figure out if you have the QB who can operate the offense effectively. After all Spiller is having a top 3 all time season as far as yards per carry is concerned this season. Still, if Wilson cans him after the season, I could certainly understand it. I think the talent level has been increasing under the Nix regime, and I don't know that we've reached the ceiling. If we find a decent QB and upgrade the linebackingmaybe that will be enough to win us more games. I know we're all tired of waiting, but I'm also wary blowing up the team every three years. Teams that have a history of that never seem to get better. Oakland is another case in point.
                                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X