• Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Time to blow this team up

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
    No steps forward? Really?

From 1999 to 2010 the Bills put up more than 20 points on the Patriots once... 9/14/2009. Yet since Gailey has been here they have done it 5 out of 6 times.

Beating the Pats on a consistent basis is the name of the game in the AFC East and because the Pats are so good, if we can beat them we basically are a playoff team.

The defense is the issue. In that same time span, the defense allowed over 20 points 14 out of 20 times. And since Gailey they have allowed over 20 points every time (all 6 contests).

The offense has made a big step forward under Gailey. Get rid of Gailey and we may go back to another decade of crappy offense as well. Yet, change the DC and a few solid pieces at LB and we may become a playoff caliber team.

In my opinion it's an easier route.
    Im sorry but I will never agree to points based on points scored v a single team. You don't win a Super Bowl by scoring the most points.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
      Im sorry but I will never agree to points based on points scored v a single team. You don't win a Super Bowl by scoring the most points.
      Ummm...

Lol. I know what you meant.

My point is that beating the Pats consistently is a microcosm of being a playoff caliber team. If our team was good enough to split each year with them we will also be good enough to get to the playoffs and obviously would be in contentio for winning the division.

Comment

• gebobs
        One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
        • Sep 2003

Ummm...

Heh...I saw that too. I was going to post something snide, but your response is better.

My point is that beating the Pats consistently is a microcosm of being a playoff caliber team. If our team was good enough to split each year with them we will also be good enough to get to the playoffs and obviously would be in contention for winning the division.
        Unfortunately, Chan is 1-5 against them. If it's progress, it ain't much progress. More than likely, it was just an anomaly, just like '03 was. Like '03, it was a perfect storm of our quarterback playing well and Brady having a rare off day against us (he's 20-2 v. Buffalo).

The Bills weren't likely to repeat that again this year and it's not likely to happen next year or any year as long as Brady is on the Pats and the Bills don't have anyone even remotely comparable.
        Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Ummm...

My point is that beating the Pats consistently is a microcosm of being a playoff caliber team. If our team was good enough to split each year with them we will also be good enough to get to the playoffs and obviously would be in contentio for winning the division.
          But they aren't.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Splitting with the pats every year means nothing when you lose to teams you SHOULD beat like the titans and colts. A team like that may or may not make playoffs but I doubt it will ever be a SB team.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Ummm...

Really, we split with them last year and what did that get us? 6-10.

Comment

Working...
              X