Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 201 to 205 of 205

Thread: Kent St....My God....

  1. #201
    Registered User DraftBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    70,444
    Thanks
    1,076
    Thanked 4,433 Times in 2,589 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    182
    ZoneBux
    268,438.07
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    268,438.07
    Donate

    Re: Kent St....My God....

    Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    I don't see the need for auto-bids, except that the money gets spread evenly.

    But that wouldn't be my intent with a playoff scheme. It would be to have the best 8 teams in it.

    I think you can make an argument that it is more like the NFL, with each div. leader getting in the playoffs, but in the NFL, half of their games are outside the division.

    In college, with many of the teams, you have 1 or 2 warm up games and then the conference schedule.

    A team from a weak conference can play its two warm up games, go through an easy conference schedule and then end up at the dance.

    If it were me, I'd push for more interconference games during the season.
    I would argue those are the best 8 teams, maybe a case for A&M over one of them, but otherwise who the hell is missing, and don't give me any of that South Carolina crap.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

  2. #202
    Registered User cookie G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,318
    Thanks
    474
    Thanked 2,184 Times in 905 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    17
    ZoneBux
    30,040.43
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    30,040.43
    Donate

    Re: Kent St....My God....

    Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I would argue those are the best 8 teams, maybe a case for A&M over one of them, but otherwise who the hell is missing, and don't give me any of that South Carolina crap.
    This year that would look like;
    1 Notre Dame v. 8. Georgia
    2. Alabama v. 7. Oregon
    3. Kansas State v. 6. Florida
    4. Stanford v. 5. Louisville

    How did you keep Wisconsin, or any other Big 10 team, from the auto-bid process?
    I don't know in which universe that Louisville is a top 8 team.

    But, you can't have everything.

    I just don't see the Big 10 saying, "yeah, we'll step aside this year and won't send one of our teams.

  3. #203
    Registered User DraftBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    70,444
    Thanks
    1,076
    Thanked 4,433 Times in 2,589 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    182
    ZoneBux
    268,438.07
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    268,438.07
    Donate

    Re: Kent St....My God....

    Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    This year that would look like;
    1 Notre Dame v. 8. Georgia
    2. Alabama v. 7. Oregon
    3. Kansas State v. 6. Florida
    4. Stanford v. 5. Louisville

    How did you keep Wisconsin, or any other Big 10 team, from the auto-bid process?
    I don't know in which universe that Louisville is a top 8 team.

    But, you can't have everything.

    I just don't see the Big 10 saying, "yeah, we'll step aside this year and won't send one of our teams.
    Mistake on leaving out the B1G.

    Why do you have Louisville at 5 and then later on say you don't know which universe they are a Top 8 team in?

  4. #204
    Registered User cookie G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,318
    Thanks
    474
    Thanked 2,184 Times in 905 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    17
    ZoneBux
    30,040.43
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    30,040.43
    Donate

    Re: Kent St....My God....

    Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Mistake on leaving out the B1G.
    You tried to slip it by them, huh? I appreciate the effort, but they'd notice.

    Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Why do you have Louisville at 5 and then later on say you don't know which universe they are a Top 8 team in?
    That's your list.

    Mine would be

    SEC 1
    SEC 2
    SEC 3
    SEC 4
    SEC 5
    Kansas State
    Kansas
    University of Buffalo

  5. #205
    Registered User DraftBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    70,444
    Thanks
    1,076
    Thanked 4,433 Times in 2,589 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    182
    ZoneBux
    268,438.07
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    268,438.07
    Donate

    Re: Kent St....My God....

    Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    You tried to slip it by them, huh? I appreciate the effort, but they'd notice.



    That's your list.

    Mine would be

    SEC 1
    SEC 2
    SEC 3
    SEC 4
    SEC 5
    Kansas State
    Kansas
    University of Buffalo
    Seems fair.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •