Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bleacher Report Has Bills taking.....a DT

Thanks
    Thanked 3,412 Times in 1,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bleacher Report Has Bills taking.....a DT

I'm really starting to jump on the Tyler Wilson bandwagon, but I'm already reading things about how his stock is only going to rise and he could end up being the #1 QB taken.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cynical View Post
    Trade every damn pick we have for a legitimate franchise QB. It's that simple. How many super bowl winning teams have done it with a veteran QB they got from FA? Favre doesn't really count - he only had a year in ATL. Warner was lightning in a bottle. Can't think of any legit examples (there may be some but can't off top of my head)

No, we need to double down on the next RG3/Luck/Newton/etc. or this team will never move forward. JM2c.
    Teams with franchise QBs generally don't trade them unless they feel they have another franchise QB in place. In looking over the NFL quickly I can't see any team that would move their franchise QB with the exception of San Diego but they don't have a replacement for Phillip Rivers yet they could depending what they do on draft day. That said I wouldn't want Rivers.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I'm really starting to jump on the Tyler Wilson bandwagon, but I'm already reading things about how his stock is only going to rise and he could end up being the #1 QB taken.
    Wilson's numbers have tailed off his senior season both in completion percentage and amount of INTs has increased which is a little bit of a concern. If anything his stock is cooling and think he could fall to Round 2 which is good place to look. Yet if I was taking a QB in Round 2 than EJ Manuel is a guy I might place at the top of my list.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,934 Times in 3,490 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    If Dareus or Kyle get hurt what happens? You're starting garbage at that point. I also found it funny that Dareus came off the field after his sack against the Colts, Spencer Johnson or Carrington came in, 3rd and long was converted. Team needs DT depth bit time.
    We're starting garbage at QB now and our starter's not hurt. Our LB's are garbage. You have much bigger needs than depth.

5. Post thanked by:

jlgarsh (11-29-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,412 Times in 1,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    Wilson's numbers have tailed off his senior season both in completion percentage and amount of INTs has increased which is a little bit of a concern. If anything his stock is cooling and think he could fall to Round 2 which is good place to look. Yet if I was taking a QB in Round 2 than EJ Manuel is a guy I might place at the top of my list.
    I think the scouts will recognize the difficult circumstances he faced this year and not care about his numbers as much. He still has a lot of talent.

Registered User Extremebillsfan247's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Sometime I think the writers on these sites just look at a few stats and make a silly prediction. This author at least seemed to know the D-Line personnel. That being said, he either thinks that Darius is bust or overlooked him completely.

This one has us taking a DT...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-round/page/11
    The sad thing is if that DT turns out to be the best available player when the Bills are on the board in the first, you can bet they draft him regardless if we need a DT, or not. That's what Nix does. He's all about best player available with that first pick. That's how we ended up with Spiller. JMO

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Baltimore, and San Francisco (Young). Two of those won with D though.

But it is extremely rare, you're right on that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Don't forget Dawson, Plunkett, and Williams.
    All of those examples except Brees (and Dilfer/Johnson, who as you said don't really count - those D's were 100% responsible for the win) were before FA came into existence in 1993. Not that that means a ton but worth noting. Also the game has changed in the past 20 years back to a passing league putting more importance on the QB. But yeah, just pretty damn rare and definitely not the most likely way to win a SB.
    Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 11-29-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I still see some occasional mocks projecting Buffalo will take an offensive tackle. Idiots. I can see QB or LB or CB, or even a DE, but there is no way they draft an offensive tackle in round 1.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    We need a damn QB and 3 linebackers before we do anything.
    that's not how you spell cornerback, sorry I am attempting to see this from Chan and Buddy's mindset

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cynical View Post
    Trade every damn pick we have for a legitimate franchise QB. It's that simple. How many super bowl winning teams have done it with a veteran QB they got from FA? Favre doesn't really count - he only had a year in ATL. Warner was lightning in a bottle. Can't think of any legit examples (there may be some but can't off top of my head)

No, we need to double down on the next RG3/Luck/Newton/etc. or this team will never move forward. JM2c.
    If you look at the last 13 drafts the Bills had there are so many busts. Doubling down is not a bad idea especially if there is a good QB prospect there. The Bills miss out on the top talent even when it falls in their laps. At this point I would not oppose doubling down every year until we draft a franchise QB.
    Please Make Sense