X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Bleacher Report Has Bills taking.....a DT

Sometime I think the writers on these sites just look at a few stats and make a silly prediction. This author at least seemed to know the D-Line personnel. That being said, he either thinks that Darius is bust or overlooked him completely.

This one has us taking a DT...

Finally, the NFL and college football seasons are providing us with some clarity regarding the disparity between teams. The end result comes in the form of a fresh 2013 NFL mock draft with Thanksgiving Day closing fast...
    Please Make Sense
  • JoeMama
    Emotion Sickness
    • Oct 2002

Re: Bleacher Report Has Bills taking.....a DT

Don't worry, we're not taking a DT.

Everyone knows the ******s who run this team want a CB.

Just another one to add to the pile.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Ed
      • Sep 2002

Well he's not wrong about the Bills being terrible against the run, but the main issue seems to be with our LB's. I could see them drafting DL if they switched back to a 3-4 again.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

Lets look at the talent on the DL for a moment.

Kyle Williams, Marcell Dareus, and Mario Williams, those are sure bets.

Then we have Anderson who's posted two good season in his entire NFL career, also bounced around a lot. Kyle Moore has shown flashes in spot duty but it's a small sample size, so you can't make much of it yet.

Finally there's Troup, Carrington, Spencer Johnson, Chris Kelsay, and the corpse of Shawn Merriman.

Yeah, we need DL help if you ask me, but I'd rather go DE than DT. It shouldn't be disregarded when we only have 3 good players on the line.

Comment

• jamze132
          • Jun 2003

We need a damn QB and 3 linebackers before we do anything.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

I can never disagree with taking a guy worthy of our pick when we pick. But, DT is one of our last needs IMO.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
              I can never disagree with taking a guy worthy of our pick when we pick. But, DT is one of our last needs IMO.
              If Dareus or Kyle get hurt what happens? You're starting garbage at that point. I also found it funny that Dareus came off the field after his sack against the Colts, Spencer Johnson or Carrington came in, 3rd and long was converted. Team needs DT depth bit time.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                Well he's not wrong about the Bills being terrible against the run, but the main issue seems to be with our LB's. I could see them drafting DL if they switched back to a 3-4 again.
                I agree. It's the linebacking Buffalo needs to address now. BTW, I think Buffalo has made some strides in run defense recently. There's still lots of room for improvement, but I think Bradham's maturation is helping a bit. Also, Marcel Dareus is starting to make his presence felt, and Mario Williams too.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                  If Dareus or Kyle get hurt what happens? You're starting garbage at that point. I also found it funny that Dareus came off the field after his sack against the Colts, Spencer Johnson or Carrington came in, 3rd and long was converted. Team needs DT depth bit time.
                  DT depth. Not a Top 10 pick.

This mock is silly. They have a guy named Bjoern in the Top 10. Guys named Bjeorn only go Top 10 in the NHL draft. Then they have T'eo as the third LB off the board and only 1 QB in the first round. Sillyness.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Trade every damn pick we have for a legitimate franchise QB. It's that simple. How many super bowl winning teams have done it with a veteran QB they got from FA? Favre doesn't really count - he only had a year in ATL. Warner was lightning in a bottle. Can't think of any legit examples (there may be some but can't off top of my head)

No, we need to double down on the next RG3/Luck/Newton/etc. or this team will never move forward. JM2c.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical View Post
                      Trade every damn pick we have for a legitimate franchise QB. It's that simple. How many super bowl winning teams have done it with a veteran QB they got from FA? Favre doesn't really count - he only had a year in ATL. Warner was lightning in a bottle. Can't think of any legit examples (there may be some but can't off top of my head)
                      New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Baltimore, and San Francisco (Young). Two of those won with D though.

But it is extremely rare, you're right on that point.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Parzival
                        This is a list: They're my demands
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical View Post

No, we need to double down on the next RG3/Luck/Newton/etc. or this team will never move forward. JM2c.

I dont think there one of those guys this year. Barkley is the big name you hear and we do not, do not want him, and certainly not as our first pick.

I wanted Russell Wilson...
                        Over thinking, over analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                          That goes for every position. But it's not as much of a hole as other areas which is why you'd rather address other areas first.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                            New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Baltimore, and San Francisco (Young). Two of those won with D though.

But it is extremely rare, you're right on that point.
                            Don't forget Dawson, Plunkett, and Williams.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

FWIW, I would go with Barrett Jones, one of the three LBers they have projected going before us (because they won't, and I'd prefer Te'o), or 'reach' for a QB instead of waiting for the second round.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍