Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

Quote Originally Posted by dannyek71 View Post
    As a Christian, I've always had trouble with the argument that God was against condom use. So God would rather have diseases being spread and unwanted pregnancies??
    Did god not create those diseases?
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER View Post
    yes, public employment should replace welfare.

Yeah, we're not taxed enough already right? our state's budgets just all have surpluses too, right?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    My problem isn't wanting only a portion of people to have money to spend in a "consumer based free enterprise economy". It is creating an unnecessary beauracracy (much like Unemployment insurance) which creates government dependence, and makes it harder for those who do earn for themselves, along with businesses to operate. Example, if we did away with Unemployment Insurance, employers would be able to save money, and not have to pay for their employees to have a UI fund in the event of layoffs, but they also wouldn't be paying the unnecessary beauracracy's salaries. Granted, there are people who do posess disabilities who really do need a helping hand - but to weed the parasites out, why do we not require them to do community service - a set amount every month - based on the amount of benefits that they earn. 8 hours of community service for every $100 in social benefits one uses sounds very reasonable to me - since they get their hand outs, why can't they give something back - like providing working class people with free daycare at churches who seem to have no shortage of volunteers to supervise them. or they can do grafiti abatement, litter removal, work at convalescent homes - there is a ton of stuff that the state could do with the welfare dependent who do absolutely nothing for anyone else, but expect others to do stuff for them - maybe if they saw what others had to do to make their life styles possible, maybe, just maybe they would learn to appreciate the working class.
    "Welfare recipients should do what criminals do in jail!" Sure, Obama's the one engaging in class warfare. Sure.

Hey man, wanna breed? Spartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,810 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    The real problem isn't the existence of a safety net and where the lines should be drawn to determine what is acceptable and what isn't.

The real problem is nobody has a viable solution. Nobody.
    That's not true.

Just because the right are intransigent civiliztion haters doesn't mean that solutions aren't viable/

Just unattainable under present circumstances.

Circumstances can change.
    boisterous hubris, arrogance, self deception, conspiracy, mud slinging mixed with a heavy dose of self righteousness.

5. Post thanked by:

denverboz (12-02-2012)

It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,008 Times in 1,719 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    That's not true.

Just because the right are intransigent civiliztion haters doesn't mean that solutions aren't viable/

Just unattainable under present circumstances.

Circumstances can change.
    Well, if you really want to go in that direction the solutions the left crying-towel huggers have aren't viable either under present circumstances.

That's the whole point.

Long you live and high you fly And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry And all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,643 Times in 2,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

I miss God of the Old Testament, who left a trail of kicked asses in His wake.

Jesus with his tie-dyed fantasies like "take care of the poor, be kind to your neighbor, turn the other cheek to your enemies," blah blah blah.

How did God of the Old Testament give birth to this wuss???

God of the Old Testament would not only hate condoms, He would probably rain down a swarm of locusts to eat your testicles if you didn't begat at least 100 kids from 20 different concubines.

Jesus probably would have approved of condoms (because he sucks), but the God I read about in the Old Testament wouldn't tolerate that kind of bull****.

He'd back-flip off his cloud and dropkick iniquitous condom users right in their ugly faces.
    Last edited by JoeMama; 12-02-2012 at 07:47 PM.

8. Post thanked by:

gebobs (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

My problem isn't wanting only a portion of people to have money to spend in a "consumer based free enterprise economy".
    It's not your problem, it's everyone's problem.

You can't have a consumer based free enterprise economy if only a small fraction of the population has money to spend.

And tell me, what's the difference between giving people money (welfare) and requiring them to work for it and just hiring them?

They need to be supervised in any case, so administration is the same.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Well, if you really want to go in that direction the solutions the left crying-towel huggers have aren't viable either under present circumstances.

That's the whole point.
    The point is that solutions are not viable or not viable just because one group won't go along with them for political reasons.

4 is a viable solution for the question "what does 2 + 2 equal?", whether you want to agree or not.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post

Patti

This is a flaw in the system. I got a raise this year but am now worse off overall because I got cut off from help for my health insurance.

It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,008 Times in 1,719 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

The point is that solutions are not viable or not viable just because one group won't go along with them for political reasons.
    Granted, but your interpretation/definition of 'one group' is incorrect, skewed by personal bias.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Did god not create those diseases?
    "Love thy neighbor"
    [

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

The average heroine addict spends about 150 per day on the addicition. That is unprecedented willingness to earn 54,750 per year. AND it goes back into the economy. All without flipping a burger.

- - - Updated - - -

The average heroine addict spends about 150 per day on the addicition. That is unprecedented willingness to earn 54,750 per year. AND it goes back into the economy. All without flipping a burger.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

You can't have a consumer based free enterprise economy if only a small fraction of the population has money to spend.

And tell me, what's the difference between giving people money (welfare) and requiring them to work for it and just hiring them?

How much supervision would a bunch of welfare mommas need to watch the children of people who go to work and pay taxes? how much supervision would a graffiti abatement crew really need? how hard is it to get out there, and either cover up some graffiti (which would probably make a big dent in the graffiti because something tells me that a lot of the kids who are doing it have parents who are dependent on the system), or sand blast it off? there is a ton of stuff that society could do to make the government dependent who are able bodied get out their and repay their debt to the working class.

I think every $100 dollars of entitlement that someone draws should equal 8 hours of community service. I think a lot of the working class families out there would agree - why should they have to pay for day care when there are able bodied women who could watch their children who do nothing as it is? there is no logic to not implementing such programs.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

You know, there was a time when money didn't exist, and commerce still flourished, it's called barter.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

the difference between making someone work for their hand out and just hiring them is that if you do not make them work for it, they get a false sense of entitlement. If you make them work for it, they will appreciate those who do work to provide for the total strangers who right now have no obligations to contribute to society. Supervision can be carried out by people who already work in the field. day care centers can use the extra hands, churches can use one or two people who spend their day at their respective churches anyways to supervise, and sign off on the dependent having been there and adequately helping out. And if they have to actually get out of their house and away from watching Jerry Springer or their retarded soap operas, maybe, just maybe it will make them realize that it really isn't that hard to get off your ass and go to work every morning like a responsible person should.
    Last edited by ublinkwescore; 12-03-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

If you make them work for it, they will appreciate those who do work to provide for the total strangers who right now have no obligations to contribute to society. Supervision can be carried out by people who already work in the field. day care centers can use the extra hands, churches can use one or two people who spend their day at their respective churches anyways to supervise, and sign off on the dependent having been there and adequately helping out.
    So if I'm a slimy CEO of a multimillion dollar day care center corporation, what is stopping me from systematically getting "extra help" from "dependents" for free and getting rid of my excess parasitic full time workers that are eating up my profits?

19. Post thanked by:

MST3KBillsfan (12-05-2012),Spartacus (12-03-2012)

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

How much supervision would a bunch of welfare mommas need to watch the children of people who go to work and pay taxes? how much supervision would a graffiti abatement crew really need? how hard is it to get out there, and either cover up some graffiti (which would probably make a big dent in the graffiti because something tells me that a lot of the kids who are doing it have parents who are dependent on the system), or sand blast it off? there is a ton of stuff that society could do to make the government dependent who are able bodied get out their and repay their debt to the working class.

I think every $100 dollars of entitlement that someone draws should equal 8 hours of community service. I think a lot of the working class families out there would agree - why should they have to pay for day care when there are able bodied women who could watch their children who do nothing as it is? there is no logic to not implementing such programs.
    Really??? Would you leave your child...a totally innocent and untrained life...with some random person previously on welfare who may or may not give a crap about your child or have the proper training to know how to handle themselves with one?

That tells me either a) you have no kids and don't know what you are talking about or b) you have kids, your wife handles everything when it comes to them and you don't know what you're talking about.

21. Post thanked by:

MST3KBillsfan (12-05-2012)

CJ SPILLER SPEED! NOT THE DUDE...'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Yeah, we're not taxed enough already right? our state's budgets just all have surpluses too, right?

so when markets move for w/e reason, those people are just ****ed. it's not a matter of choice/opinion but rather keeping your capitalist system stable. otherwise people dont eat, and they come after you. dont be so ideological

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER View Post
    so when markets move for w/e reason, those people are just ****ed. it's not a matter of choice/opinion but rather keeping your capitalist system stable. otherwise people dont eat, and they come after you. dont be so ideological

and since people are doing community service instead of sitting at home, i would imagine that would be cheaper, because they are creating production/wealth in a community...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

again, you cant tell someone to get a good job, be for free markets, and then not offer a good job... lol