Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 185

Thread: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

  1. #121
    Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atwater, Ca.
    Posts
    18,962
    Thanks
    1,203
    Thanked 307 Times in 193 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51
    ZoneBux
    28,253.60
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    28,253.60
    Donate

    Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyek71 View Post
    As a Christian, I've always had trouble with the argument that God was against condom use. So God would rather have diseases being spread and unwanted pregnancies??
    Did god not create those diseases?
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

  2. #122
    Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atwater, Ca.
    Posts
    18,962
    Thanks
    1,203
    Thanked 307 Times in 193 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51
    ZoneBux
    28,253.60
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    28,253.60
    Donate

    Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER View Post
    yes, public employment should replace welfare.

    Yeah, we're not taxed enough already right? our state's budgets just all have surpluses too, right?

  3. #123
    Registered User ICRockets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,394
    Thanks
    546
    Thanked 746 Times in 423 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    8
    ZoneBux
    17,999.57
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    17,999.57
    Donate

    Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    My problem isn't wanting only a portion of people to have money to spend in a "consumer based free enterprise economy". It is creating an unnecessary beauracracy (much like Unemployment insurance) which creates government dependence, and makes it harder for those who do earn for themselves, along with businesses to operate. Example, if we did away with Unemployment Insurance, employers would be able to save money, and not have to pay for their employees to have a UI fund in the event of layoffs, but they also wouldn't be paying the unnecessary beauracracy's salaries. Granted, there are people who do posess disabilities who really do need a helping hand - but to weed the parasites out, why do we not require them to do community service - a set amount every month - based on the amount of benefits that they earn. 8 hours of community service for every $100 in social benefits one uses sounds very reasonable to me - since they get their hand outs, why can't they give something back - like providing working class people with free daycare at churches who seem to have no shortage of volunteers to supervise them. or they can do grafiti abatement, litter removal, work at convalescent homes - there is a ton of stuff that the state could do with the welfare dependent who do absolutely nothing for anyone else, but expect others to do stuff for them - maybe if they saw what others had to do to make their life styles possible, maybe, just maybe they would learn to appreciate the working class.
    "Welfare recipients should do what criminals do in jail!" Sure, Obama's the one engaging in class warfare. Sure.

  4. #124
    Hey man, wanna breed? Spartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    11,900
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,810 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    36
    ZoneBux
    117,513.91
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    117,513.91
    Donate

    Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    The real problem isn't the existence of a safety net and where the lines should be drawn to determine what is acceptable and what isn't.

    The real problem is nobody has a viable solution. Nobody.
    That's not true.

    Just because the right are intransigent civiliztion haters doesn't mean that solutions aren't viable/

    Just unattainable under present circumstances.

    Circumstances can change.
    boisterous hubris, arrogance, self deception, conspiracy, mud slinging mixed with a heavy dose of self righteousness.

  5. Post thanked by:

    denverboz (12-02-2012)

  6. #125
    It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    40,410
    Thanks
    3,381
    Thanked 3,008 Times in 1,719 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    124
    ZoneBux
    146,173.09
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    146,173.09
    Donate

    Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    That's not true.

    Just because the right are intransigent civiliztion haters doesn't mean that solutions aren't viable/

    Just unattainable under present circumstances.

    Circumstances can change.
    Well, if you really want to go in that direction the solutions the left crying-towel huggers have aren't viable either under present circumstances.

    That's the whole point.

    Long you live and high you fly And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry And all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be.

  7. #126
    i appear missing JoeMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    5,653
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,643 Times in 2,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    25
    ZoneBux
    68,908.94
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    68,908.94
    Donate

    Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

    I miss God of the Old Testament, who left a trail of kicked asses in His wake.

    Jesus with his tie-dyed fantasies like "take care of the poor, be kind to your neighbor, turn the other cheek to your enemies," blah blah blah.

    How did God of the Old Testament give birth to this wuss???

    God of the Old Testament would not only hate condoms, He would probably rain down a swarm of locusts to eat your testicles if you didn't begat at least 100 kids from 20 different concubines.

    Jesus probably would have approved of condoms (because he sucks), but the God I read about in the Old Testament wouldn't tolerate that kind of bull****.

    He'd back-flip off his cloud and dropkick iniquitous condom users right in their ugly faces.
    Last edited by JoeMama; 12-02-2012 at 07:47 PM.

  8. Post thanked by:

    gebobs (12-03-2012)

  9. #127
    Hey man, wanna breed? Spartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    11,900
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,810 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    36
    ZoneBux
    117,513.91
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    117,513.91
    Donate

    Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    My problem isn't wanting only a portion of people to have money to spend in a "consumer based free enterprise economy".
    It's not your problem, it's everyone's problem.

    You can't have a consumer based free enterprise economy if only a small fraction of the population has money to spend.

    And tell me, what's the difference between giving people money (welfare) and requiring them to work for it and just hiring them?

    They need to be supervised in any case, so administration is the same.

  10. #128
    Hey man, wanna breed? Spartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    11,900
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,810 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    36
    ZoneBux
    117,513.91
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    117,513.91
    Donate

    Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Well, if you really want to go in that direction the solutions the left crying-towel huggers have aren't viable either under present circumstances.

    That's the whole point.
    The point is that solutions are not viable or not viable just because one group won't go along with them for political reasons.

    4 is a viable solution for the question "what does 2 + 2 equal?", whether you want to agree or not.

  11. #129
    Registered User Mouldsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,306
    Thanks
    1,323
    Thanked 531 Times in 346 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    4
    ZoneBux
    15,570.97
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    15,570.97
    Donate

    Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post


    Patti

    This is a flaw in the system. I got a raise this year but am now worse off overall because I got cut off from help for my health insurance.

  12. #130
    It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    40,410
    Thanks
    3,381
    Thanked 3,008 Times in 1,719 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    124
    ZoneBux
    146,173.09
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    146,173.09
    Donate

    Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    The point is that solutions are not viable or not viable just because one group won't go along with them for political reasons.
    Granted, but your interpretation/definition of 'one group' is incorrect, skewed by personal bias.

  13. #131
    Drink Responsibly dannyek71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    123 Row 4 Seat 4
    Posts
    6,945
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked 167 Times in 107 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    29
    ZoneBux
    12,430.00
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    12,430.00
    Donate

    Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    Did god not create those diseases?
    "Love thy neighbor"
    [

  14. #132
    Registered User sukie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,221
    Thanks
    669
    Thanked 834 Times in 560 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    8
    ZoneBux
    48,957.01
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    48,957.01
    Donate

    Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

    The average heroine addict spends about 150 per day on the addicition. That is unprecedented willingness to earn 54,750 per year. AND it goes back into the economy. All without flipping a burger.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The average heroine addict spends about 150 per day on the addicition. That is unprecedented willingness to earn 54,750 per year. AND it goes back into the economy. All without flipping a burger.

  15. #133
    Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atwater, Ca.
    Posts
    18,962
    Thanks
    1,203
    Thanked 307 Times in 193 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51
    ZoneBux
    28,253.60
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    28,253.60
    Donate

    Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    It's not your problem, it's everyone's problem.

    You can't have a consumer based free enterprise economy if only a small fraction of the population has money to spend.

    And tell me, what's the difference between giving people money (welfare) and requiring them to work for it and just hiring them?

    They need to be supervised in any case, so administration is the same.
    How much supervision would a bunch of welfare mommas need to watch the children of people who go to work and pay taxes? how much supervision would a graffiti abatement crew really need? how hard is it to get out there, and either cover up some graffiti (which would probably make a big dent in the graffiti because something tells me that a lot of the kids who are doing it have parents who are dependent on the system), or sand blast it off? there is a ton of stuff that society could do to make the government dependent who are able bodied get out their and repay their debt to the working class.

    I think every $100 dollars of entitlement that someone draws should equal 8 hours of community service. I think a lot of the working class families out there would agree - why should they have to pay for day care when there are able bodied women who could watch their children who do nothing as it is? there is no logic to not implementing such programs.

  16. #134
    Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atwater, Ca.
    Posts
    18,962
    Thanks
    1,203
    Thanked 307 Times in 193 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51
    ZoneBux
    28,253.60
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    28,253.60
    Donate

    Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    It's not your problem, it's everyone's problem.

    You can't have a consumer based free enterprise economy if only a small fraction of the population has money to spend.

    And tell me, what's the difference between giving people money (welfare) and requiring them to work for it and just hiring them?

    They need to be supervised in any case, so administration is the same.
    You know, there was a time when money didn't exist, and commerce still flourished, it's called barter.

  17. #135
    Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Atwater, Ca.
    Posts
    18,962
    Thanks
    1,203
    Thanked 307 Times in 193 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51
    ZoneBux
    28,253.60
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    28,253.60
    Donate

    Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    It's not your problem, it's everyone's problem.

    You can't have a consumer based free enterprise economy if only a small fraction of the population has money to spend.

    And tell me, what's the difference between giving people money (welfare) and requiring them to work for it and just hiring them?

    They need to be supervised in any case, so administration is the same.
    the difference between making someone work for their hand out and just hiring them is that if you do not make them work for it, they get a false sense of entitlement. If you make them work for it, they will appreciate those who do work to provide for the total strangers who right now have no obligations to contribute to society. Supervision can be carried out by people who already work in the field. day care centers can use the extra hands, churches can use one or two people who spend their day at their respective churches anyways to supervise, and sign off on the dependent having been there and adequately helping out. And if they have to actually get out of their house and away from watching Jerry Springer or their retarded soap operas, maybe, just maybe it will make them realize that it really isn't that hard to get off your ass and go to work every morning like a responsible person should.
    Last edited by ublinkwescore; 12-03-2012 at 11:33 AM.

  18. #136
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 50 Times in 23 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    2
    ZoneBux
    1,953.21
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    1,953.21
    Donate

    Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    If you make them work for it, they will appreciate those who do work to provide for the total strangers who right now have no obligations to contribute to society. Supervision can be carried out by people who already work in the field. day care centers can use the extra hands, churches can use one or two people who spend their day at their respective churches anyways to supervise, and sign off on the dependent having been there and adequately helping out.
    So if I'm a slimy CEO of a multimillion dollar day care center corporation, what is stopping me from systematically getting "extra help" from "dependents" for free and getting rid of my excess parasitic full time workers that are eating up my profits?

  19. Post thanked by:

    MST3KBillsfan (12-05-2012),Spartacus (12-03-2012)

  20. #137
    Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    rochester, ny
    Posts
    27,792
    Thanks
    3,372
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    74
    ZoneBux
    81,291.11
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    81,291.11
    Donate

    Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    How much supervision would a bunch of welfare mommas need to watch the children of people who go to work and pay taxes? how much supervision would a graffiti abatement crew really need? how hard is it to get out there, and either cover up some graffiti (which would probably make a big dent in the graffiti because something tells me that a lot of the kids who are doing it have parents who are dependent on the system), or sand blast it off? there is a ton of stuff that society could do to make the government dependent who are able bodied get out their and repay their debt to the working class.

    I think every $100 dollars of entitlement that someone draws should equal 8 hours of community service. I think a lot of the working class families out there would agree - why should they have to pay for day care when there are able bodied women who could watch their children who do nothing as it is? there is no logic to not implementing such programs.
    Really??? Would you leave your child...a totally innocent and untrained life...with some random person previously on welfare who may or may not give a crap about your child or have the proper training to know how to handle themselves with one?

    That tells me either a) you have no kids and don't know what you are talking about or b) you have kids, your wife handles everything when it comes to them and you don't know what you're talking about.

  21. Post thanked by:

    MST3KBillsfan (12-05-2012)

  22. #138
    CJ SPILLER SPEED! NOT THE DUDE...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,833
    Thanks
    556
    Thanked 424 Times in 320 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    22
    ZoneBux
    68,378.71
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    68,378.71
    Donate

    Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by ublinkwescore View Post
    Yeah, we're not taxed enough already right? our state's budgets just all have surpluses too, right?

    so when markets move for w/e reason, those people are just ****ed. it's not a matter of choice/opinion but rather keeping your capitalist system stable. otherwise people dont eat, and they come after you. dont be so ideological

  23. #139
    CJ SPILLER SPEED! NOT THE DUDE...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,833
    Thanks
    556
    Thanked 424 Times in 320 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    22
    ZoneBux
    68,378.71
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    68,378.71
    Donate

    Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER View Post
    so when markets move for w/e reason, those people are just ****ed. it's not a matter of choice/opinion but rather keeping your capitalist system stable. otherwise people dont eat, and they come after you. dont be so ideological

    and since people are doing community service instead of sitting at home, i would imagine that would be cheaper, because they are creating production/wealth in a community...

  24. #140
    CJ SPILLER SPEED! NOT THE DUDE...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,833
    Thanks
    556
    Thanked 424 Times in 320 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    22
    ZoneBux
    68,378.71
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    68,378.71
    Donate

    Re: The Hard Working American vs. The Government Parasite

    again, you cant tell someone to get a good job, be for free markets, and then not offer a good job... lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •