• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Re: For what it's worth, my choice for Bills next coach

I think Gruden goes to Philly. But I would LOVE to have Gruden in Buffalo.

Offer him the whole farm. Totaly personnel decision powers and a truck load of money. We would have to pay him more than other places to get him here, but we got Mario the same way.

GO GET HIM.

Comment

• HAMMER
      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
      • Jul 2003

The people here that are asking for Reid need to give it a little more thought. The Eagles have Shady McCoy who is a stud back, Reid put the game in Vick's hands week after week, sound familiar?

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ed View Post
        Yeah I agree with that, but it seems like Ralph's health has declined significantly over the past couple years, which makes me wonder how much he can really be involved anymore. It's my belief that guys like Nix and Brandon probably make regular courtesy calls to Ralph to keep him in the loop and what not, but he's not really making decisions. I imagine that just trying to get through a normal day could be pretty physically and mentally exhausting for him. I just can't really see him capable of being the meddling owner he used to be.

Who really knows what's going on though. At this point I'd much rather just get the new ownership process over with at this point, for better or worse, than think about going through another failed restructuring process.
        I said basically the same thing in another thread.

As it is now, we are in limbo. We will never win with the current ownership. So, let's just get with it because we are never going to get what we want with the status quo. Hopefully they keep the team in Buffalo with ownership that is committed to winning. If not, it will suck and the initial shock will be painful, but long term we will all be better off when we stop spending our time, money and energy on the crap we have now.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
          He doesn't want a college job. The fact that he turned one down is irrelevant.
          Not true actually.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Bill Cody
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by better days View Post
            Well, I heard on Sirius the other day that there will most likely be 7 HC openings this offseason & thats not counting the Bills as one of the 7. How about Andy Reed?
            Andy Reid is a great coach. Having said that I think he needs a break. He went to work the day after his son committed suicide. That's not normal, although I'll grant you NFL coaches as a group are a differnt breed. But although I respect Reed as a coach I'd take a pass right now, he seems burned out to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
            Not true actually.
            Actually it is

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
              Not true actually.
              What is not true? The fact Gruden does not want a College job, or that the fact he turned down Tenn is irrelevent?

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

As it is now, we are in limbo. We will never win with the current ownership. So, let's just get with it because we are never going to get what we want with the status quo. Hopefully they keep the team in Buffalo with ownership that is committed to winning. If not, it will suck and the initial shock will be painful, but long term we will all be better off when we stop spending our time, money and energy on the crap we have now.
                Ralph fell & broke a hip a while back. Nobody his age ever fully recovers from that. Other than the broken hip, he is reported to be in good health & mentally alert. Ralph could live another 7 years or longer.

Comment

• Ed
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

Yeah I used to wish that Ralph would find a way to live another 20 years because I figured as long as he was alive we didn't have to worry about the team leaving, but I'm over that. Whatever is going to happen will happen. A few extra years of what we've had recently really isn't worth anything. I'm just ready for all the uncertainty to be over with.

I'm pretty optimistic that we'll get a new ownership group that will keep the team in Buffalo and build a new stadium, but either way I'm just ready for things to be settled. I wish Ralph would just sell now.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
                    Actually it is
                    No it's not. He was in pretty deep discussions with Tennessee and ideas of an offer were floated from both sides. Before a formal offer was made he decided it wasn't a good fit for him. It does not mean he has no interest in college.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by better days View Post
                    What is not true? The fact Gruden does not want a College job, or that the fact he turned down Tenn is irrelevent?
                    That Gruden would not take a college job.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• D2K
                      • Oct 2012

My first post. Hello all!!!! Seems like a great board, with some intelligent conversation, a far cry from the main board (BBMB) lol.

To the point of the thread:

I think you have the right family, just the wrong Gruden. I am a big advocate of Jay Gruden (Cincy OC). One of the real "up and comers" in this league, who has lead one of the youngest offenses in the league (and one of the most maligned franchises in the league) back to respectability in a very short time (not even 2 full seasons). His development of Andy Dalton has been absolutely amazing. I honestly could gush all day about Jay Gruden and how much respect I have for him and his offensive prowess, but this being my first post, I wont bore the masses.

As far as Jon goes, to me he is just meh. Decent coach, capable of getting above average play from his offensive unit, but has proven time and time again that he isnt very capable of grooming a QB. His entire reputation is built from the 2002 Tampa bay Bucs. That teams success was all about that suffocating defense, and was a team built by Tony Dungy. Besides, my inital impressions are that Gruden will end up in Cleveland coaching the Browns.

Another "dark horse" candidate of mine, and the guy that I would want if we couldnt land Jay Gruden is Charlie Strong HC at Louisville. Fantastic defensive mind, who you can also apply the "up and comer" title to. He may be too far outside of the box for Buffalo to consider, but I think he is going to be wildly successful when he gets his opportunity.

Comment

• Ed
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by D2K View Post
                        My first post. Hello all!!!! Seems like a great board, with some intelligent conversation, a far cry from the main board (BBMB) lol.

To the point of the thread:

I think you have the right family, just the wrong Gruden. I am a big advocate of Jay Gruden (Cincy OC). One of the real "up and comers" in this league, who has lead one of the youngest offenses in the league (and one of the most maligned franchises in the league) back to respectability in a very short time (not even 2 full seasons). His development of Andy Dalton has been absolutely amazing. I honestly could gush all day about Jay Gruden and how much respect I have for him and his offensive prowess, but this being my first post, I wont bore the masses.

As far as Jon goes, to me he is just meh. Decent coach, capable of getting above average play from his offensive unit, but has proven time and time again that he isnt very capable of grooming a QB. His entire reputation is built from the 2002 Tampa bay Bucs. That teams success was all about that suffocating defense, and was a team built by Tony Dungy. Besides, my inital impressions are that Gruden will end up in Cleveland coaching the Browns.

Another "dark horse" candidate of mine, and the guy that I would want if we couldnt land Jay Gruden is Charlie Strong HC at Louisville. Fantastic defensive mind, who you can also apply the "up and comer" title to. He may be too far outside of the box for Buffalo to consider, but I think he is going to be wildly successful when he gets his opportunity.
                        Welcome!

There have been rumors here in Denver the past couple days that the University of Colorado is interested in Charlie Strong and could make a big push for him.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

Gruden
                          Cowher
                          Billick
                          Reid
                          Chip Kelly
                          Brian Kelly

In that order is my preferences

Comment

• D2K
                            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                            Welcome!

There have been rumors here in Denver the past couple days that the University of Colorado is interested in Charlie Strong and could make a big push for him.
                            Thank you sir!!! Charlie Strong would be a fantastic hire for any team.

I would also like to add in regards to Jon Gruden/Billick/Cowher, that ZERO coaches in the history of the NFL have won a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by D2K View Post
                              Thank you sir!!! Charlie Strong would be a fantastic hire for any team.

I would also like to add in regards to Jon Gruden/Billick/Cowher, that ZERO coaches in the history of the NFL have won a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.
                              Yea thats a reason not to hire a coach

Comment

• D2K
                                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
                                Yea thats a reason not to hire a coach
                                Hah, just pointing out a fact dude. Take it for what its worth.

I do know this, the longer a coach sits out of the game, the more the game changes.

Gruden last coached in 2008, thats 4 years since he last coached an NFL game.

Cowher last coached in 2006, thats 6 years since he last coached.

Billick last coached in 2007, thats 5 years since he last coached.

Its a risky proposition to take on a coach who hasnt actually coached in 4+ years, regardless of their last name and past resume.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍