• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    • Sep 2002

Re: For what it's worth, my choice for Bills next coach

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    the problem is that I don't think there will be any way to convince a HC that they will have control as long as Ralph is involved.
    I don't know how much Ralph is really involved though right now. I mean obviously he's still the owner, but it sounds like Russ Brandon pretty much runs the show.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ed View Post
      I don't know how much Ralph is really involved though right now. I mean obviously he's still the owner, but it sounds like Russ Brandon pretty much runs the show.
      well, regardless, they would have to convince whoever took over that they would have a sufficient degree of autonomy. That's going to be a tough sell because it's never been like that in Buffalo.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Chucky will likely coach in college before he coaches in the NFL again based on what I've heard.

Although I'd be surprised if he ever left his current media role.

Comment

• k-oneputt
          • Jun 2009

Gruden won't come here. Reid probably won't either, nor Chip Kelly.

But Brian Billick probably would.

Comment

• Ed
            • Sep 2002

well, regardless, they would have to convince whoever took over that they would have a sufficient degree of autonomy. That's going to be a tough sell because it's never been like that in Buffalo.
            Yeah I agree with that, but it seems like Ralph's health has declined significantly over the past couple years, which makes me wonder how much he can really be involved anymore. It's my belief that guys like Nix and Brandon probably make regular courtesy calls to Ralph to keep him in the loop and what not, but he's not really making decisions. I imagine that just trying to get through a normal day could be pretty physically and mentally exhausting for him. I just can't really see him capable of being the meddling owner he used to be.

Who really knows what's going on though. At this point I'd much rather just get the new ownership process over with at this point, for better or worse, than think about going through another failed restructuring process.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
              Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
              • Jan 2010

gruden and matt barkley

Comment

• k-oneputt
                • Jun 2009

Bill O'Brien from Penn St. would be another good choice.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

I want Tom Landry.

I get the thought process but given was Gruden was rumored to be offered at Tennessee the Bills won't come close and Gruden just turned down Tennessee.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• GingerP
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
                    Chucky will likely coach in college before he coaches in the NFL again based on what I've heard.

Although I'd be surprised if he ever left his current media role.
                    Gruden is an NFL coach, he loves the life. My guess would be he either ends up in San Diego (where he would have Rivers) or Philly (where he would have Vick).

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                      I want Tom Landry.

I get the thought process but given was Gruden was rumored to be offered at Tennessee the Bills won't come close and Gruden just turned down Tennessee.
                      He doesn't want a college job. The fact that he turned one down is irrelevant.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
                        Gruden is an NFL coach, he loves the life. My guess would be he either ends up in San Diego (where he would have Rivers) or Philly (where he would have Vick).
                        Yes he is. I could see the attraction of SD with Rivers but Mike Vick looks broken to me. Andy Reid couldn't fix him, doubt Chuckie wants to try.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

if he loves the life, why has he been out of it for so long? There have been at least a dozen coaching changes since he's been out, maybe more.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bill Cody
                            • Sep 2004

That said, I think Gruden is only going to a team with a QB in place. He has said in interviews that if he decides to coach again he wants to be sure he has a QB. He says he doesn't think you can win in the NFL unless you have a good QB, and one of his regrets in Tampa was not finding that guy. He isn't going to take over Buffalo with Fitz at the helm.
                            One more thing on this: SD is a likely exception but usually teams with good QB's aren't firing their HC, they sucked enough to need a new HC because they had less than stellar QB play. And Gruden won't be the only candidate looking for a job. There's only 32 of these positions and they're always huge interest in any opening. We will have something interesting to offer if we have a top 5 pick waiting.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

if he loves the life, why has he been out of it for so long? There have been at least a dozen coaching changes since he's been out, maybe more.
                              He may have been a little burned out right after the firing and he got the soft TV gig, gave him the option to sit back and wait for the right situation. But I think he's got the itch again. We'll see.

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
                                One more thing on this: SD is a likely exception but usually teams with good QB's aren't firing their HC, they sucked enough to need a new HC because they had less than stellar QB play. And Gruden won't be the only candidate looking for a job. There's only 32 of these positions and they're always huge interest in any opening. We will have something interesting to offer if we have a top 5 pick waiting.
                                Well, I heard on Sirius the other day that there will most likely be 7 HC openings this offseason & thats not counting the Bills as one of the 7. How about Andy Reed?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍