X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

Re: Just talked with a source about Gailey's future and QB in draft

T-Long I trust what you say. You are one of the few I actually do.
    Makes a ton of sense in my book. I can't see how the Bills will keep Gailey after this season.
    The interesting thing will be who is the next coach?

I really like Tyler Wilson a lot, I think the Arkansas situation was just a mess this year. They were a top 10 team going in. The I'd can throw the rock no doubt and I luv his attitude..... Sort of Cutler like....
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• kishoph
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by tampabay25690 View Post
      T-Long I trust what you say. You are one of the few I actually do.
      Makes a ton of sense in my book. I can't see how the Bills will keep Gailey after this season.
      The interesting thing will be who is the next coach?

I really like Tyler Wilson a lot, I think the Arkansas situation was just a mess this year. They were a top 10 team going in. The I'd can throw the rock no doubt and I luv his attitude..... Sort of Cutler like....
      I was just about to post just about everything you've said. I've know T-Long a long time and while he's no Pat Moran (j/k), I've never known him to post BS and it all does make sense. Nix has a team that can win, but there's two major flaws, QB and coach. Retaining Gailey would kill a lot of fan support and it goes the same for Fitz.
      I've been high on Tyler Wilson since the season started, he's big, tough and has a strong arm, he has the physical tools and his faults can be corrected with coaching and patience. Some rankings have him ahead of Barkley and just behind Smith. He will not last to the 2nd round and while a stud LB sounds good, this team needs a QB that can put points on the board, a top 5 or 10 defense doesn't do any good if you can't score, look at Arizona. This is not the 80's you need an offense to win.
      Last edited by kishoph; 12-02-2012, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by T-Long View Post
        Just talked with a source within the NFL and he told me that he doesn't think Gailey keeps his job following the season and has heard that the Bills are high on Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson.
        I think Gailey does keep his job as long as Nix keeps his, and I've heard they really like E.J. Manuel of Florida St. I'm not certain that they draft a QB earlier than the 2nd round though. It depends strongly on who they have graded highest regardless of position on their draft board when they pick in the first round. They have been pretty consistent in that respect since Nix took over as GM. JMO

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

He is under the impression that Nix stays but Gailey will go barring a 4-1 or 5-0 finish. Ralph trusts Nix but also knows how bad for business keeping Gailey will be.
          This more than anything screams of being true.

Ralph doesn't approach things in terms of what is good for the football organization.

He also historically only does just enough to keep the horde buying tickets.

and we lap it up... year after year. Just look at this thread. Some are already wondering about our next coach and what QB were going to draft.

Until Bills fans smarten up... we'll get the team we deserve.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by kishoph View Post
            I was just about to post just about everything you've said. I've know T-Long a long time and while he's no Pat Moran (j/k), I've never known him to post BS and it all does make sense. Nix has a team that can win, but there's two major flaws, QB and coach. Retaining Gailey would kill a lot of fan support and it goes the same for Fitz.
            I've been high on Tyler Wilson since the season started, he's big, tough and has a strong arm, he has the physical tools and his faults can be corrected with coaching and patience. Some rankings have him ahead of Barkley and just behind Smith. He will not last to the 2nd round and while a stud LB sounds good, this team needs a QB that can put points on the board, a top 5 or 10 defense doesn't do any good if you can't score, look at Arizona. This is not the 80's you need an offense to win.
            I'd prefer taking Te'o if he's there then trading back into the first for a QB if necessary.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• notacon
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
              I still don't believe you reach for a QB. Just remember picking a wrong guy is worse than not picking one.

100% nonsense!!!

- - - Updated - - -

For short term gain, even possibly going to the playoff next year, you keep Gailey.
              1000% NONSENSE!!!

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                • Sep 2008

I still don't believe you reach for a QB. Just remember picking a wrong guy is worse than not picking one.

I really believe Nix went the safe route not picking a development QB, and I believe it's about to change this time around. But if there is a almost sure fire MLB in the 1st round that can transform this defense into a stingy, top 5 one, you have to go this route.
                Right, and anyone who has paid attention to how this team has drafted the last 3 draft years, knows the Bills wont reach for a QB. I don't think position is really as important to Nix as grade of the prospect in relation to the Bills when drafting. I have yet to see this team draft a first rounder based on need since Gailey and Nix took over. JMO

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

You should never draft based on need. You go with the top player on your board regardless IMO. I do want a QB btw

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Just talked with a source within the NFL and he told me that he doesn't think Gailey keeps his job following the season and has heard that the Bills are high on Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson.
                    I trust you. And I'm not questioning that you heard that. It just doesn't make much sense for Nix to come out as so vehemently defend Chan by saying you cant keep blowing it up, stay the course, etc... And then be planning to fire him.

Why wouldn't Nix just keep quiet on Chan or say they will look at everything in the off-season? Why go so far to extremes to tell everyone that he is staying and that keeping him is the right move for the future?
                    Last edited by X-Era; 12-02-2012, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                      I trust you. And I'm not questioning that you heard that. It just doesn't make much sense for Nix to come out as so vehemently defend Chan by saying you cant keep blowing it up, stay the course, etc... And then be planning to fire him.

Why wouldn't Nix just keep quiet on Chan or say they will look at everything in the off-season? Why go so far to extremes to tell everyone that he is staying and that keeping him is the right move for the future?
                      The old tried & true vote of confidence. Happens every year to Coaches about to be fired.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                        • Sep 2008

I'll even take this argument a step further, he also defends Gailey's stance on Fitzpatrick pretty heavily every time he comes on WGR550. I don't think Gailey is going anywhere unless the Bills completely fall apart in the last 5 games of the season. I think the Bills front office is pretty serious about staying the course this time around. Gailey could very well be this team's last head coach under Ralph Wilson Jr. JMO

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

There probably has been an internal ultimatum issued...finish at 8-8 or better, or he's gone. As long as the goal is still attainable, Nix would have to support Gailey until he completely fails.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                            There probably has been an internal ultimatum issued...finish at 8-8 or better, or he's gone. As long as the goal is still attainable, Nix would have to support Gailey until he completely fails.
                            That's it right there... No matter what NIx has defined as his gauge (palyoffs, 8-8, etc), he's not gonna put himself in the position of being a stumbling block for Gailey until the goal is no longer attainable... ESPECIALLY if they're friends. Hell... Even the playoffs are not out of the question yet!
                            Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 12-02-2012, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Buddo
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              In the context of the OP, this makes the most sense, imho.
                              I wouldn't rule out Nix making a serious move for a QB, either. Providing he has him graded around where the pick is that he moves to, I think he will be prepared to do it, even if it means giving up a bunch of other picks.
                              Nix might be somewhat conservative in respect of the draft, and making moves, but as he showed with Mario, if he thinks it is the right move and player, he's not afraid to pull the trigger.
                              For all that results aren't showing it, I believe that Nix has improved the roster an awful lot in his time here, and if he can hang on to Byrd and Levitre etc. as well, he will be doing pretty much what he said he was going to do.

As regards the coaching situation, I'm still somewhat on the fence. With a better QB, or better QB play, we could possibly have been at 7-4, rather than 4-7. I also am starting to come around to how the D is improving, and I wonder if a coaching change wouldn't necessarily cause too much disruption - unless the new coaches do run similar schemes, more particularly on D.

We don't just need a QB in the draft, we also need a good WR. If Nelson had been healthy, we might have done a bit better, but atm our WR corps is awfully thin, and it still doesn't look too promising, even with Nelson back. I suppose another QB might actually be able to hit Graham down the field, so that might reduce the need somewhat, but it still doesn't look great.

While I think Bradham is coming along nicely, we also still need a better LB in there, who is good in coverage, and CB is also going to be on the list.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                                Administrator
                                • Jul 2002

Nix stays silent the rumors start flying weeks ago and every day is a distraction. Him remaining strong in his defense is nothing to read into. Strictly PR.
                                COMING SOON...
                                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X