• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Just talked with a source about Gailey's future and QB in draft

Just talked with a source within the NFL and he told me that he doesn't think Gailey keeps his job following the season and has heard that the Bills are high on Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson.
  • Demon
    • Mar 2003

Re: Just talked with a source about Gailey's future and QB in draft

Sounds like BS. Who's high on Tyler Wilson? Gailey? Or the next football coach? If Gailey is let go, probably so will Nix. Many of the scouts and most of the coaches will be donzo. Yet, their "high" on Wilson? Yawn.
    Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      • May 2009

I don't think Buddy will be fired if he has the balls to fire Gailey.

Comment

• Slim
        • Apr 2004

Obviously you trust him/her quite a bit to post this, how connected would you consider this source T-long?

Comment

• Slim
          • Apr 2004

On a separate note, Wilson is projected to go in the mid-first round. Right around where we should be picking.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

That's interesting. If true, it's a bit surprising actually. I don't expect Nix is on a hotseat, but I really didn't think Gailey was either.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• T-Long
              Circling the Wagons since 1982.
              • Sep 2003

This is a very trusted source....I don't have many these days now that I have 3 kids and barely have time to go to the bathroom myself. But I 100% trust this guy...he is very well connected, especially with the Bills.

He is under the impression that Nix stays but Gailey will go barring a 4-1 or 5-0 finish. Ralph trusts Nix but also knows how bad for business keeping Gailey will be.

I personally thought both would be back, but I guess we will wait and see.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Can't comment on the Gailey thing, but...Wilson is a VERY highly though of QB prospect among NFL eval guys, fans have him under rated. No doubt Bills are interested, expect him to be a Bills visitor at OBD without a doubt.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Slim
                  • Apr 2004

I hope he's right. Getting a new coach and a new QB are two biggest steps in turning the ship around.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                    • Aug 2004

For short term gain, even possibly going to the playoff next year, you keep Gailey. For long term bigger things, you get a new HC.

Fitz, regardless what Gailey and Nix said this past week, is certainly on the list to be upgraded. I don't know why fans/wgr hosts are so up in arms about having to hear Gailey/Nix to make any statement about Fitz NOW. If you are people management business, and just cannot act like a fan and throw emotion left and right.

If I'm Nix, I'd have to line up candidates before I fire Gailey. And I'd prefer minimum philosophical changes both offensively or defensively.

Comment

• Slim
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                      Can't comment on the Gailey thing, but...Wilson is a VERY highly though of QB prospect among NFL eval guys, fans have him under rated. No doubt Bills are interested, expect him to be a Bills visitor at OBD without a doubt.
                      You could he could could just into the top 7-8 picks? Lots of teams need QB's and after Geno there is not clear cut "leader" among the rest of the QB's to be the 2nd QB picked.
                      Last edited by Slim; 12-01-2012, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                        • Aug 2004

I still don't believe you reach for a QB. Just remember picking a wrong guy is worse than not picking one.

I really believe Nix went the safe route not picking a development QB, and I believe it's about to change this time around. But if there is a almost sure fire MLB in the 1st round that can transform this defense into a stingy, top 5 one, you have to go this route.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Slim View Post
                          You could he could could just into the top 7-8 picks? Lots of teams need QB's and after Geno there is not clear cut "leader" among the rest of the QB's to be the 2nd QB picked.
                          Yes I could.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                            For short term gain, even possibly going to the playoff next year, you keep Gailey. For long term bigger things, you get a new HC.

Fitz, regardless what Gailey and Nix said this past week, is certainly on the list to be upgraded. I don't know why fans/wgr hosts are so up in arms about having to hear Gailey/Nix to make any statement about Fitz NOW. If you are people management business, and just cannot act like a fan and throw emotion left and right.

If I'm Nix, I'd have to line up candidates before I fire Gailey. And I'd prefer minimum philosophical changes both offensively or defensively.
                            What the hell makes you think Gailey can get this team to make the playoffs next year?

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Jul 2007

At this point, whatever.
                              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞