Thread: Tebow contacts Upstate accident victim

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Tebow contacts Upstate accident victim

This weekend there was a car accident close to where I live where 4 high school students were in a vehicle hit by a drunk driver. 2 of them died and 2 are in the hospital. One of the survivors is a football player who idolizes Tim Tebow. Through Twitter, classmates contacted Tim Tebow and asked that he call the kid in the hospital. Tebow called him last night.
    No matter what you think of Tebow's personal beliefs, Tebow is one of those athletes who gets it when it comes to reaching out to the public. Last year I saw a spot on TV where every game Tebow gives someone a day at the game and meets them before & after the game. The TV spot showed him with a sick kid. No one can ever call Tebow a selfish millionaire.

http://www.timesunion.com/local/arti...or-4089528.php

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Tebow contacts Upstate accident victim

OpiIV will. He hates Christians, despite living in a nation loaded with natural resources,that if not imbued with Christian values, would have become a monster that would make Soviet Russia, Communist China, Hitler's Germany, Pol Pot, and so on be pipsqueaks in comparison.

Yet he supports Notre Dame, and I don't suppose he'd tell an ambulance staff to not to take him, in time of dire need, to hospitals with names like Mercy or Christ or St. whatever. Ain't that right, Opi?
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,289 Times in 13,722 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Not really sure what I did to get called out in this thread, but ok....

I like ND because my grandpa got me watching them when I was a kid and because of the Irish connection, not because of anything that has to do with Christianity or Catholicism.

And your contention that this nation would have been Nazi Germany if it weren't for Christian values is epic-level bull**** that ignores historical reality. Was it Christian values that made the US force the Native Americans off their land before giving them blankets poisoned with smallpox? Oh no- it was Christian values that caused us to intern Asian Americans during WWII. Or maybe the Christian values inspired the yellow journalism that got us into the Spanish-American war? Or did Christian values cause this country to treat people as property for the first 85 years or so of it's existence, followed by another 100 years or so of systematic discrimination against those people? Yup, this country is oh-so-very Christian, and every non-Christian civilization in the history of the world has been evil by nature... gimme a ****ing break.

4. Post thanked by:

ckg927 (12-13-2012),MikeInRoch (12-13-2012)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Not really sure what I did to get called out in this thread, but ok....

I like ND because my grandpa got me watching them when I was a kid and because of the Irish connection, not because of anything that has to do with Christianity or Catholicism.

And your contention that this nation would have been Nazi Germany if it weren't for Christian values is epic-level bull**** that ignores historical reality. Was it Christian values that made the US force the Native Americans off their land before giving them blankets poisoned with smallpox? Oh no- it was Christian values that caused us to intern Asian Americans during WWII. Or maybe the Christian values inspired the yellow journalism that got us into the Spanish-American war? Or did Christian values cause this country to treat people as property for the first 85 years or so of it's existence, followed by another 100 years or so of systematic discrimination against those people? Yup, this country is oh-so-very Christian, and every non-Christian civilization in the history of the world has been evil by nature... gimme a ****ing break.
    Wait till those values you descry are finally crushed - and see.

Native Americans - pfft. I'll paraphrase what a WNY Seneca pal of mine said - we crawled over from Siberia, had sway over a continent with limitless natural resources. While folks in other areas of the globe built things, invented this or that, sailed the seas, and so on, we sat here in all this wealth and slaughtered each other. Now we ***** and moan about being on reservations which we turn into filth, demand that other people give us their money, and complain about a lack of jobs even while we refuse to get off our fannies and go where the work is, like pretty much the rest of the world's population has done - forever.
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 12-13-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,289 Times in 13,722 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    Wait till those values you descry are finally crushed - and see.

Native Americans - pfft. I'll paraphrase what a WNY Seneca pal of mine said - we crawled over from Siberia, had sway over a continent with limitless natural resources. While folks in other areas of the globe built things, invented this or that, sailed the seas, and so on, we sat here in all this wealth and slaughtered each other. Now we ***** and moan about being on reservations which we turn into filth, demand that other people give us their money, and complain about a lack of jobs even while we refuse to get off our fannies and go where the work is, like pretty much the rest of the world's population has done - forever.
    Not really sure how any of that justifies using biological warfare on them.

And btw, I never said there were anything wrong with the values. It's the myths that accompany the values and the constant need to enforce those values on other people that bother me.

Registered User YankeeInRaleigh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

OpiIV will. He hates Christians, despite living in a nation loaded with natural resources,that if not imbued with Christian values, would have become a monster that would make Soviet Russia, Communist China, Hitler's Germany, Pol Pot, and so on be pipsqueaks in comparison.

Yet he supports Notre Dame, and I don't suppose he'd tell an ambulance staff to not to take him, in time of dire need, to hospitals with names like Mercy or Christ or St. whatever. Ain't that right, Opi?

People hate christians, because of christians like you.

8. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (12-13-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 912 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

.... despite living in a nation loaded with natural resources,that if not imbued with Christian values, would have become a monster that would make Soviet Russia, Communist China, Hitler's Germany, Pol Pot, and so on be pipsqueaks in comparison
    This is one of my favorites. "We would ALL be EVIL if not for Christianity!"

Bull ****. Usually when that's said it's a reflection on the speaker, not on most other people.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

10. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (12-13-2012)