• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Why the Gailey Hate

Originally posted by better days View Post
    Well, Chan may have won less games than Dick, but I would rather watch Chans Bills lose than watch Jaurons teams win, the Jauron Bills were so BORING to watch. At least Chans Bills are exciting to watch.
    We could win 10 games a year by the score of 7-6 and I wouldn't care. Why? Because that gets you the playoffs.

Jauron wasn't good enough but was better than Gailey.

Some fans expectations have surely lowered in the past 10 years around here. We're now at the mentality of "well we're losing but that's ok because at least it's a little more entertaining."

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TrEd FTW View Post
      The Jauron Bills also won a lot more. Isn't that what matters? In the end they're both horrible head coaches, but Gailey is clearly worse.
      Well, if Jauron would have won a LOT more, as in playoffs then yes it would have mattered, even though his teams were BORING to watch. Watching Jauron's Bills win or lose was about as exciting as watching paint dry. I would rather watch an exciting game, even a loss over a BORING game myself, even if that game was a win.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
        We could win 10 games a year by the score of 7-6 and I wouldn't care. Why? Because that gets you the playoffs.

Jauron wasn't good enough but was better than Gailey.

Some fans expectations have surely lowered in the past 10 years around here. We're now at the mentality of "well we're losing but that's ok because at least it's a little more entertaining."
        Like I said, IF Jauron was a good enough Coach to get the Bills to the playoffs, I would have been happy even with his boring brand of ball, but he wasn't & some 7-6 games are EXCITING, just not Jaurons 7-6 games.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

This team is worse than the team he inherited.

Point blank. Period.
          no way.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
            no way.
            Way.

Comment

• JoeMama
              Emotion Sickness
              • Oct 2002

Good coaches don't lose twice as many games as they win.

This facts are so one-sided against Gailey, it brooks no argument.
              Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Jauron - 24-33

Gailey - 15-29

Any other explanation needed?
                every team Dicks ever coached got worse the longer he stayed as HC.
                Wait til the end of this season and we'll see where the bills are headed in terms of record as far as Gailey is concerned. I'm not saying that we keep Gailey but to say that Dick did a better job remains to be seen.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mikemac2001
                  is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                  • Mar 2003

fitz has lost atleast 3 games this year....

i am curious what chan could do we anything better

but chan also chose fitz (but did he want to draft another)

MUCK
                  FIAMI

Comment

• mikemac2001
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                    every team Dicks ever coached got worse the longer he stayed as HC.
                    Wait til the end of this season and we'll see where the bills are headed in terms of record as far as Gailey is concerned. I'm not saying that we keep Gailey but to say that Dick did a better job remains to be seen.

Plus Dick's teams were horriable to watch never hated football so much

MUCK
                    FIAMI

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

It's sad when fans get so accustomed to losing that they back the current loser with "well at least it's more exciting to watch."

Comment

• BLeonard
                        BoB Sabermetrician
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                        I would rather watch an exciting game, even a loss over a BORING game myself, even if that game was a win.
                        This is the major problem with some Bills fans... Like Woody Harrelson said in "White Men Can't Jump," you'd rather look good and lose than look bad and win.

I don't care in the Bills win 3-2... That's much better than losing 41-40... In case you've forgotten, listen to Herm:

I want to win. I couldn't care less about "excitement."

You want "exciting"? Go watch the Harlem Globetrotters.

-Bill

Comment

• mikemac2001
                          • Mar 2003

It's sad when fans get so accustomed to losing that they back the current loser with "well at least it's more exciting to watch."
                          Ya because its entertainment

id take a bad win over an entertaining loss

my point was atleast i have enjoyed some of the losses more then dick;s bore fest lets run the clock out 1st qtr style

but take it however you want

MUCK
                          FIAMI

Comment

• EDS
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
                            Look I know this season did not meet up with our expectations but maybe our expectations were out of whack.

Lets start from the beginning Gailey and Nix inherited a mess and stupidly tried to become a 34 team, this was the only thing that they have done that really angers me.

We have added some talent through the draft and finally became a big spender in free agency what everyone wanted us to do. I think this is where the problem comes in everyone expected us to have this dominate defense week one and we could coast to the playoffs with our average passing game good running game and great defense.

Well I think it has taken longer for this defense to adjust to game speed of the new 43 and for our young players to come up to speed and gain valuable experience. Keep in mind at points in the game we have Kyle Moore, Dareus, Bradham, Gilmore, Rogers, Searcy, and Sheppard on the field that is 7 rookies or second year players. Moore has never played in an nfl game till last year that is why he is in this category.

Offense we lack a number 2 right now maybe Easley or Graham will be the guy but they are not right now. Losing Nelson hurt a lot, and Fitz is unable to throw deep on the sideline so defenses are just squatting and taking away the middle of the field daring us to throw deep outside which he just can not do.

Do I believe we are better than 5-7 yes I do, do I think we are playoff team no I do not. However I think we have progressed as a team from last year and I know all of you want the instant turn around but I want to be good for decades like the steelers not one year like the lions.

Therefore, I ask what will cleaning house accomplish do you think we have 49ner talent on this defense? Do you think we will be able to draft Luck or Griffin? Personally I said I would give our defense 8 games into next season to prove they are a top 10 unit before I start calling for coaches to be fired or Nix to be fired for wasting money.

I also want to see our offense with a legit QB that we can develop for 2013 and hopefully beat out Fitz in 2014.

Bottom line is I do not think Gailey is the problem I think the problem is young players and coaches trying to figure out how to coach around their weaknesses especially on defense.

But hey blow it up it has worked so well for us in the past. How many coaches have the steelers had, and how many have we had since 1999? Hey maybe stability is not a bad thing. We seem to like with Nix has done for the most part. He kept our young stars and he brought in the best DE in FA this past year. Overall in drafting his first rounders look like two home runs and hopefully Dareus becomes a home run but he is still a good player but not great yet. We drafted Aaron Williams and did not draft a QB that could be a mistake if Colin or Dalton get to elite status. Graham over Wilson we shall see round 3 has produced some really good WRs in history maybe he is a good one or maybe it was a bad pick, or maybe they were not high on Wilson because of his height who knows.

We had zero talent 3 years ago and now we have some pieces that they have brought in that people talk about and fear on other teams. Jauron gave us Bryd and Kyle, but those picks are lost on the Maybins and other mistakes.
                            Nix and Gailey inherited Kyle Williams, Byrd, Wood, Levitre, Steve Johnson, Fred Jackson. so in other words, 2 of the teams three best defenders, two of the teams three best offensive skill position players, and two of the teams top three offensive lineman. They have ignored the most important position on the field and have hired two of thw worst coordinators in the NFL.

Other than that they have been only o.k.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                              • Jul 2002

Let's follow through on this thread:
                              OP says Gailey & Nix inherited a mess but now we have more talent. I'll buy that.
                              Gailey over Jauron people say Gailey's games are better to watch.
                              Fact: Gailey's win percentage is lower than Jauron's.
                              If we buy the fact that Jauron had less talent, then why is Gailey not a worse coach than Jauron since his record with more talent is worse?
                              Jauron may not have gotten any better, but his 7-9 seasons would cause the Gailey supporters to be calling for an extension of Gailey's contract.
                              Bottom line: 2 bad coaches & Gailey is the worse of the 2.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                                All-Pro Zoner
                                • Dec 2005

He's getting another year, so it should be very clear whether or not he deserves the job about this time next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X