Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why the Gailey Hate

Thanks
    Thanked 5,962 Times in 3,505 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Why the Gailey Hate

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    is it too much to ask for a team with a 21-7 lead to not fumble at the 1 with their Injured back to go up 28-7 and ice the game?
    apparently yes

is it too much to ask the team to not get the ridiculous 14 penalties which gifted the other team 21 points?
    apparently yes

2. Post thanked by:

gebobs (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,331 Times in 13,746 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
    That's all fine and dandy but you ain't winning anything with Fitz. As for picking him I agree he should have tried TJ. But saying get the most of your team in a QB driven league when you have garbage under center is kind of silly. And I'm far from a Gailey fan. This idea that we're a better coach away is officially getting annoying.
    oh, we are far from a better coach away- that's for damn sure. But the coach we have will NEVER win it all, regardless of how much talent we give him.

4. Post thanked by:

gebobs (12-05-2012),MikeInRoch (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
    That's all fine and dandy but you ain't winning anything with Fitz. As for picking him I agree he should have tried TJ. But saying get the most of your team in a QB driven league when you have garbage under center is kind of silly. And I'm far from a Gailey fan. This idea that we're a better coach away is officially getting annoying.
    Gailey couldn't win with a HOF QB and HOF RB as the focal points of his offense.

We're a better coach away as well as numerous pieces on the field.

6. Post thanked by:

gebobs (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,374 Times in 8,985 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    No asking for his head and thinking a new guy can come in and rebuild in less than three years is 100% emotion and no logic.

Good teams and good franchises stay the course and right the ship they do not constantly tear it down and try to rebuild.

You people are crazy.
    Thirteen years without a playoff berth and yet we're the crazy ones? Why, because we expect better results from Chan Gailey in year three?

Newsflash, guy. If a coach can't get it done in year three, chances are, his blueprint is flawed. I bet you could give Chan an entire decade and he'd still never break .500.

I'd respond to you point by point but Albany,n.y. already mopped the floor with you in post #41.

8. Post thanked by:

Albany,n.y. (12-05-2012),gebobs (12-05-2012),Novacane (12-05-2012),OpIv37 (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Much more? You are easily amused. You make a perfect Bills fan.
    Yes, MUCH MORE exciting. Many of the Bills losses have come late in the game under Chan & there was hope they could pull out the win because they have done so a few times. When Dick was HC, he played not to lose & lost many times trying to hang on to his 3 point lead.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,455 Times in 7,305 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Bull**** my A**. You must have a very poor memory if you don't think Chans Bills are much more exciting than Dicks Bills.
    Wins excite me. They are both losers.

11. Post thanked by:

BillsFever21 (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yes, MUCH MORE exciting. Many of the Bills losses have come late in the game under Chan & there was hope they could pull out the win because they have done so a few times. When Dick was HC, he played not to lose & lost many times trying to hang on to his 3 point lead.

Punting from the opponents 34 is playing not to lose.

13. Post thanked by:

gebobs (12-05-2012)

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yes, MUCH MORE exciting.
    Sorry, I don't like losses any way they come.

Many of the Bills losses have come late in the game under Chan & there was hope they could pull out the win because they have done so a few times.
    This might be a case of selective memory. Gailey has plenty of hopeless games. Let's look at how many 10+ point losses both guys had. Surely those games there was little hope that the team would "pull it out".

Jauron: 17/64 (27%)
    Gailey: 15/44 (34%)

Hmmmm...doesn't look good for the old Chump Gailey.

When Dick was HC, he played not to lose & lost many times trying to hang on to his 3 point lead.
    Wait. I thought you liked close exciting games even if they were losses?

No doubt, Jauron could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like no one else. Don't think for a minute that I miss Skeletor. But Gailey's no slouch either. Late leads lost I can see with a quick glance through 7 years of box scores...

Jauron '06: NE, TEN '07: DEN, DAL '08: CLE, NYJ '09: NE, JAX, PIT
    Gailey: '10: CHI, PIT '11: CIN, NYJ '12: TEN

Unless I've missed something, Jauron lost 14% of games with late leads and Gailey has lost 11%. If that's progress, it ain't much.

And let's not forget just how putrid that Gailey is in the AFC. Jauron, that dumbass, had as many divisional wins in one year than Gailey has had in nearly three. 3/13 in the division. Yeeehaaaah...that's awesome!!!
    Last edited by gebobs; 12-05-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

15. Post thanked by:

BillsFever21 (12-06-2012),Mr. Pink (12-05-2012),Novacane (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think better days is confusing their personalities with on field play. Chan talks a good game but compared to dead man walking Dick anyone is going to appear exciting.

17. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    Punting from the opponents 34 is playing not to lose.
    The difference is Dick played not to lose from the opening kickoff.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry, I don't like losses any way they come.

This might be a case of selective memory. Gailey has plenty of hopeless games. Let's look at how many 10+ point losses both guys had. Surely those games there was little hope that the team would "pull it out".

Jauron: 17/64 (27%)
    Gailey: 15/44 (34%)

Hmmmm...doesn't look good for the old Chump Gailey.

Wait. I thought you liked close exciting games even if they were losses?

No doubt, Jauron could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like no one else. Don't think for a minute that I miss Skeletor. But Gailey's no slouch either. Late leads lost I can see with a quick glance through 7 years of box scores...

Jauron '06: NE, TEN '07: DEN, DAL '08: CLE, NYJ '09: NE, JAX, PIT
    Gailey: '10: CHI, PIT '11: CIN, NYJ '12: TEN

Unless I've missed something, Jauron lost 14% of games with late leads and Gailey has lost 11%. If that's progress, it ain't much.

And let's not forget just how putrid that Gailey is in the AFC. Jauron, that dumbass, had as many divisional wins in one year than Gailey has had in nearly three. 3/13 in the division. Yeeehaaaah...that's awesome!!!
    Well, I posted before I am done defending Gailey, but I would still take him over Jauron EVERY DAY of the week.

20. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, I posted before I am done defending Gailey, but I would still take him over Jauron EVERY DAY of the week.
    I think you need to re-examine why. First, because the reasons you gave do not jibe with reality. Second, because they are both steaming piles of fetid ferret crap. But that's up to you.

Personally, I hate Gailey more for the one reason that he is still our coach and still farking this team up whereas Skeletor has moved on to browner pastures.

22. Post thanked by:

Novacane (12-08-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If we had the last 3 years to do over...we shouldn't have bothered even firing Jauron.

It's a lot easier to win when you're not giving up 30 points regularly.

And we would have definitely seen a lot more of CJ Spiller, if we had drafted him, than we do now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
    If we had the last 3 years to do over...we shouldn't have bothered even firing Jauron.

And we would have definitely seen a lot more of CJ Spiller, if we had drafted him, than we do now.
    And Trent Edwards would still be throwing 1 yd completions on 3rd & 9 NO THANKS.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And Trent Edwards would still be throwing 1 yd completions on 3rd & 9 NO THANKS.
    Yeah, at least Gailey had more sense than to start Edwards.

Wait, no that's wrong. I remember. Fitz was the starter at the end of '09 and Gailey resurrected that bum.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, at least Gailey had more sense than to start Edwards.

Wait, no that's wrong. I remember. Fitz was the starter at the end of '09 and Gailey resurrected that bum.
    Well, Fitz was only the starter at the end of 09 because Jauron had been fired. If Jauron was still HC of the Bills today, Trent would still be his starter. Trent fooled Chan with his good play in practice & meaningless games, but at least when the live bullets started to fly, Chan had the good sense to not only bench Trent, but to cut him as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,484 Times in 7,098 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post

lol. Trent would be a our qb and we still wouldn't come close to beating the pats and the browns would still owned our arse. Dick couldnt beat the browns remember?

And no. Dick would have continued to use Lynch (who was underachieving under Dick) even if we drafted Spiller. Dick kept using his prized possession in Lynch even though Fred was the better rb.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 12-05-2012 at 03:35 PM.

28. Post thanked by:

better days (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, Fitz was only the starter at the end of 09 because Jauron had been fired.
    Well, yeah...kinda. Jauron did start Fitz a few games because Edwards had a hangnail I think. As soon as he recovered from his booboo, Mauron put him back in.

Good thinking, Dick. You're fired! LOL

But my main point was that dumbass Gailey went back to Edwards when everyone and their mother knew what a putz he was.
    Last edited by gebobs; 12-05-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    lol. Trent would be a our qb and we still wouldn't come close to beating the pats and the browns would still owned our arse. Dick couldnt beat the browns remember?

And no. Dick would have continued to use Lynch (who was underachieving under Dick) even if we drafted Spiller. Dick kept using his prized possession in Lynch even though Fred was the better rb.

Who cares what back would be running the ball? We'd at least be playing to the strength of the offense which is something that Jauron did do. Last Sunday was typically gameplanned the way Jauron gameplanned games. Abuse the strength - RBs, Hide the flaws - QB. It took Chan into his third season to figure out what Jauron was doing from the start with Losman.

While obviously Fitz is better than Losman, it's not saying much because even Trent was better than Losman.

Oh and at beating the Pats once as a reason to give Chan a feather in his cap. We've given away victories against them this year in almost as bad of fashion as McKelvin fumbling the kickoff. Who's been better overall in the division? I'll give you a hint, it's not Chan. Who's been better overall against the NFL? Another hint, it's not Chan.

This is not directing at you Justa but I'm just too lazy to multiquote - That 3rd and 9 dumpoff point is one of the most idiotic points ever. The Ravens had 4th and 30 against the Chargers and dumped it down to a RB who *gasp* made a play. Then again, maybe people around here think Stevie, CJ and Freddie cannot make plays. Just like back then with Dick, apparently Evans, Lynch and Jackson couldn't make plays.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i think trent was a ralph meddling thing. i think chan and nix said, 'we'll let your guy play for a few weeks. if results are there, we'll go, and if they aren't, we will bail'.

it's that or trent is one amazing practice guy and then regresses come game time when the heat comes. which i could totally believe.