• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Extremebillsfan247
    • Sep 2008

Re: Why the Gailey Hate

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
    This team is worse than the team he inherited.

Point blank. Period.
    This thread should have ended here. Things have not improved, they have gotten worse. You're right. JMO

Comment

• DesertFox24
      • Jul 2005

As Nix has said building through the draft takes time and sometimes fecal fans can not take it.

From 1999 to 2000 we are the product of not sucking enough to get enough elite talent and bad management.

I think Nix is a good GM and I think we have a good scouting department. Modrak or whoever called the shots was not very good clearly.

We had a dearth of talent and could not compete with the big boys. I believe now we have some good players and some young players with the potential to get us to a point where we can compete annually for a playoff spot and that is what I want.

I want a 90s style run where we go to playoffs 8 years out of 10, I do not want to mortgage the future on high priced FA or trade up really high and draft a guy and give up a bunch of first rounders. Could you image what kind of shape the skins would be in if RG3 fails or regresses like Cam. I do not think he will because RG3 is a thrower who can run, but if he does bomb that franchise will be set back for 7 years.

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by better days View Post
        Well, Fitz was only the starter at the end of 09 because Jauron had been fired. If Jauron was still HC of the Bills today, Trent would still be his starter. Trent fooled Chan with his good play in practice & meaningless games, but at least when the live bullets started to fly, Chan had the good sense to not only bench Trent, but to cut him as well.
        So your basis of proclaiming Gailey as a good coach is

1. Our losses are more exciting because we score more points in them.

2. Gailey was "smart" enough to cut Edwards after showing for 4 years that he was a bum at QB and would never succeed anywhere even though he made him the starter to open the season.

3. He had a few late game victories out of 44 in his Bills head coaching career.

Sounds like one hell of a resume to keep him around. We should give him a 5 year contract extension after this season. And no I don't get the feeling that this team can score a TD whenever they have the ball considering we are 16th in points and 17th in yards even with this pathetic schedule we've had. If that's your definition of of a high octane offense then you're not watching any other games.

In Jauron's last full season as HC the Bills averaged 21 points and 206 yards passing a game. The Bills are averaging 23.1 and 198.5 yards passing a game. I admit it's a little more exciting to watch but in the end it's just as putrid.

What's worse is the NFL has changed a lot since then and it's even easier to pass then it was 4 years ago AND Gailey is an offensive coach. You would think our success would be much better. But hey it's a little more exciting to watch us lose more games while we average two more points a game. Face it he's a bum and even worse then Jauron was.

Comment

• Mr. Magoo
          • Nov 2012

Its simple Gailey is a decent OC, but horrible HC.
          2018 Mock:
          1a Mason Rudolph QB
          1b Vander Esch LB
          2a James Washington WR
          2b James Daniels C
          3a Harrison Phillips DT
          3b Geron Christian OT

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
            So your basis of proclaiming Gailey as a good coach is

1. Our losses are more exciting because we score more points in them.

2. Gailey was "smart" enough to cut Edwards after showing for 4 years that he was a bum at QB and would never succeed anywhere even though he made him the starter to open the season.

3. He had a few late game victories out of 44 in his Bills head coaching career.

Sounds like one hell of a resume to keep him around. We should give him a 5 year contract extension after this season. And no I don't get the feeling that this team can score a TD whenever they have the ball considering we are 16th in points and 17th in yards even with this pathetic schedule we've had. If that's your definition of of a high octane offense then you're not watching any other games.

In Jauron's last full season as HC the Bills averaged 21 points and 206 yards passing a game. The Bills are averaging 23.1 and 198.5 yards passing a game. I admit it's a little more exciting to watch but in the end it's just as putrid.

What's worse is the NFL has changed a lot since then and it's even easier to pass then it was 4 years ago AND Gailey is an offensive coach. You would think our success would be much better. But hey it's a little more exciting to watch us lose more games while we average two more points a game. Face it he's a bum and even worse then Jauron was.
            I'm not proclaiming Gailey is a good HC, I'm proclaiming he is a better HC than Jauron was. And if Gailey is fired, the Bills could hire someone even worse.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

I'm not proclaiming Gailey is a good HC, I'm proclaiming he is a better HC than Jauron was. And if Gailey is fired, the Bills could hire someone even worse.
              We have more talent on the field now than 5 years ago and we have a worse record in the standings.

The team overachieved under Jauron and has underachieved or played to how good they are under Gailey.

There's no way anyone can try to claim the roster, even last season, is worse or even just as good as it was back in 07.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                I've posted the nos in the past about the TD's going up when Fitz was the qb.

So why then did Dick ask to sign TO? If running was our strength then he could have saved that roster spot and used it to bolster our running game even further.TO signing wasn't useless. Dick made it useless with his play not to lose philosophy.

The entire team played better when Fewell was the Coach.

Dick held this team back. Doesn't matter if our running game was our so called strength because his philosophy was weakness of this team. Teams PUBLICLY said they knew what was coming under Dick.

Once again, how does practicing vs the 4-3 when your team is playing a 3-4 D play to our strength? Your offense becomes totally clueless on gameday.
                How do you know who asked to sign TO? It could have been a Russ Brandon decision to sell tickets. It worked in the business aspect of things, not the football aspect. We didn't have a QB worth a dam to utilize TO's abilities but he gave the fanbase optimism and sold tickets.

Even when we were practicing against the 4-3 when the opposition ran a 3-4 we had a better overall record then than we do now. Of course, year 3 of Gailey might return us in the standings to where Dick had the team.

So Gailey inherited a perennial 7-9 team, which I don't think anyone will question and then took 3 years to make them a 7-9 team again? And people want to call that progress? Or that he's doing a better job?

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
                  We have more talent on the field now than 5 years ago and we have a worse record in the standings.

The team overachieved under Jauron and has underachieved or played to how good they are under Gailey.

There's no way anyone can try to claim the roster, even last season, is worse or even just as good as it was back in 07.
                  When Nix & Gailey took over, the team was populated with LOSERS Jauron loved. It has taken them time to rebuild the team, but it is headed in the right direction. At least there are some playmakers on this team.

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

You know the worst thing?

I really don't care whether they stay or go.

That's sad.

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

When Nix & Gailey took over, the team was populated with LOSERS Jauron loved. It has taken them time to rebuild the team, but it is headed in the right direction. At least there are some playmakers on this team.
                      In three years the "playmakers" Buddy has brought in are? I will give you Spiller and Mario Williams. Who else?

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                        In three years the "playmakers" Buddy has brought in are? I will give you Spiller and Mario Williams. Who else?
                        Dareus & Gilmore will both be considered playmakers in the future.

Comment

• gebobs
                          One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                          • Sep 2003

If only this was tennis. We would almost have a team.
                          Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• EDS
                            • Jan 2003

Maybe. But it is not like Buddy has drafted playmakers in the here and now like Von Miller, Aldon Smith, A.J. Green, Julio Jones, J.J. Watt, Casey Hawward, Ron Gronkoswki, Bobby Wagner, Chandler Jones, etc.

Comment

• GingerP
                              • Aug 2012

Nix has been in Buffalo for 4 drafts and has had picks #11, #9, #3 and #10. The Bills have been picking in or near the top 10 of every round every year since he got here. It is easier to find players when you have higher picks.

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
                                Nix has been in Buffalo for 4 drafts and has had picks #11, #9, #3 and #10. The Bills have been picking in or near the top 10 of every round every year since he got here. It is easier to find players when you have higher picks.
                                Agreed, but not always the case. Jauron had pretty high picks as well, what have we to show for his top picks?

Comment

Working...
                                X