Power to Give Rep

Re: Nix Asks the fans for more patience

Really?
    No championships in 46 years.
    0-46 on Super Bowls
    1 winning season in 12 years
    No playoffs in 12 years
    No playoff wins in 16 years
    3 years of the current regime and we are no better than when they got here.

Through all of this, fans keep going to games, watching on TV and buying merch. And this dumb mother****er has the audacity to ask fans to be patient?

Go **** yourself, Buddy. You have our patience- it's in the form of the money sitting in your bank account. Other teams get better from one year to the next, yet, you can't. Other teams improve through the draft and find impact players through FA, yet, you can't. Other teams improve by changing coaches and their base offense/defense, yet you take two steps backward for every step forward.

And you want us to be patient? Buddy, you can be as patient as you want with Chan, Wanny and Fitz. They will NEVER win a SB, especially with you picking the "talent" they have to work with. Seriously, **** off and die.

2. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (12-06-2012),Cntrygal (12-09-2012),Historian (12-07-2012),Lone Stranger (12-07-2012),Novacane (12-07-2012),TrEd FTW (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Understand what he's trying to sell to the fans, but we've been fed that line one too many times.

We're the most patient fans in football, the fact that we actually discuss our team is a testament to our commitment. Fans have stuck with this franchise, other fan bases jump ship with ease. The ****ing Rams have had more success in the last 12 years than this team has, and their fans abandoned the team a few years removed from a SB victory.

Patients, we have plenty of patients. Results, we have none. Show me something, show me you're not the incompetent old man who's ****ed up two drafts.
    Last edited by kingJofNYC; 12-06-2012 at 09:53 PM.

4. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

and the Rams will be coming here to kick our asses this week too. They are not a completely pathetic football team...I doubt we can beat them.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

To me, it simply sounds like a public plea towards Brandon to save his job.

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BLeonard View Post
    I don't disagree with the philosophy, per se, but the thing is, with that philosophy, you actually have to get the QB at some time.

The problem is, 2013 doesn't look like a deep year for QB's... I don't follow college football too much, so I don't really know how 2014 looks, but, if Nix doesn't get a QB this year, we'll hear the same **** this time next year. By then, all those players you drafted to build the team up before getting a QB are looking at Free Agency. Levitre and Byrd are up this year, Wood is up after next year... teh year after, Spiller's contract is up.

How many more years is he gonna wait before pulling the trigger? If he waits much longer, he'll have to spend the picks on players to fill holes that are created by players leaving for Free Agency.

-Bill
    It's deeper than that. I don't fully agree with his concept. Yes, you need to have a good team for the young QB to suceed. But there's no reason our young QB couldn't sit the bench while the rest of the team was built.

Using his method, should we somehow assume the young QB will play like a solid starter day one? There is often a period where the young player adapts to the NFL. How many more months will we be forced to stay with Fitz because our young QB isn't ready?
    Last edited by X-Era; 12-07-2012 at 05:42 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,314 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And one more problem with patience:

NFL players have a limited shelf life. Players get old and become shells of themselves or retire. Players become FA's and move on. Players get injuries from which they don't fully recover. The longer it takes Buddy to fill existing holes, the more likely new ones will open up. Actually, "likely" is a bad way to phrase it- new holes will inevitably open up.

This is why this team has been mired in a self-perpetuating rebuilding cycle for 12 ****ing years. They attempt to plug holes through the draft and FA, but make bad choices, and by the time they figure it out and get the holes plugged, new holes have opened up, and we are right back to bad choices in the draft and FA. Then the coach and/or the GM gets fired and we are right back to the beginning of the cycle.

So, once again, **** patience. It's way past time for this team to start getting it right.

9. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (12-08-2012)

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by bf1 View Post
    Sorry Nix. I don't have patience as you "build through the draft" while missing picks left and right. Besides Mario, he's done nothing significant in free agency. The end result is a wash. Constantly trying to fill holes as new ones open up. It's incredibly frustrating to see other teams improve. Granted other teams have their ups and downs, but it's frustrating that there are never any ups and it's not a lack of patience.
    I think we've been slowly filling the holes and not creating new ones as quickly. Look at our needs from two years ago and last year, LT, RT, CB, QB, WR, TE, you count them. This year I would argue all we need are QB, LB, and maybe 2nd WR. Ron Brooks can certainly fill the 2nd CB need, and we've got our franchise LT for years to come in Glenn and Spiller being the future RB. That's definitely a step in the right direction.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    I think we've been slowly filling the holes and not creating new ones as quickly. Look at our needs from two years ago and last year, LT, RT, CB, QB, WR, TE, you count them. This year I would argue all we need are QB, LB, and maybe 2nd WR. Ron Brooks can certainly fill the 2nd CB need, and we've got our franchise LT for years to come in Glenn and Spiller being the future RB. That's definitely a step in the right direction.
    If we filled those holes with better talent, their record would show it. Lets see how many players leave before filling the rest of the holes.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Levitre will be running as fast as he can to greener pastures, same with urbik and rhinehart. Byrd is gone. How does the o-line look now?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Don't know why, but this is how I view Buddy Nix's performance as GM and building the team. Can't keep up! Where eating the chocolate is bringing in Shawn Pussyfoot on Steroids Merriman.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The game is so biased to the pass game by the NFL these days. $$$.

If you burp on a QB, you get a PF.

Nix is weaseling words - get the QB first. He's painting a happy face on Fitz and defending the premature contract extension.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    Guys like Rodgers and Flacco don't "fall" in drafts. The truth is what Nix is trying to say, what I do, that franchise QBs are more a product of their surrounding cast then talent all by their lonesomes. Look at Josh Freeman last year compared to this year. He's worlds better is it because suddenly he became better and/or more mature or was it through the additional of Vincent Jackson, Dallas Clark or Doug Martin. Most likely it was a combination of both but to me you build as much talent outside of QB and then make your QB the last part and then he's not going to be counted on to do as much which means he has a better chance at suceeding.
    Yes, in Freemans case it was a combination of both. Morris was a soft HC & Freeman took advantage of that. He did not work out in the offseason & came into camp last year FAT & out of shape. Then during the season, he never did get in shape & did not work on his game, he COASTED & Morris let him get away with it.

The Bucs hired a no nonsense HC in the offseason & Freeman was told to report in shape ready to work. He reported to camp in the best shape of his career & the reports are he is working hard. It does not hurt to have added weapons either.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    and the Rams will be coming here to kick our asses this week too. They are not a completely pathetic football team...I doubt we can beat them.
    Well, this week should tell us a lot about the Bills. If the Bills win this game, it will not be against a pushover. If they lose, it will most likely be on Fitz & show just how badly he needs to be replaced.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    You're over valuing Ron Brooks. He's shown he can be a good depth CB but asking him to start full time is a whole other question. I will admit I had doubts on Glenn and he's shown to be better then I ever imagined but still resistant saying he's a full time starter. He has to prove himself next year before I will say LT is filled. This offseason it looks like we're going to lose McKelvin and McGee who have to be replaced. Hopefully we do it with a mid range UFA that can also compete for a starting spot with Aaron Williams insteading having to force us to draft a CB high.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,370 Times in 8,983 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

More patience?

It's not like we have a choice here but still.

It's the principle of the thing.

Buddy must think we drink from a limitless well of patience.

Thirteen years is a long time.

Four years to crack .500 is a crappy roadmap to success.

Just sayin'.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Nix Asks the fans for more patience