Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Scientists warn of sperm count crisis

  1. #1
    Retired (mostly) MidnightVoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    In the sixties
    Posts
    10,029
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 2,052 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    37

    Scientists warn of sperm count crisis

    http://richarddawkins.net/news_artic...s#.UMEl-7bajJg

    The reproductive health of the average male is in sharp decline, the world's largest study of the quality and concentration of sperm has found.

    Between 1989 and 2005, average sperm counts fell by a third in the study of 26,000 men, increasing their risk of infertility. The amount of healthy sperm was also reduced, by a similar proportion.

    The findings confirm research over the past 20 years that has shown sperm counts declining in many countries across the world. Reasons ranging from tight underwear to toxins in the environment have been advanced to explain the fall, but still no definitive cause has been found........

    The worldwide fall in sperm counts has been accompanied by a rise in testicular cancer rates have doubled in the last 30 years and in other male sexual disorders such as undescended testes, which are indicative of a "worrying pattern", scientists say.
    "The '60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great." ~ Abbie Hoffman

  2. #2
    Registered User Mouldsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,990
    Thanks
    3,636
    Thanked 2,108 Times in 1,297 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    13

    Re: Scientists warn of sperm count crisis

    Yup.

    Be careful with your cell phones, plastic water bottles, processed foods, etc

  3. #3
    Lecter's Little Bitch
    Mr. Miyagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    53,596
    Thanks
    707
    Thanked 2,766 Times in 1,390 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    154

    Re: Scientists warn of sperm count crisis

    I don't care. I'm done having kids.

  4. Post thanked by:

    jamze132 (12-09-2012)

  5. #4
    Pretty cool for a Fin Fan. Jaydog57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Posts
    4,220
    Thanks
    384
    Thanked 236 Times in 150 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    28

    Re: Scientists warn of sperm count crisis

    Maybe the overpopulation of the world will slow down a bit.
    "There ought to be a room in every house to swear in. It's dangerous to have to repress an emotion like that." - Mark Twain

  6. #5
    сертифицированный российский тролль Gibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    14,918
    Thanks
    18,790
    Thanked 5,276 Times in 3,710 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    45

    Re: Scientists warn of sperm count crisis

    No big loss to me really, no girl I currently know is really worth trying to get into a relationship where sex could be a possible outcome.

  7. #6
    Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Native: West Seneca Now: Florida
    Posts
    30,957
    Thanks
    1,951
    Thanked 4,000 Times in 2,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    80

    Re: Scientists warn of sperm count crisis

    Hopefully it will play into an upcoming Lack of Traffic Crisis.

    Patti

  8. #7
    Registered User DraftBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    85,941
    Thanks
    3,522
    Thanked 13,983 Times in 7,862 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    220

    Re: Scientists warn of sperm count crisis

    I blame porn.

    On a serious note, been tested, all good in that department.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

  9. #8
    short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    50,747
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 249 Times in 190 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    165

    Re: Scientists warn of sperm count crisis

    there's enough idiots in this world. and that's not counting the Democrats and Republicans.
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    16,054
    Thanks
    6,654
    Thanked 8,518 Times in 5,260 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51

    Re: Scientists warn of sperm count crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Suetonius View Post
    No big loss to me really, no girl I currently know is really worth trying to get into a relationship where sex could be a possible outcome.
    Your hand just breathed a sigh of relief. You won't be cheating on her for the foreseeable future.

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    16,054
    Thanks
    6,654
    Thanked 8,518 Times in 5,260 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51

    Re: Scientists warn of sperm count crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightVoice View Post
    http://richarddawkins.net/news_artic...s#.UMEl-7bajJg

    The reproductive health of the average male is in sharp decline, the world's largest study of the quality and concentration of sperm has found.

    Between 1989 and 2005, average sperm counts fell by a third in the study of 26,000 men, increasing their risk of infertility. The amount of healthy sperm was also reduced, by a similar proportion.

    The findings confirm research over the past 20 years that has shown sperm counts declining in many countries across the world. Reasons ranging from tight underwear to toxins in the environment have been advanced to explain the fall, but still no definitive cause has been found........

    The worldwide fall in sperm counts has been accompanied by a rise in testicular cancer – rates have doubled in the last 30 years – and in other male sexual disorders such as undescended testes, which are indicative of a "worrying pattern", scientists say.
    A twice a week order of Rocky Mountain Oysters will take care of that problem.

  12. #11
    сертифицированный российский тролль Gibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    14,918
    Thanks
    18,790
    Thanked 5,276 Times in 3,710 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    45

    Re: Scientists warn of sperm count crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    Your hand just breathed a sigh of relief. You won't be cheating on her for the foreseeable future.
    Haven't really done that in a while. I just don't really think about sex all that much. Right sort of woman comes into my life and that will probably change but I'm not really in any hurry.

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    16,054
    Thanks
    6,654
    Thanked 8,518 Times in 5,260 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51

    Re: Scientists warn of sperm count crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Suetonius View Post
    Haven't really done that in a while. I just don't really think about sex all that much. Right sort of woman comes into my life and that will probably change but I'm not really in any hurry.
    All kidding aside, that is very wise. Love usually happens when you least expect it and aren't looking.

  14. Post thanked by:

    Mouldsie (12-12-2012)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •