2013 - Free Agents. Who should the Bills go after?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Re: 2013 - Free Agents. Who should the Bills go after?

You guys are jaded... it's almost like talking to two PTSD victims. Fitzpatrick may be vanilla, but Moore is garbage.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Schaub and Flacco are pretty much going nowhere. I would take either. Moore I have no interest in.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        • May 2009

If Vick becomes available, I would rather the Bills go into next season with Vick instead Putzputrid. Fitz will never lead this team to anything more than a 6-10 record.

Comment

• Ed
          • Sep 2002

Well looks like Chris Brown has crushed my hopes of getting Bowe in his weekly Fan Friday Q&A:

3 – Hi Chris,
          Just looking ahead at the possibilities of the Bills filling in some holes with Free Agency and how active they might be this coming off-season. I would love for them to make upgrades at corner, wide receiver, and linebacker (quarterback too, but that would likely be addressed in the draft). How much cap space do the Bills currently have to work with in the off-season? I know that re-signing Byrd and Levitre will be top priorities for them, but once they’re taken care of, how much room will they likely have to work with, if any at all? Would love to see Dwayne Bowe in a Bills uniform!

As always, love the coverage you provide for us … please keep up the great work!

Paul

CB: Thanks for the kind words. I am not in a position to provide cap space figures, but I can tell you that Buffalo has a lot of young players coming up for contract consideration. You mentioned Byrd and Levitre. They’ve also got Kraig Urbik, Chad Rinehart to consider for their offensive line. Restricted free agents include David Nelson and Donald Jones. Leodis McKelvin is another unrestricted free agent of note. So very quickly just for the Bills to keep their own they’ll be eating into heavily into their cap space if they decide to do some long terms deals with any of the aforementioned players.

One free agent to be that hasn’t garnered much attention is Kyle Moore, who will also be unrestricted at season’s end.

That’s why the thought of Dwayne Bowe in a Bills uniform is a pipe dream. Buffalo is already heavily invested in the wide receiver position with Stevie Johnson. They likely intend to invest more with Nelson and Jones. So to try and add Bowe, who is looking for upwards of $10M a season, it’s just not going to happen.
          Other veteran free agents of note include Bryan Scott, Corey McIntyre and Spencer Johnson.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            • May 2009

Bryan Scott is beyond terrible, Corey Mcintyre can be replaced by anybody, and Spencer Johnson is equally as terrible as Bryan Scott. I have no idea why the Bills would want to resign these guys.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Weak FA class.

Comment

• more cowbell
                • Apr 2006

quentin jammer = farts.
                The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Don't Panic View Post
                  You guys are jaded... it's almost like talking to two PTSD victims. Fitzpatrick may be vanilla, but Moore is garbage.
                  When given the chance to play this year, Moore has not looked like garbage, Fitz has.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍