X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Ego sacrafice by some... Real sacrafice by others

I need to say something about this that may make a few angry. But I gotta say...

**** YOU RYAN MILLER... **** YOU BRAD RICHARDS. You claim you're doing this as a sacrafice for the lower end players.

Those lower end players are suffering greatly because they're not collecting their lower end salaries. Those lower end players want to strap on the skates, play hockey, and make a lower end salary that is ultimately paid for by the fans who make far less than those same lower end players.

But you, Ryan Miller and Brad Richards, are in the middle of your ego based sacrafice. AND IT'S PISSING ME OFF!

50% is enough... Get over it and get back on the ice!
  • G Wolly
    • Mar 2004

Re: Ego sacrafice by some... Real sacrafice by others

Your abundance of grammatical errors is a sacrIfice of the English language...

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

Without insulting your English, I find it interesting that these players are fighting for the future players coming into the league and then reject a 10-year proposal so these future players can negotiate their own CBA.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

This was hard to read, even though I agree.

Comment

• ckg927
          Not quite Best in the World....
          • Aug 2012

Let me add some people to that list....F Gary Bettman...F Donald Fehr...F the owners(Yes, that includes Pegs. He voted for this!)....F the players.

Have I covered everyone yet? :)
          "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

Comment

• gebobs
            One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
            • Sep 2003

Such is the case in any labor dispute. People put wages on the line for future benefit.

I wouldn't worry at all about the players. They are probably getting union benefits and they are free to play anywhere they want in the world. They don't have to walk picket lines. They don't need their neighbors to stage spaghetti fund raisers.

That being said, I hope the lockout lasts all year and into the next. They don't give a ****. The only side that is going to get screwed are the fans.
            Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

The owners blew it in the last deal, when they gave the players waaaaaaaay too much, just to get hockey going. There was NEVER enough $$ in the pot to justify those terms. No national TV deal with upfront $$, like the NFL and NBA. A large divide between rich owners and others barely keeping their team going. 4-6 NHL teams too many.

Now they want it back. This had disaster written all over it from the start. Can't say I'm surprised by the current situation.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍