Play to win? LMAO Gailey has to go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Re: Play to win? LMAO Gailey has to go.

dream on folks. Gaily will be here next year. I guarantee it.
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Why so Serious? View Post
      We just need a little patience.

Comment

• HAMMER
        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
        • Jul 2003

I understand not kicking a 52 yard field goal in 10-15 MPH winds, I don't understand punting. I also don't get the whole wait until the game is almost over before you go for 2 point conversions. The playing conservative thing just doesn't work for this team. Gailey just doesn't get it IMO.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Why so Serious? View Post
          If so 2013 = A wasted season with zero chance at the playoffs.

Actually, 2013 regardless of what we do this offseason has zero chance at the playoffs but if we go with Gailey it's gonna be a lameduck wasted year instead of a developmental year.

Comment

• ICRockets
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
            If so 2013 = A wasted season with zero chance at the playoffs.

Actually, 2013 regardless of what we do this offseason has zero chance at the playoffs but if we go with Gailey it's gonna be a lameduck wasted year instead of a developmental year.
            I completely disagree. There is a playoff team on that field with better coaching and a competent quarterback. If we nail those decisions this offseason I think we see a 10-6 team.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
              I completely disagree. There is a playoff team on that field with better coaching and a competent quarterback. If we nail those decisions this offseason I think we see a 10-6 team.
              I agree. I believe this team could be turned around in one year with a competent coaching staff. Draft Manti Te'o to run your defense and draft a quarterback in the second to groom behind Michael Vick for two years.

Comment

• gebobs
                One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                • Sep 2003

LOL...and what have you seen in this organization that gives you any confidence at all that they won't completely botch the next coaching hire?

And don't kid yourself...the Bills quarterback for 2013 is on the team.
                Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• ICRockets
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                  LOL...and what have you seen in this organization that gives you any confidence at all that they won't completely botch the next coaching hire?

And don't kid yourself...the Bills quarterback for 2013 is on the team.
                  I never said I have faith in the powers that be. But that doesn't mean they are in any way guaranteed to ruin this rebuilding offseason.
                  Last edited by ICRockets; 12-09-2012, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• gebobs
                    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                    • Sep 2003

I never said I have faith in the powers that be. But that doesn't mean they will ruin this rebuilding offseason.
                    Unless the powers change, it's a lock.
                    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• imbondz
                      Democrats are people too
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by colin View Post
                      ok, is chan gailey the worst corch in the post levy era? i don't see how there's any controversy about it, he is.
                      as much as I wanted to believe he isn't, his record says otherwise. we have more talent on this team than 4-8.
                      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

5-8

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

A QB and a LB away with better coaching?!? I'm unsure which coaches you guys think need to be replaced...I say all. But don't get any misconceptions here that this team is possibly a playoff team next year. This is a bad football team that hasn't been able to take advantage of a weak schedule. Here's next years games. You tell me what available QB helps us win 10 of these games, the idea of Vick is laughable as he's now a turnover machine worse than Fitz.

Home - Baltimore, Cincy, Atlanta, Carolina, NYJ, NE, Mia, AFC West team either the Chargers or Raiders. We could literally be as bad as 2-6 at home.

Away - Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, TB, NYJ, NE, Mia, AFC South team either Colts or Titans. We could also literally be as bad as 2-6 away.

Sure we'll get better, theoretically, so will these other teams. The gap between us and cincy, pittsburgh, baltimore, atlanta, new orleans, new england isn't a gap you make up in one offseason. Say you steal a victory in that grouping, that still puts you at 1-6. Then you have 9 games against other teams that are just as good as you, a little better or a little worse.

So you stay the course with Gailey and you play a lame duck wasted season that he won't survive. Or you go a different direction and you actually go into year 1 of a rebuilding year the proper way and develop some players/talent to build upon to be successful year in and year out. Not just sitting and hoping you draw a weak schedule and get all the bounces to go your way to make the playoffs.

Comment

• ICRockets
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                            Unless the powers change, it's a lock.

Make no mistake, I believe everyone from the top down needs to go. But the higher up the ladder you are, the further you can kick that can down the road. Buddy nix And Russ Brandon are probably toxic to the bills, but they are hiding Ralph Wilsons corpse right now so they have the power. If they have this offseason I am willing to hope they get it right.

Comment

• ICRockets
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
                              A QB and a LB away with better coaching?!? I'm unsure which coaches you guys think need to be replaced...I say all. But don't get any misconceptions here that this team is possibly a playoff team next year. This is a bad football team that hasn't been able to take advantage of a weak schedule. Here's next years games. You tell me what available QB helps us win 10 of these games, the idea of Vick is laughable as he's now a turnover machine worse than Fitz.

Home - Baltimore, Cincy, Atlanta, Carolina, NYJ, NE, Mia, AFC West team either the Chargers or Raiders. We could literally be as bad as 2-6 at home.

Away - Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, TB, NYJ, NE, Mia, AFC South team either Colts or Titans. We could also literally be as bad as 2-6 away.

Sure we'll get better, theoretically, so will these other teams. The gap between us and cincy, pittsburgh, baltimore, atlanta, new orleans, new england isn't a gap you make up in one offseason. Say you steal a victory in that grouping, that still puts you at 1-6. Then you have 9 games against other teams that are just as good as you, a little better or a little worse.

So you stay the course with Gailey and you play a lame duck wasted season that he won't survive. Or you go a different direction and you actually go into year 1 of a rebuilding year the proper way and develop some players/talent to build upon to be successful year in and year out. Not just sitting and hoping you draw a weak schedule and get all the bounces to go your way to make the playoffs.

I don't understand who you're arguing with. Is it supposed to be me? If so, can you try to rephrase how you disagree with me?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                                Peterman Sucks!
                                • Mar 2006

I don't understand who you're arguing with. Is it supposed to be me? If so, can you try to rephrase how you disagree with me?
                                That's where you disagreed with me. 2013 is gonna be a long year regardless of what moves we make, it's gonna be even longer if we keep Gailey and pals around though.

Comment

Working...
                                X