Thread: What are the odds Chan gets canned today?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What are the odds Chan gets canned today?

What are the odds that someone else shows up for this afternoon's presser and announces Chan is canned and OBD ****blocks Sully's anticipated question to Gailey to resign?

I'm sick of our coaching carousel over the last 10 years, but I would actually appreciate seeing this happen. One has to think that sooner or later our bad luck is going to expire. I know there isn't anyone out there that will take the gig mid season and we don't have anyone better on the team under Chan right now that would do any good like Perry Fewell could have. Plus we are only down to the last three games...

Second thought, maybe we should keep him around to give us better chances to lose all three and improve our draft pick.

Here's the time when one realizes that this is like Ground Hog's Day again. For the last twelve years of our fandom...we get to experience this circle of life in Buffalo, NY. We root for a new coach more than we root for our team to win. There should be a new holiday for us Bill's fans in the first week of December. Maybe on either side of Pearl Harbor Day? We could call it, Circle The Wagon's and Look Forward to the Upcoming Draft Day!
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

SpikedLemonade

Re: What are the odds Chan gets canned today?

Zero.

Hopefully once this season is over.

3. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (12-10-2012)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jpdex12 View Post
    What are the odds that someone else shows up for this afternoon's presser and announces Chan is canned !
    Knowing the Bills, there's better odds they show up and announce a Chan extension to " get it right " .

See Jauron & Mularkey.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 944 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Zero.

Hopefully once this season is over.
    I'll see your "zero" and raise you the 2013 season.

Nix, Gailey and Fitz will all be back next season, in the name of "continuity." If anything changes, Fitz will be gone and Nix and Gailey will be trying to tell all of us how great Tavaris Jackson has looked in practice and how he's the guy for 2013.

Maybe this time next year, the Bills will make changes, but nothing drastic this offseason.

-Bill

6. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (12-10-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

50/50

He either is or isn't.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Okay, how can we get another one of those potent billboards working again?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,215 Times in 3,684 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If Ralph takes a dirt nap, it's 100% Chan is gone.

10. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 26,406 Times in 13,791 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jpdex12 View Post
    What are the odds that someone else shows up for this afternoon's presser and announces Chan is canned and OBD ****blocks Sully's anticipated question to Gailey to resign?

I'm sick of our coaching carousel over the last 10 years, but I would actually appreciate seeing this happen. One has to think that sooner or later our bad luck is going to expire. I know there isn't anyone out there that will take the gig mid season and we don't have anyone better on the team under Chan right now that would do any good like Perry Fewell could have. Plus we are only down to the last three games...

Second thought, maybe we should keep him around to give us better chances to lose all three and improve our draft pick.

Here's the time when one realizes that this is like Ground Hog's Day again. For the last twelve years of our fandom...we get to experience this circle of life in Buffalo, NY. We root for a new coach more than we root for our team to win. There should be a new holiday for us Bill's fans in the first week of December. Maybe on either side of Pearl Harbor Day? We could call it, Circle The Wagon's and Look Forward to the Upcoming Draft Day!
    The problem is that it's not bad luck. It's systemic failure. It's not like Ralph and Russ are making good choices regarding HC's, then we just get unlucky when they get here. Good coaches don't want to come to Buffalo. It may be because the FO is so bad at putting talent on the field. It may be because Ralph underpays. It may be because Ralph meddles. It's probably a combination of the 3. But for whatever reason, we are stuck with the bottom of the barrel of the coaching talent pool. Same thing with GM.

And because we are scraping the bottom of the barrel with GM's as well, the team sucks at selecting talent and the coach has crap to work with. Between the coach's own deficiencies and the lack of player talent, they are set up to fail.

I want Gailey gone too, but I have little faith that it will make any difference. Nothing will change until Ralph is no longer the owner.

12. Post thanked by:

imbondz (12-10-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Firing him now only makes some of the fans happy, and even then it's only temporary happiness. It does nothing to help the team long term. I do not have faith in Ralph by any stretch, but if there is any longshot possibility at all of finding a decent head coach, firing Chan during the season sends a bad message to that person. It's not the same as firing a coordinator. The owner or GM fires the head guy. There are only 3 games left. It does nothing to make a difference at this point.

14. Post thanked by:

ghz in pittsburgh (12-10-2012),OpIv37 (12-10-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,452 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So lets fore the Offensive Coordinator

But to play
    that’s the thing
    shut up and deal
    ~ Jesse May

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightVoice View Post
    So lets fore the Offensive Coordinator
    Are you not satisfied with the job Curtis Modkins is doing?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Does he have a wife and kids? Just asking...

Thanks
    Thanked 8,923 Times in 5,311 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The 3 year flush... And hope abounds.

along with season tickets sales.

idiots.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,413 Times in 8,998 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    The 3 year flush... And hope abounds.

along with season tickets sales.

idiots.
    Gailey has proven beyond any reasonable doubt that he's incompetent and incapable of winning in the NFL.

We don't stand to lose anything if he's fired.

Nix has proven beyond any reasonable doubt that he's incapable of hiring a good coach (much like Tom Donahoe).

So it's a catch 22.

What is your solution, outside of Ralph Wilson dying and God sending an angel down from Heaven to save our team?

20. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Today, zero.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

if they fired him today, here is the outlook.

DEcember 23 - big name coach rumored to be in buffalo (despite the team being in miami that week). "Oh my gosh, finally a real coach"
    December 31 - all teams from 1-15 in the draft make their annual coach firings. so another 8 spots just openned up.

January 8 - OC/DC of a top 4 team in the AFC/NFC is asked to interview at some spots. Buffalo remains tight lipped about their search.
    February, day after superbowl, the other 8 teams in succession sign the top OC/DC names and a big name college coach. The bills tell us they are very close as each one slips away.

Mid February - the rumblings begin of a presser to come about. "the chin passed up on all the other jobs to take this one!!"
    Two days after- the bills formally promote wandstadt. Nix and Wanny do the smile handshake picture. Half of you will try to find some positive in this. the other half will drink heavily. Knowing there is nothing else for us to do and that the best part of hoping and wishing is now closed, we suck it up like we always do and try to console each other than we should give the guy 3 years.

March - our free agents "levtre and byrd" leave.
    April - 2-3 questionable draft choices where this board gets it right, and their board misses.

Eventually one of these years, ralph wilson passes, and we finally find out what happens to our team. That's the only way it gets better.

23. Post thanked by:

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bangarang View Post
    Are you not satisfied with the job Curtis Modkins is doing?
    Who?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I believe most of us would like to see Chan go. However, I think a major factor, not being considered here, is his contract. I've heard it may be a 5 year deal. If so, I think Ralph is going to have a hard time eating two years of that contract.

26. Post thanked by:

Jeff1220 (12-10-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    The problem is that it's not bad luck. It's systemic failure. It's not like Ralph and Russ are making good choices regarding HC's, then we just get unlucky when they get here. Good coaches don't want to come to Buffalo. It may be because the FO is so bad at putting talent on the field. It may be because Ralph underpays. It may be because Ralph meddles. It's probably a combination of the 3. But for whatever reason, we are stuck with the bottom of the barrel of the coaching talent pool. Same thing with GM.

And because we are scraping the bottom of the barrel with GM's as well, the team sucks at selecting talent and the coach has crap to work with. Between the coach's own deficencies and the lack of player talent, they are set up to fail.

I want Gailey gone too, but I have little faith that it will make any difference. Nothing will change until Ralph is no longer the owner.
    Op, I mean the bad luck of us fans...